• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwing_sparty

patrick roy and son suspended

Rate this topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3311529

i can't believe this video. i'm all for fighting in hockey, but that was an assault. it was absolutely clear that the other goalie had no interest in fighting. they ought to suspend him from the league for a year for that type of behavior. flicking off the fans afterwards was a classy move too.

They said in the video that he apoligized later for it. SO WHAT?! he's only sorry he got busted. he's just a thug and apparenlty he sucks just like his daddy cause they lost 10-1.

that kind of stuff is just sick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3311529

i can't believe this video. i'm all for fighting in hockey, but that was an assault. it was absolutely clear that the other goalie had no interest in fighting. they ought to suspend him from the league for a year for that type of behavior. flicking off the fans afterwards was a classy move too.

They said in the video that he apoligized later for it. SO WHAT?! he's only sorry he got busted. he's just a thug and apparenlty he sucks just like his daddy cause they lost 10-1.

that kind of stuff is just sick.

Did they announce suspensions?

I love it when goalis come together....

and he still fought another player after that...

idk... i can't say much about fighting a player who really didn't want to fight as I loved D-mac fighting Lemieux in his "non fighting" turtle stance....

Guest GordieSid&Ted

idk... i can't say much about fighting a player who really didn't want to fight as I loved D-mac fighting Lemieux in his "non fighting" turtle stance....

Other than Roy's son being a complete moron. There's one thing here that completely baffles me. If you are the other goaltender, the one who got the dog snot beat out of him. What exactly does somebody have to do for you to defend yourself.

I've never been a goalie but if an opposing goalie skated all the way down ice at me, had no helmet and had tossed of his equipment, I would stand there with my arms resting on the goal until he was about 5 feet away and then as soon as he came in i'd get my arms and stick up into his face and drill him backwards onto his ass.

Nothing is more embarassing than laying a guy out who thinks he's going to do a number on you. Just jack the guy in the face and down he goes like a tree. Nobody will call you out for it because the guy came down looking for a fight and you just put a stop to it. 'Tis your right in my opinion.

his son apologized for flickin off the crowd, not the fighting

I loved how he said he would never do it again. Please, he just said that so the suspension wouldn't be as much. Jonathon Roy didn't get enough games. He should have gotten 10+.

Other than Roy's son being a complete moron. There's one thing here that completely baffles me. If you are the other goaltender, the one who got the dog snot beat out of him. What exactly does somebody have to do for you to defend yourself.

I've never been a goalie but if an opposing goalie skated all the way down ice at me, had no helmet and had tossed of his equipment, I would stand there with my arms resting on the goal until he was about 5 feet away and then as soon as he came in i'd get my arms and stick up into his face and drill him backwards onto his ass.

Nothing is more embarassing than laying a guy out who thinks he's going to do a number on you. Just jack the guy in the face and down he goes like a tree. Nobody will call you out for it because the guy came down looking for a fight and you just put a stop to it. 'Tis your right in my opinion.

He sat there looking almost smug... i only can assume he was jawing at him while relaxing against the cross bar... I almost feel bad for him, then i think.... dude, "you got knocked the f*** out!"

He took my philosophy litereally... he went out and BROKE HIS HEAD!!!! good going ace! When i say BREAK HIS HEAD the his is the other guy.... not your own.

Edited by OsGOD

I see the connection between this fight and Mac vs. Lepuke. The only thing wrong with this fight is that the ref stopped the 3rd man from getting into the fight. They stood at the other end and let everyone wrestle on the ice, but then wouldn't let the player help his goalie on the other end. How does that work? Without the 3rd man in that situation it gave Wah pretty much unlimited time in beating the kid. How is that protecting anyone?

Did they announce suspensions?

From the article....

Quebec Remparts goalie Jonathan Roy was suspended for seven games, and Remparts coach Patrick Roy -- Jonathan's father -- was suspended for five games following Saturday's melee between their team and the Chicoutimi Sagueneens in a Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff.

The league announced in a news release a series of penalties against five other players, as well as Sagueneens coach Richard Martel.

Edited by Gizmo

While I loved what Patrick brought to the Avs on the ice, I've always been ashamed of his off ice behavior. This action by him and his son was uncalled for. Personally they both should have been suspended longer because this is the exact same mentality from coach and player that lead to Bertuzzi/Moore types of incidents.

Edited by csdan

Completely and utterly classless move.. that goalie wanted absolutely nothing to do with him and he just kept at it..

...That said, he did quite the number on BOTH of those guys so I'll give him credit for that

Guest CaliWingsNut

I don't think we'll have to worry about them much... I doubt either will be going anyplace more major...

Jonathan Roy, 19, was near the bottom of the league's goaltending statistics in the regular season, with a 3-10 record in 22 games and a 3.96 GAA.

I coudn't agree with you more. I was watching this on t.v and my wife asked me why was he not defending himself...my reply was he probably doesn't know how...poor bastard.

When I played Hockey I got into a number of fights, But nothing was more satisfying than some one running their mouth and coming after you just to get rolled, and I must say I rolled some heads pretty good back then...Right LaJeunesse from Laval, I ruined your ass twice in the same game

(I know your out there)

Edited by bellarina

Once again OsGOD, we agree. Seriously we get so blinded so fast. Also this was a great fight, why would the other goalie not stick up for himself. When the whole TEAM is fighting and the opposing goalie is coming at you he probably does not want to talk about dancing with the stars. Roy did what he thought was right for his team. Flipping off the fans, lets get some rebels back in hockey.

Probert, Mac, Kocur all guys who would fight someone regardless if they wanted to fight.

The most exciting rival probably in our generation of fans. We hate Roy because he brought that excitment to us. Best goalie fight I think I have ever seen.

McCarty was getting revenge from the hit on Draper. What Wah did was wrong. That goalie wanted nothing to do with him.

McCarty was getting revenge from the hit on Draper. What Wah did was wrong. That goalie wanted nothing to do with him.

That we see from the clip... who knows what is said on and off the ice to incite some anger... Just because the split second of the vid show the goalie un willing to defend himself, doesn't me he didn't chirp behind the scenes... just sayin' there could be outside forces at work too. Or else you would think this wouldn't be Roy's first scuffle with a goalie.

...also just looking at lemieux's ass kicking video isolated from the "back story" that is pretty much the same as what we saw in this video... do we know the back stroy between these two teams, these two players? I think not.

Edited by OsGOD