• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 4, Predators 2

Rate this topic

After the time-out the wings put on a clinic. Preds barely got a sniff of our goal till the last 2 mins. ZDH were awesome, very impressed with 3rd line also. Mule was good, but Cleary worries me, I think all that weight he lost is affecting his play just as I feared :(

OK, bed time for me now, see you Monday night!

For those of you wondering who "DekeNShoot" was -- it was DetroitIan, who was banned here some time ago. He's signed up under various aliases, such as "Hank=FutureCaptain", "all_my_might" (he actually threatened me via PM with this one, lol) among others.

My two cents on Dom, and then I'm gonna let it drop:

All you ask for your goalie is to outplay the other team's goalie. Dom made a ton of big saves, while Ellis continues to give up massive rebounds that the Wings started to pounce on. We're up 2-0 people, and Dom's let in 3 goals in 2 games. If Dom has a 1.50 GAA for the playoffs, I really like the Wings' chances. Don't you?

For those of you wondering who "DekeNShoot" was -- it was DetroitIan, who was banned here some time ago. He's signed up under various aliases, such as "Hank=FutureCaptain", "all_my_might" (he actually threatened me via PM with this one, lol) among others.

Ahhh, that makes sense then. I'm familiar with Hank=FutureCaptain's work.

Anyone listen to Babcock's press conference? Trotz should seriously take lessons from him on how to handle discussing the refs. The refs made some bad calls on the Wings part tonight as well, yet Babcock said they did a great job and did the best they could. That is a true, honest coach.

Trotz, on the other hand, tries to pin his team's loss on the refs calling off that first goal by Nashville (when the net was off), and not calling off the Wings second goal that Lidstrom scored. That's so pathetic. No mention of how Arnott, who's supposed to the leader on that team, only has 1 shot series and did nothing tonight but take bad penalties. No mention to how Hlavac misses a wide open net, puts his offsides at least 3 times, and was overall lazy and apathetic the whole game. No mention to the fact that his team was outshot AGAIN. No mention to the fact that, outside of a couple spurts of energy, the Wings totally dominated the Preds again for the second game in a row. Oh, but wait. All this aside, it's still the refs fault. The same refs that basically gave Nashville a 2-man advantage at the end of the game because of the Stuart penalty. :rolleyes:

Cry me a river already. Why don't you try getting your team to actually perform, instead of blaming it on the refs, which seems to be the easy way out? Idiot.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Holy Cow! Hey, is our pacemaker fan okay?

2-0, as it should be

Still alive and kickin' and happy to say that despite feeling like my heart could jump out of my chest at any point, no shocks were felt. :) To be honest, the sucker in my chest is really just a "emergency" type thing. They found this heart conditon in me when I was 13. It's the stuff that kills the kids on the football/soccer/etc... field/court/ice. I've now had it for 22 years. There's no expectation that it WILL ever go off, but it's peace of mind that it's in there if ever I should need it. I'm just itchin to get back in the gym because 3 months without the weight room is going to drive me batty. You can only do cardio 5 days a week for so lon, you know.

Anyway, back on topic. Helluva game by the boys. VERY exciting, but I honestly prefer 8-0 blowouts by our boys. :)

Thanks for asking about me,

Jeff

I wondered why I found Hank=FutureCaptain so annoying.

After the time-out the wings put on a clinic. Preds barely got a sniff of our goal till the last 2 mins. ZDH were awesome, very impressed with 3rd line also. Mule was good, but Cleary worries me, I think all that weight he lost is affecting his play just as I feared :(

OK, bed time for me now, see you Monday night!

I've noticed this with Cleary a bit as well, but I am not worried about him. He is only 8 games back (or so) from a serious injury in which he lost a lot of weight, but also was totally out of the game for a long period of time. He'll come to, I could even see it in today's game when Babock put Draper and Franzen with him--it got better. I love Clears...it will all be good.

I've noticed this with Cleary a bit as well, but I am not worried about him. He is only 8 games back (or so) from a serious injury in which he lost a lot of weight, but also was totally out of the game for a long period of time. He'll come to, I could even see it in today's game when Babock put Draper and Franzen with him--it got better. I love Clears...it will all be good.

It just means once Dan starts getting his strength back, we'll be that much better and deeper in the later rounds.

All you ask for your goalie is to outplay the other team's goalie. Dom made a ton of big saves, while Ellis continues to give up massive rebounds that the Wings started to pounce on. We're up 2-0 people, and Dom's let in 3 goals in 2 games. If Dom has a 1.50 GAA for the playoffs, I really like the Wings' chances. Don't you?

+1 on that.

He did a mistake maybe but he's giving us much more saves!

Congrats Dom,

GO wings!!!!!

Haha, that's funny. He's been trying to ban-dodge in this for place months. What an idiot!

Just give him the perma-boot already: IP Ban. He's a jerk that does nothing but try to start crap, as was evidence in his latest returns here.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Yeah..

This is ridiculous. Had Pens or Caps scored exact same goals, TSN would be praising Crosby or Ovechkin.

It seems like every major media is against Red Wings.

And notice how they didn't even mention the first Nashville goal that resulted from a lucky bounce off the end boards. Jeeez.... Talk about one sided.

We simply outplayed them. Once again, we got some breaks and they got some but there is no doubt that the team that played better won the game. Instead of talking about that they want to dwell only on the breaks that we got.

:blink:

Color me shocked. Seriously. Wow.

You think you know a guy...

EDIT: At least with his DetroitIan alias. The other ones, I wasn't familiar with.

Edited by edicius

nope, I watched the entire game. yes, he was solid except for those

dumb actions and he deserves credit for what he's done through the

rest of the game.

Dumb actions? The first because he left the net to stop the dump-in? If that happens 100 more times, Dom (and virtually any other goaltender) will go behind the net to help out his defense 100 times. Was it a "bad" goal? Sure -- but it was a freak thing. I don't specifically pin that on Hasek because he's going back to help. s*** happens.

As for the 2nd goal -- that was a complete brainfart by Lilja playing a bouncing puck (glove? hello!). Hasek, however SHOULD have stopped it -- it wasn't an impressive shot by Tootoo.

That said -- Hasek was still incredible today, IMO. Some of the stops he made -- especially in the first period -- are the reason the Red Wings are up 2-0 in this series.

I am with you. Look at the save percentage in todays' game. Doms is better than Elliss' and 1.5 GAA is pretty damn good.

Hasek kept us in this game. Granted those were two crappy goals scored against us, but what can you do, those are playoffs. He can still do it you know.

I'd rather have every goal that goes past Dom be of the 'crappy' variety.

Because that means that the team isn't allowing good chances.

If Dom allows 3 bad goals every two games, and the Wings win the Cup, I don't give a s*** how bad the goals were.

Only reason the Wings won this game was because Hasek stood on his head in the 1st period..... Plain and simple.... The Pred's came out in the 1st running + gunning.... If Hasek did not make those saves in the 1st, the Wings would of been down by 2 or 3 goals early in the 1st and would be playing catch up (ketchup) the rest of the game.

I still think the Wings need to get to the front of the net on rebounds, we could of easily put this game away more than a few times; meaning they could of scored 6 more goals atleast.

Good game, a lot more pressure and flow in this game compared to the 1st game where I almost fell asleep.

Go Wings.....

nope. I do like Hasek but I simply am not blinded by the fact that Wings won

and see how he continues to journey outside the crease where he's by far

not the best performer. he's done it a number of times before and was

caught red handed another good number of times letting a goal which

should never have happened. and it looks like he simply doesn't learn

from this.

If you like Hasek, I'd honestly hate to see what you have to say about players you don't like. Furthermore, none of us are "blinded" by the Wings winning. Some us actually watch a game from start to finish.

And this whole "Dom got burned for wandering" argument is pure garbage. Every goalie in the league goes out to stop the puck behind the net on a dump-in. That isn't wandering. It was a bad bounce that went in front of the net. It happens. He'll be alright.

sure, I'm exaggerating about his play and his overall grade after this

game is really OK because he did wonders except for those 3 stupid

actions. especially stellar was the save against Zidlicky (I think it was

Zidlicky - in 3rd period, just a minute before Datsyuk rallied on Ellis on

the other side).

If you made this statement in your original post, there probably wouldn't be much to argue about, would there?

whatever.... call me a Hasek hater or whatever you wish. if that

makes you feel better....

Right on :thumbup: Anybody unhappy with Dom's play today would be unsatisfied by anything short of a shutout. And even then you'd find something to ***** about.

Edited by J-Swift

Haha, that's funny. He's been trying to ban-dodge in this for place months. What an idiot!

Just give him the perma-boot already: IP Ban. He's a jerk that does nothing but try to start crap, as was evidence in his latest returns here.

Never really paid attention to that guy.....biggest thing I remember is him sayin a threat to a Wings fan was a threat to himself ;)

Dumb actions? The first because he left the net to stop the dump-in? If that happens 100 more times, Dom (and virtually any other goaltender) will go behind the net to help out his defense 100 times. Was it a "bad" goal? Sure -- but it was a freak thing. I don't specifically pin that on Hasek because he's going back to help. s*** happens.

OK, I might be too hard on that. I'm usually picky when Dom leaves the net keeping

in mind some of his earlier lapses. but that was some sort of bad luck here. wouldn't

happen if he stayed where he's supposed rather than going out where every player

in this league knows Hasek sucks.

As for the 2nd goal -- that was a complete brainfart by Lilja playing a bouncing puck (glove? hello!). Hasek, however SHOULD have stopped it -- it wasn't an impressive shot by Tootoo.

I don't know about Lilja. it appeared to me like the puck jumped on

some ice surface scratch or whatever. but it's hard to judge on Sopcast

feed which lacks the detail of good tv

That said -- Hasek was still incredible today, IMO. Some of the stops he made -- especially in the first period -- are the reason the Red Wings are up 2-0 in this series.

I thinks so, too. I hope to see more of this Hasek in the rest of playoffs.

he's sharp when playing under pressure. he just needs to be kept in his

crease :)

And notice how they didn't even mention the first Nashville goal that resulted from a lucky bounce off the end boards. Jeeez.... Talk about one sided.

We simply outplayed them. Once again, we got some breaks and they got some but there is no doubt that the team that played better won the game. Instead of talking about that they want to dwell only on the breaks that we got.

At least CBC is showing some common sense.

About the first Preds goal

The Red Wings appeared in command but Nashville caught some breaks to get back in the game.

And also this quote:

The Predators managed just nine shots over the last half of the game, and it cost them as the Red Wings kept pressing.

That pretty well sums it up. No mention of Trotz and his wining because it doesn't matter. They got their butts kicked. period.