• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 4, Predators 2

Rate this topic

Datsyuk was absolutely fantastic this afternoon. His ability to handle the puck, and takeaway the puck at his will is just unbelievable. The way he can just get by groups of opponents, and still manage to come up with the puck is just sick!

Now that the Wings have won, I just thought I'd bump this because I'm betting a few people missed this hilarity.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was hoping somebody would, because that made my day when he posted it the 1st time. I wasn't sure if he was for real or not

Edited by SeeinRed

Apparently you only watched the first 3 minutes of the second period.

nope, I watched the entire game. yes, he was solid except for those

dumb actions and he deserves credit for what he's done through the

rest of the game.

the point is - he cost the Wings 2 dumb goals. on a team with potent

offense like Wings this fortunately didn't end up with a loss. but if

Dom played such game for a team with weak offense or against

a team which is more skilled and tougher mentally... we'd be going

to foreign barn with series tied 1-1 :(

this is 2 goals. in a tight action in a series against Sharks or Ducks

(if we advance and play any of those) that game would end up with

a loss if Hasek lets such 2 goals in. and that's my point.

seriously... ppl were all over Legace when he let a weak goal

against Oilers (if my memory serves me well - in game 6 back

in 2006). and that was only 1 bad goal. why should it be different

with Dom? he blows - let's call it by the name.

Edited by akustyk

I love Dom, but those goals were weak, he lost his focus for a while..that's all.

Second goal was kind of weaksauce. First goal, crazy bounce, what are ya gonna do? These things just sort of happen. And Hasek was stellar in the first, which more than makes up for it.

Guest LivingtheDream
:lol: :lol: :lol: I was hoping somebody would, because that made my day.

As suggested, I would love to add that to my sig, but wouldn't I be banned for something like that? Maybe block out the swear words?

I guess old DekeNShoot will be signing up under a new name soon. God help him if he is a school teacher.

outstanding game by the wings, great to go with done houseworks to nashville!

can someone tell my the title of the song right after the game? the text was somthing bout hockey...

Edited by swiss_redwingfan

Way to go Wings!!!!!!!!!!

Hasek was absolutely amazing tonight. He was so clutch, especially near the end when Nashville has a 6-4 advantage. What an excellent performance by the Dominator tonight!

The best thing about tonight, though was... McCarty scores! Who would have thought, eh? It really made me happy to see him come through like that. Same goes for Draper. It's always great when the grinders come through and put one in the back in the net like they both did today. Great job guys!

Now it's time to end this series next week. Two more wins, and it's onto Round 2! Finish 'em off!

Let's Go Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!

we heard you the other two times. We understand that nothing short of perfection is acceptable. He isn't going to get a shut out every game, and even if he did, someone would find something to ***** about, I swear.

Only in Detroit can a goalie WIN and still get trashed for it. Amazing. <_<

lol man you are taking it too far.

I do not ***** about Dom nor trash his performance. I love him, I am Czech, he won Olympics for us.

But those two goals were weak, other than that he was awesome.

How's that trashing?

Edited by Reds4Life

This had to be a deflating loss for Nashville. They looked really frustrated late in the game. The Wings looked flat early but cranked it up in the 2nd period. Great game by the top line and Hasek had a very good overall game. 2-0 series lead is very good news.

As suggested, I would love to add that to my sig, but wouldn't I be banned for something like that? Maybe block out the swear words?

I guess old DekeNShoot will be signing up under a new name soon. God help him if he is a school teacher.

Hahaha, please try to find a way to sig that, because it would make any thread with it instantly better.

Good victory. It's too bad about that first Nashville goal that should have counted, but I consider it to be even after the horrible diving call on Hasek and that fluky bounce. So far it looks like lady luck is on our side this year.

Hasek was awesome in the first, Nashville could have blown it wide open. Other than that, we played a good game all around, especially our defense. It was good to see us driving to the net a lot too.

Looking forward to game 4, I'm gonna have to miss game 3. Hopefully we can finish this off in Nashville.

Hilarity? I have been violated! :)

All I can say is wow. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where they were talking about guys honking their horns at beautiful women. "this is the best we have." THough yours is a little more vulgar.

Apparently you only watched the first 3 minutes of the second period.

LOL

Anyways yea!! Go Wings!!! I'm just hoping for at least 1 game won in Nashville. We have been up 2-0 before in past playoff series and vs the preds in the past and saw what happened so.. i really hope we can win game 3 and IMO game 3 is a must win! Course Dom was not here for those playoffs upsets in the first round in the past eh? Haha go Wings Go Dom! Take us to the promise land again! :clap:

seriously... ppl were all over Legace when he let a weak goal

against Oilers (if my memory serves me well - in game 6 back

in 2006). and that was only 1 bad goal. why should it be different

with Dom? he blows - let's call it by the name.

Because 1, Legace didn't just let in one weak goal, he let in one weak goal per game, and 2, Legace couldn't steal any saves the way Hasek did today.

I think you'll find you're completely, 100% alone in claiming Hasek blows.

But those two goals were weak, other than that he was awesome.

That first goal on Dom would've happened to anyone. No goalie is still in their net by the time the puck hits the boards on a dump-in. Tootoo's goal might've been stoppable, but it was a partial breakaway after a garbage play by Lilja. If those are the worst goals Hasek lets in all playoffs, we'll be okay.

My GOD people, will you LAY OFF Hasek? I didn't see the goals he let in due to work, but does it matter?? Goalies cannot be perfect!

Besides, from the parts of the game I DID see, Hasek played awesome! And we WON THE GAME.

Chill out and enjoy the victory! :banana:

Guest LivingtheDream
Seriously, it's really funny.

I know! I wonder, does the guy with the Marilyn Monroe avatar get hit on too? It's a picture people, a little dinky picture.

How do you like the new sig!