• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 6 GDT: Red Wings 3, Predators 0

Rate this topic

I loved how composed the Wings were in game 5. I hope to see more of that today.

One change I would like to see is a better balance between shots and scoring chances. The Preds defense did do I hell of a job forcing the Wings to take shots Ellis could stop last time though. Hopefully the Pred leave more openings today and the Wings take advantage.

I feel good about this one. No predictions

GO WINGS!!!!

Also

Go Flames

Go Stars

Edited by tweekvp

Hopefully, the Wings worked on the power play and finishing all those scoring chances so they don't spend the afternoon beating Ellis half to death with 40 or 50 "oh, no, almost, OMG, what a chance!!! dammit, he missed!!!" SOG. :lol:

Game 5 featured: tight defense which limited Nashville's scoring opportunities (ex: 16 SOG in regulation vs 15 SOG in the first period in GM 2), great positioning by the players, so no deflected goals on our goalie -- which was a nice change, no odd man rushes, no 2 on 1 breakaways, no turnovers which created chances for Nashville, and the Wings cleared the puck from in front of the crease. It was like a different team showed up, and thank goodness. Except for the fact that they couldn't bury the chances, that was a Red Wings effort.

If they play the same game today they played on Friday, we finish Nashville today. If they play like they did in previous games, I'm not so certain about that.

NBC and CI both show the game on the schedule, no pre-emption listed, but that doesn't mean anything, I guess. We shall see!

Yep. We shall see.

Guest Jeremy88

Heart says wings win 2-1

Brain says preds win 3-2 in OT

must.....kill......brain

Detroit needs to close it out today. Come out strong, play a full 60 minutes, and silence the crowd. Leave no doubts.

Let's go Red Wings!

Edited by Nero

I want to know when my boy Dan Cleary is gonna score. <_< I almost had a heart attack last game when he had a short handed breakaway. It was like deja vu all over again.

Wings 3-1 (Cleary, Sammy, The Nickidge) :siren:

I don't like these 3-2, 2-1 predictions! Those are nerve wrecking in playoffs(last game for example), and I sure don't want to have that happen today of all games. Big lead early please, 6-2! wings

Edited by Kween78

Not going to make a prediction except to say that I hope the Preds have been practicing their golf swings because they will be using them very soon.

Sidenote - Anyone know if the game will be on justintv or any non-sopcast site?

There is a direct feed on this page:

http://www3.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid...amp;part=sports

last chance to see some team from nashville before they go golfin '

Honta Yo Baby!

Edited by zombiewing

The last three years Nashville has faced elinination at home, and each time they've really played sub-par. I don't think Ellis will be nearly as sharp tonight.

Wings 4 (Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Cleary, McCarty)

Preds 2 (Radulov, Weber)

Today, we're looking at a 4-2 Wings victory. Cleary scores an e.n. goal after a heart stopping flurry of saves from Ozzie! This one won't be for the weak hearted! I have to give props to my cousin, who is on the Nashville city council. He voted for a package that should keep the team around for a while. Whether you agree or disagree that NHL teams should have infiltrated the deep south or not, the Preds have been a sucess in Nashville, much more so than Carolina, or the Florida Panthers. They don't deserve to have their team plucked and moved to southern Ontario or the west.

Here's to a continued rivalry with the Preds!