• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
swansoccer13

Hasek..

Rate this topic

I wonder what you guys would say about Dom if those posts in game 2 and 3, would have gone in. 3 goals in less then 2 minutes, both times! Its just sad to see the Posts bailing us out. Wings all around need to get better, yes even Hasek. I expect a very strong effort from our defensive end for game 4. I mean this is the Nashville Predators, our defense is not gonna get easier then this.

Question time.

What's the point of carrying Dom's creaky carcass all season long if the defense has to be perfect in order to prevent goals against? Isn't that what having 'The Dominator' around is for?

/rhetorical

Question time..is hockey a team sport?

I wonder what you guys would say about Dom if those posts in game 2 and 3, would have gone in. 3 goals in less then 2 minutes, both times! Its just sad to see the Posts bailing us out. Wings all around need to get better, yes even Hasek. I expect a very strong effort from our defensive end for game 4. I mean this is the Nashville Predators, our defense is not gonna get easier then this.

That's the thing that struck me too. I wouldn't have been shocked if either a) they pulled him right then or b) they scored another quick goal after that and then pulled him.

Totally agree that the team needs to get better, specifically the D, but Dom absolutely has a whole lot of room for improvement. This isn't rocket science. And I'm betting Lebda will be in the lineup in the next game...

Question time.

What's the point of carrying Dom's creaky carcass all season long if the defense has to be perfect in order to prevent goals against? Isn't that what having 'The Dominator' around is for?

/rhetorical

Stop making sense. I mean, obviously the goalie can never be faulted especially if there's a defensive breakdown. What's the point of a goalie then people??? He's the last man standing and we have "The Dominator" so when we do have these defensive problems (that every team has from time to time...) we've got the best chance at saving a goal. It'd be nice for once if the fans would expect a little more out of both of our goalies. It's the theme of 2008. It's never the goalies fault.

News flash: Osgood and Hasek are paid to stop the puck whether the defense breaks down or not. That's their job. Neither of them have done a tremendous job of that in 2008 when our defense has lacked and all you guys do is apologize for them. Try watching some of the goalies on other teams and see the crap they have to deal with all game long and the seemingly massive number of shots compared to the shots we allow. One more time, to be frank, our goaltending, Hasek or Osgood, simply needs to be better than "average" if we're going anywhere. Sure, the D sucked and it doesn't help, but every players a part of the puzzle and the goaltending hasn't been there either.

gcom007, I have been completly agreeing with your posts through this whole thread. People make it seem like it isn't the goalies job to save shots. Those who love Hasek, will only criticize those who criticize his play, not adressing the real issue at hand. He didn't have a great game last night, we all know that, but only a few are able to admit it, others think its their job to protect him. I have never hated on Dom, but we need him to step it up if we wanna have a chance for the cup, its as simple as that. We allow the fewest shots in the NHL, so its not like Dom is getting murdered out there. The defense needs to pick it up as well, but I and the rest of you all know, they wil step up, they are too good not too. I hope and believe Hasek can show up for game 4 and play like the Dominator. But 3 times allowing 2 for 1 goals soo quickly, is not domination...on both defense and Hasek! This deal has happened many times this season, so its gotta stop. And guess who im mainly looking at too address that problem....Hasek! Because we all know, one big save, can make all the diffrence!

I know we as Wings fans are nutjobs when talking about goalies, which is why I talk about them as little as possible, and I know this will fly over everybody's head, but solely putting this loss on Hasek is ridiculous.

Arnott's shot if I'm not mistaken was off the crossbar/post and in, or damned close to it. It was a near perfectly placed slapshot that probably wasn't going to be stopped unless the goaltender was bearhugging the post. Hasek probably could've had the 3rd but there was some screening/traffic here and there.

If not for Hasek at times the Wings could easily be down 2-1 this series. Honestly the only bad one I think he gave up was goal #3 last night.

We can yell at him Saturday afternoon for the 1st goal OMG HASEK STAY IN NET YOU DORK! but nobody was anticipating that puck taking a weird bounce in front of the net. It has defiintely happened before but Hasek wasn't and shouldn't change his game to worry about that. I would tell him to do the same thing in that scenario 100 out of 100 times. If you were anticpating that the puck was going to knuckleball back to the front of the net like that, I want you to predict that I will win the lottery or go on a date with Jessica Biel because these three things are full of crap obviously.

Hasek is far from done, I think for the most part he's been very solid, it's way too early to pull the plug on him. I'm very comfy with Osgood if needed, who wouldn't be after how he played this season, but until Hasek plays downright terrible in a game I don't want any changes.

He hasn't played downright terrible, not even close.

Ok is everyone still bashing Dom about the Arnott Goal?? Wow.. guys he slapped a very nice shot from the face off circle and it went right over his shoulder and went in. It was a very nice and wicked shot which was also perfectly placed! The shot blared by Dom's face and right over his shoulder for petes sakes! Then it hit the crossbar and went in!!! I would like to see any goalie save that shot... unless it's Giguere or Luongo who have overly big equipment and the shot hits them by luck. Wich in Gigueres case his should pads and chest protector are so big he might have saved it lol.

History is currently being re-written to show that Hasek is "the reason" why the Wings are up in this Series, 2-1. This, despite the fact that he's given up crap goals in all three Games. And the fact that his vaunted "bounce-backability" has been sorely challenged, as he's given up "quickies" in every Game, as well: Two goals in eleven seconds to tie it up.... Two goals in two minutes to tie it up, followed by two goals in nine seconds to LOSE.

For every goaltender who's ever tended goal in Detroit, (see CuJo, Legace, Osgood) it has ALWAYS been said that it didn't matter HOW many GREAT saves they made, if they were gonna turn around and give up a SH!T goal when their Team needed them most, and "at the WORST possible time."

Every goaltender, that is, except one.....

Nobody will dare say it, though. There are even "humble bloggers" who feel that Dom is not the least bit responsible, no way, for throwing Game 3 down the toilet with 3 minutes left.

Heaven's forfend anyone should bruise Doms delicate ego.

I don't see how anyone can fault the defense for the last 2 goals, especially the 3rd goal. That was a very stoppable shot, and if I'm not mistaken, our defense had them bottled up prior to that for quite some time and the arena was quiter than a golf course.

For us to win the Cup Hasek will have to stand on his head at times. The sad thing is that last night wasn't even one of those times, because he gave up bad goals, and not point blank shots that no goalie in the world can stop. If he can't stop those easy shots, this team isn't getting out of the first round, as we found out with Legace in 2006.

Ok is everyone still bashing Dom about the Arnott Goal?? Wow.. guys he slapped a very nice shot from the face off circle and it went right over his shoulder and went in. It was a very nice and wicked shot which was also perfectly placed! The shot blared by Dom's face and right over his shoulder for petes sakes! Then it hit the crossbar and went in!!! I would like to see any goalie save that shot... unless it's Giguere or Luongo who have overly big equipment and the shot hits them by luck. Wich in Gigueres case his should pads and chest protector are so big he might have saved it lol.

And while you defend him, stating that nobody but Giguere or Luongo could possibly save it "by luck" and big equipment....

The man HIMSELF is clearly frustrated and while stating that it was definitely a good shot, he can't seem to fathom how he missed it, either.

History is currently being re-written to show that Hasek is "the reason" why the Wings are up in this Series, 2-1. This, despite the fact that he's given up crap goals in all three Games. And the fact that his vaunted "bounce-backability" has been sorely challenged, as he's given up "quickies" in every Game, as well: Two goals in eleven seconds to tie it up.... Two goals in two minutes to tie it up, followed by two goals in nine seconds to LOSE.

For every goaltender who's ever tended goal in Detroit, (see CuJo, Legace, Osgood) it has ALWAYS been said that it didn't matter HOW many GREAT saves they made, if they were gonna turn around and give up a SH!T goal when their Team needed them most, and "at the WORST possible time."

Every goaltender, that is, except one.....

Nobody will dare say it, though. There are even "humble bloggers" who feel that Dom is not the least bit responsible, no way, for throwing Game 3 down the toilet with 3 minutes left.

Heaven's forfend anyone should bruise Doms delicate ego.

You haven't been around here much lately than.

A lot of people have wanted Dominik Hasek canned this season...

:rolleyes:

For as HIGH as everyone talks Hasek up, throwing out how he was the best goalie in the NHL in the second half, and against playoff teams, how he has stole however many games it was and this and that, I would have guessed you would have a better answer than :rolleyes:

He's a damn good goalie, I EXPECT him, being Dominik Hasek, to make those saves on the 3rd and 4th goal, which he could have had both (the fourth one was from a couple feet in front of the blue line, come on, good shot or not he has to stop that) and should have.

I guess I find it funny that how everyone that loves Hasek will state every single PERSONAL accolade he has attained but then fall back on isn't hockey a team game or it's not his fault. Well, then throw every single personal accolade he has won in the trash. Because the team won them. Not him.

He has brain farts like he has the past two games better teams are going to eat him up.

You haven't been around here much lately than.

A lot of people have wanted Dominik Hasek canned this season...

I'm referring mostly to the Detroit area Press, I shouldn't have to name names. The coddling is disgusting, at times. It's also evident in Management and Coaching.

As for the fans....?

Dom could let in 5 goals in 6 shots, including one rolled in on him from the red line, and some here, (and on other Wings boards, as well), would find a way to blame "shoddy defense".

Red Wings > Hasek or Ozzie,

Ozzie is better....wahhhhh

Hasek doesnt play well enough...wahhhh

how about everyone stfu and let the coach make the decisions about who starts in net. If babs deems ozzie fit to be in net instead of Hasek, it will come.

I'm referring mostly to the Detroit area Press, I shouldn't have to name names. The coddling is disgusting, at times. It's also evident in Management and Coaching.

As for the fans....?

Dom could let in 5 goals in 6 shots, including one rolled in on him from the red line, and some here, (and on other Wings boards, as well), would find a way to blame "shoddy defense".

True, but far, FAR more would want his head grilled in a barbeque.

Me I'm more of a middle man who has never understood the obnoxious over-obession on goaltenders here.

how about everyone stfu and let the coach make the decisions about who starts in net. If babs deems ozzie fit to be in net instead of Hasek, it will come.

:clap:

Of course....

Just as in 2006. Right?

Of course....

Just as in 2006. Right?

when I see you on the wings payroll as a 3 time 50 game winning coach behind the bench of an NHL team I will take your judgement into account, but until then you are nothing more than an armchair coach with an opinion posting on an internet forum.

Carry on

As for the fans....?

What's sad is that this is pretty accurate. Although I did read somewhere today where someone was questioning how a .907 in the playoffs is acceptable on a team that's leading the series and given that Detroit really doesn't give up a lot of shots. Again, if you don't get how tough it is on other goalies, go watch some of the other games. They face adversity all game long and look at their sv%'s. The winning goalies and even many of the losing goalies have far better sv.%'s than Dom's. It's pretty early to fall to .907...

And again, I'm not saying he's been total s*** at all. He hasn't. But I don't think he's been great for a second and I'm sick of the countless excuses for him. If he's going to start over a goalie who blatantly outplayed him all year long based on his reputation, he better live up to it and he simply is not. Again, if you think he is, go watch some other teams and watch their goalies. There's just no comparison. None at all. And go on and make excuses, but don't be shocked or upset when we get lit up in the 2nd round.

Now the last time I checked, this is a discussion board

Well, the way I see it, is that both are old (Common noww, admit it) And yeahh, we have to wait until next year for Dom to retire or something. I Mean, Ozzi could be the veteran goalie and Jimmy could be the No 1. He has to start some where, no?

Now the last time I checked, this is a discussion board

Yeah last time I checked it was too. Last time I also checked, someone can use the search function and find one of the billions of other threads about goalie discussion.

One can also find plenty of other threads where the whiners after one loss can be concentrated together so they can whine about whichever player they want.

I'll even make it easier: Here is a link

Here

so its a sin to make a new thread for a goalie debate

well strike me down god!

people love to complain and ***** to the minority who have an issue with the team. I did not know it was soooooo hard to avoid a thread, which states "HASEK..."! How about we track all the threads that talk about Lilja, or Lebda, or Sammy, or Ozzie, so we don't have to make a new one! You know, because that makes amazing sense! Hate the topic, DO NOT GO TO IT, now thats why I do. It really works for me!

I hate goaltenders thanks to this place. All of them. I'd rather see 6 skaters and an empty net with game scores like a basketball game just so I wouldn't have to read about goalie controversies. F**k goaltenders. They all suck. They're just the guys who couldn't skate well enough to be forwards or defensemen.

:ph34r:

I hate goaltenders thanks to this place. All of them. I'd rather see 6 skaters and an empty net with game scores like a basketball game just so I wouldn't have to read about goalie controversies. F**k goaltenders. They all suck. They're just the guys who couldn't skate well enough to be forwards or defensemen.

:ph34r:

niceeeeee resounding claps from me

so its a sin to make a new thread for a goalie debate

well strike me down god!

people love to complain and ***** to the minority who have an issue with the team. I did not know it was soooooo hard to avoid a thread, which states "HASEK..."! How about we track all the threads that talk about Lilja, or Lebda, or Sammy, or Ozzie, so we don't have to make a new one! You know, because that makes amazing sense! Hate the topic, DO NOT GO TO IT, now thats why I do. It really works for me!

It's nothing against you or anyone on here, I hate policing threads, and never do. But my god this discussion about goalies is most ridiculous over discussed piece of steaming s*** I have ever witnessed on any board.

I'm thinking I would rather read mindless wing bashing on the preds and ducks forums than read the debate between goalies here. You know goalie debate can be civil, like it is on the caps forums when Huet came in and just stole Kolzig's job. It's just on here there are two wings of such thick skulls arguing both sides that it numbs the mind.