• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
clayjoh

Hasek: Losing his edge or just disinterested 'til playoffs?

Rate this topic

THought I'd throw this one out for you boys to chew on for a day or so

Hasek looks horribly inconsistent as of late

THe Brainiacs on TSN figure we've got goaltending trouble in spite of our league leading GAA.

So what's the consensus: is Hasek shaky (like tonight),hurt , or just disinterested till the playoffs start I'm really unsure myself whether I'd start him or Osgood in game one

Flame Away !

well he had a shutout last game, for some reason chicago just owns him. but o well, he got no help, him nor the team was in this game while the blackhawks were playing for something. thats what happens when u dont play a meaningful game for over a month.

well he had a shutout last game, for some reason chicago just owns him. but o well, he got no help, him nor the team was in this game while the blackhawks were playing for something. thats what happens when u dont play a meaningful game for over a month.

Yup, and that could end up biting them right in the ass come playoff time.

The problem isn't goaltending so much as it is defensive intensity in front of them. If it was just Dom having problems that I could see it, but lost in the debacle of last night was the fact that Ozzie had an .864 save percentage also. Add in the fact that he had an .810 his previous game and I think a pattern is emerging. They BOTH need more support in front of them.

jesus christ i look at the board topics and already people are freakin out .. some one said it earlier Chicago just has our number this year and its played against us .. big whoop hasek had a horrid night (bad bounces, defensive breakdowns) but we saw this happen in chicago once b 4 , Atl , Stl. .. it happens guarenteed the wings come out flying next one

Neither Ozzie nor Dom looked ultimately spectacular and playoff ready last night (though Ozzie did make a couple spectacular saves in the 2nd period; Dom didn't have the chance). However, neither did the team in front of them. The team was bad last night, from the goaltending to the defensemen to the forwards, simple as that.

Neither Ozzie nor Dom looked ultimately spectacular and playoff ready last night (though Ozzie did make a couple spectacular saves in the 2nd period; Dom didn't have the chance). However, neither did the team in front of them. The team was bad last night, from the goaltending to the defensemen to the forwards, simple as that.

I agree. It's easier to save a puck you can see. They'll do fine tonight. I do wish we had Homer and Draper back, though. Last night was a test, and the team failed. It happens.

Both goalies have been nowhere near as consistent as they were earlier in the season. Yeah, the team was playing out of its mind then, but I'm not very confident with these goalies right now.

We're always going to outshoot the other team badly, which means that every shot we face becomes that much more magnified. Ozzie and Hasek have to be able to stop those shots, or else they're going to get blamed for the losses, plain and simple.

Both goalies have been nowhere near as consistent as they were earlier in the season. Yeah, the team was playing out of its mind then, but I'm not very confident with these goalies right now.

To me, injuries have played a big part of that "consistency" aspect as well. It's no secret that Detroit "protects their goaltenders" very well, I think the disruption on a night-to-night basis with the injuries has thrown that cohesiveness of the lineup in a flux.

You don't usually see the defensive blunders out there that have happened over the last month or two, but they're there. A healthy lineup at the start of the playoffs should (hopefully) solve that.

Team has been abyssmal. Goaltending hasn't been much better from either. Dom's been yanked twice in his last five starts in the first period no less. Defense doesn't know what coverage is anymore. Like I said last night, it's nice in theory to think that they'll all just turn it on come playoff time, but practically, I don't think any coach likes to see their team play this bad this close to the start. It's just silly to suggest otherwise. Even coasting with injuries, the team has enough talent to win more of these games and they haven't put forth a remotely respectable effort on any sort of consistent basis. I'm not freaking out or just being negative, I'm just trying to be realistic. They very well could come out and play strong in a week, but let's just say if we do go out early, I'm not going to be shocked. At the very least, they've given us more than a few reasons to be open minded about the idea.

Hasek is in denial of his own mortality. Age has caught up with him. Mentally he's there but his body says differently. I hope Babs considers Ozzie! I always liked Dom, but......I hope I'm wrong!

THought I'd throw this one out for you boys to chew on for a day or so

Hasek looks horribly inconsistent as of late

THe Brainiacs on TSN figure we've got goaltending trouble in spite of our league leading GAA.So what's the consensus: is Hasek shaky (like tonight),hurt , or just disinterested till the playoffs start I'm really unsure myself whether I'd start him or Osgood in game one

Flame Away !

Well of course they do... their baby boy bobby luo is sitting somewhere under our goalies on the league leaders list... its inconceivable.... he is supposed to be the best in league... although he will be golfing while ours are still playing but that is besides the point

Go Neuvirth Go

Go GENS Go

Edited by OsGOD

I highly doubt Hasek is "just disinterested," he just isn't the same goalie he used to be. Granted he still is a very capable one.

The Wings played a fairly strong game on Sunday, and Dom was great. Why does the bad game last night get all of the attention, and totally outweigh the games the Wings have played well lately? Shouldn't they be equal?

Because it seems like every other game we don't play very well and either eek by or lose. If we weren't talented, they wouldn't get attention but we are yet we're still consistently making a lot of stupid mistakes. And like I said, Hasek's been pulled in the first after a flurry of goals 2 times in his last 5 starts. That's pretty, well, awful.