• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 4, Predators 2

Rate this topic

Loved it when Wings scored right after Nash tied it...I'm all for competition but Zanon's taunting postgoal was pretty annoying and classless, you wouldn't see Lidstrom doing that. That Ovechkin GW the other night got me pretty excited but I've gotta say that goal off Z's skate today was the most pumped I've been this season after the Wings looked ready to crumble. Screaming and expletives ensued.

BTW did this game not remind people exactly of the first game? The Preds were more physical and energetic but a number of similarities, other than the fluke goal off the glass Tootoo scores the only goal both through the legs with Dom looking similar on both falling backwards. Ellis giving up a million rebounds every shot and the Wings not capitalizing on many if any. The Holmstrom and Zetterberg goals in G. 2 and G. 1 respectively looked pretty damn similar from Ellis' perspective. Nashville falls behind, ties it, but ultimately loses. Let's hope for the same on Monday.

I'm all for competition but Zanon's taunting postgoal was pretty annoying and classless

Zanon got what was coming to him for opening his mouth.... Taunting Dom about a "5 hole" goal.... Chatter is part of the game..... but it tooks like he will think twice next time.

If you made this statement in your original post, there probably wouldn't be much to argue about, would there?

jesus... get real man! are you expecting me to beg for a permission to

write a critical word about Hasek on this forum? because if I don't Hasek

lovers will jump on me and demand explanation of every single word

or just assume my bad will in every case?

get some life. there are ppl who just care about Wings winning and there

are others who try to be more critical and look realistically what are our

chances to win the Cup this year. it's cool Wings play nice but so are

other Cup contenders and it's not the good about the teams that will

decide but actually the weaknesses. Hasek has weak points and if

he exposes them other teams will exploit this. and unlike the bandwagon

with red-glasses I actually see a problem here. that's my right.

I'm fine with how Wings played today and about the effort they put

to sustain Preds wild push and then get advantage in the game.

but I'd also like my team not to let the other team cut 2 goal deficit

in a dumb fashion. that's it

I have to give Mike Babcock a pat on the back. He called the timeout after that second goal, and his message was perfectly clear: Settle down, relax and get back into the game we know we can play. It worked. He could not have timed that timeout any better or more effectively.

Oh to be a goaltender in Detroit...I think most people see Dom as a MAJOR reasonwhy we won today, and I just don't see how anyone can disagree...

In the first he made HUGE saves on Dumont and Zidlicky among others and was VERY VERY sharp. His lateral movement on Arnott's golden chance late in the 2nd and his stoning of Zidlicky early in the 3rd (before we put the stranglehold on) were BIG TIME. If Zidlicky buries that (and it def. was a defensive miscue) the whole flow of the game could have changed and the suffocating pressure that we put on in the 3rd may be scuttled by their grinding defensive system. I see those two saves as absolute gamesavers.

This is Hasek people...he's lively, excitable and determined...I loved watching him get animated at the very end when the ref had his hand up to call Stuart....he's in the game. I love that passion, and I love that he was there for the Wings when our D was suspect. You know he enjoys it when he gets peppered and makes big stop after big stop. Thats what the first period was today. Even though he isn't what we once was, he still has that insane mental makeup that I think will prove valuable, and I know his teammates trust him even more after today.

:thumbup: Dom!!!

PS-the first goal cannot be blamed on Hasek AT ALL. It was a fluke bounce and every NHL goalie would have done the same thing. The second was somewhat weak, but nobody is perfect and Hasek more than made up for it today. Kudos again.

I'd rather have every goal that goes past Dom be of the 'crappy' variety.

Because that means that the team isn't allowing good chances.

If Dom allows 3 bad goals every two games, and the Wings win the Cup, I don't give a s*** how bad the goals were.

Exactly.

I expect you to back it up when you slam Hasek for what was an excellent performance. And please don't pretend like you merely offered some constructive criticism to Dom's game. Suggesting that maybe, from time to time, Hasek wanders out of his net too much would be an understandable assertion. But what you wrote was (and I quote):

seriously... ppl were all over Legace when he let a weak goal

against Oilers (if my memory serves me well - in game 6 back

in 2006). and that was only 1 bad goal. why should it be different

with Dom? he blows - let's call it by the name.

And in this one Hasek lover's opinion, Dom did not "blow" today. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I'm fine with how Wings played today and about the effort they put

to sustain Preds wild push and then get advantage in the game.

but I'd also like my team not to let the other team cut 2 goal deficit

in a dumb fashion. that's it

:lol: :lol:

WHAT A GAME!

Mac's goal ignited the crowd like no other. It was downright INSANE. So great to see him score. The Wings came out flynging. Banging, and hitt2ning. They definitely took charge in the physical department. AWESOMEEEEE!

Hasek was GREAT in the first and third period. Not so much the 2nd. lol

2-0 SERIES LEAD!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!

OH and Stewie is amazing.

How about it for the crowd today? Two playoff sellouts in a row (yes, I realise we've got a ways to go if this is still an issue) and they were very loud. The Ellll-iiisssss chants and 'Lets go Red Wings' came through especially loud and clear on NBC. Home ice advantage is back. Way to go!!! Even Pierre McGuire had to admit it in the third: "And that's why they call this Hockeytown!" :thumbup:

Edit: spelling

Edited by Third Man In

How about it for the crowd today? Two playoff sellouts in a row (yes, I realise we've got a ways to go if this is still an issue) and they were very loud. The Ellll-iiisssss chants and 'Lets go Red Wings' came through especially loud and clear on NBC. Home ice advantage is back. Way to go!!! Even Pierre McGuire had to admit it in the third: "And that's why they call this Hockeytown!" :thumbup:

Yes, just got back, this was my first playoff game that i went to and the atmosphere was crazy, i came in 10 minutes to gametime in a drunken daze, the chants were going good, people were cheering on everything the wings did, those 2 goals by shantyville were of the garbage variety and if that first fluke of a goal didnt bounce as it did the 2nd goal would have been non-existent. We were getting quality chances all game it could have ended 6-2 if not more. Man my nerves were at a high in the 3rd when we just had the 1goal lead but the insurance marker put me at ease. Babcock took a timeout at the perfect time and the Wings came back hard and ended with a well deserved win.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yak19

Was today's game a sell out?

Yes. The front page stories announcing this fact should be flooding that nation's sports pages any day now. Just like when they all wrote about how the Joe wasn't selling out last year and started holding polls to see who the next "hockeytown, USA" should be. Right?

:)

Guest Mac4Life25
Yes. The front page stories announcing this fact should be flooding that nation's sports pages any day now. Just like when they all wrote about how the Joe wasn't selling out last year and started holding polls to see who the next "hockeytown, USA" should be. Right?

:)

Yeah really!

Just got back from the game.... I love these comparisons between NASHVILLE AND DETROIT :lol:

HATs:

DSC02409.jpg

BATHROOMs:

DSC02413.jpg

MUSIC:

DSC02410.jpg

HOMEs:

DSC02412.jpg

and then just because it was ******* sweet:

DSC02516.jpg

Guest Mac4Life25
Just got back from the game.... I love these comparisons between NASHVILLE AND DETROIT :lol:

HATs:

DSC02409.jpg

BATHROOMs:

DSC02413.jpg

MUSIC:

DSC02410.jpg

HOMEs:

DSC02412.jpg

and then just because it was ******* sweet:

DSC02516.jpg

HAHAHAHA! :clap:

Duude, I'm happy to say that I was there and I got gooosebumps numerous times. The crowd just lost it when Mac scored, I'm soo happy I got to be there for that. There were a few points where it was pretty quiet, obviously after the "30 Seconds of Horror", but near the end, after the Homer goal when we kept carrying the play....it was amazing. I've never been to a playoff game, so I don't really have a reference point, but that game felt pretty special. I'm really hoping I can catch another game later on in the playoffs, because there is literally nothing like it.

My observations:

-Hasek looked damn good. I know alot of people were questioning why he came out of the net on the first goal, and say that he wanders too much. That may be true, but I think that he is doing what Dominik Hasek does and what Dominik Hasek has always done, which has made him one of the all-time greats. He made alot of big stops tonite because their were some defensive lapses no doubt.

-Toughness does not look like a problem with this team. Mac, Drake, Stuart, Kronwall, Lilja (he was trying to get Tootoo to go, but he's a huge *****). Homer had a few big hits, too. Also, you don't realize just how strong and hard to push off the puck both Dats and Z are until you see it in person, love it.

-Hudler is a real ***** out there and I think that its a worthwhile contribution for this team.

-Nik Lidstrom is perfection

-Samuelson is a good third liner but still TERRIBLE on the 2nd PP point (like we didn't know that already).

-Draper is playing like he's 25 again

-Cleary is playing well and I'm just waiting for him to get an ugly won and hopefully catch fire

-Flip needs something to give him some confidence. Dats (?) set him up with a gapingly wide open net and he missed. He really needs something to get him going.

-Rafalski was still not as good as we needed him to be, but a lot better than Game 1.

-Holmstrom was skating really well tonite, like better than I can remember

-Lilja had the "Lilja-esque" bobble that cost us a goal, but he is a real good guy to have out there, no question about whether it should be him or Lebda.

-And, oh ya, simple but brilliant little piece of coaching by Babs tonite when he called that timeout. They scored two quickies and then were carrying the play for a full shift. Babs settled them down and then we scored shortly after. Loved it.

I realize I'm probably just repeating things that have been said a million times in this GDT, but I'm on such a Wings-high rite now I just need to spout it out.

All in all GREAT game, GREAT experience. GO WINGS!

I realize I'm probably just repeating things that have been said a million times in this GDT, but I'm on such a Wings-high rite now I just need to spout it out.

All in all GREAT game, GREAT experience. GO WINGS!

THanks for the summary! I had to miss the game so I taped it, avoided news to watch it, and somehow only taped the first period! Mac's goal was sweet!

Glad you had fun at the game. Nothing in the world like a playoff game at the Joe. :)

Anyone else notice on Osgod's post that they put the pictures on the wrong side of the scoreboard? :lol:

Oh well, it's the thought that counts

Well at first they had the states pictured... in the colors... but i just snapped the final contrast so you knew. Why Detroit was BLUE idk