• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 6 GDT: Red Wings 3, Predators 0

Rate this topic

Well there were a few tense moments *cough* OT in game 5 *cough* but it all worked out well. The Preds (and their fans) brought plenty of playoff intensity and it was great to see the Wings respond in Games 5 and 6. While the series lasted longer then some of us would have liked I was really glad that Nashville forced us to switch to Ozzie as I felt he should have been the starter all along based on his superior regular season form.

We've successfully passed the first hurdle, and now it's on to round two!

P.S. Props to the Preds fans for being civil; I've a feeling it's gonna get a little nastier agains our next opponents (either the goons from Cowtown or Floppa and his Dives)

Tootoo would be a great third liner, maybe a 2nd with some development. He's an agitator, he hits, and he can produce some pointage. If he wasn't so ugly I might like him as a wing.

Heck, you never know....if he played well enough you might be able to overlook it!

:lol:

Great series, particularly the way you guys played at home. Ellis really stood on his head for you. That is great for me to see after watching him for two years with our local Iowa Stars AHL team. He deserves all the praise he has received, nice kid. I look forward to battles in the future. Peace!

Also, wasn't he a UNO Mustang? The Preds have a couple of Omaha boys - Ellis and Zanon.

Are you an Ankeny Hawk, btw?

Our defense has just been dominant in the past two games. Great to see Ozzie keep up the solid play. Can't wait for round 2.

I've gained a lot of respect for Ellis in this series. Not only has he played great but I've noticed a bunch of little things he's done that show his sportsmanship. Every time a Wings' player ended up down in the crease when the whistle blew, he'd give them a tap on the pants with his stick. I remember him doing it to Drake today when Ellis had it covered and Drake skated up looking for a rebound. It's just cool to see because it doesn't happen often in today's game. I might be the only one who even noticed but I wanted to mention it. I thought it was also funny how he and Lidstrom had a chuckle at the goal while shaking hands.

what a great game i was gonna come in during gameplay but me and the guys started our second round of our nhl playoffs and went out and enjoyed some bbq.

First i damn near knocked over my tray of chips and salsa when lids scored that shorty from center ice. (shades of 2002). Then going up 2 zip really seemed to put that "nail" in the coffin to the nash fans. Ozzie getting the goose egg what a perfect way to end the preds. Now the question on my mind is whos next, i still think the flamers will knock of the sharks and if so it looks like it will be flames, but if we get the av ill be very excited, seeing i have friends who are Av fans. (i know its like a redsox fan being friends with a yanks fan)

*heres to a great round 2*

Go wIngs

Guest drwings1

YEAH!!! ive been waiting all day to post here, had to be out with my family and gf for a while. that first goal was amazing!! even though it was flukey, it wasnt the first time coming from lidstrom, so we gotta give him credit where its due. i about s*** my pants and knocked over my dads flatscreen when it happened, the whole house erupted in jubilation. the way we played today, and games 1 and 2, i am very confident in our boys.

LETS GO REDWINGS!!!!!! :siren::siren:

why was stuart shaking hands with his left hand after the game?

kinda odd if u ask me, i hope he's fine...

Did you miss the last few weeks of the season that he was sitting out due to a broken finger? He's got it taped to another finger and is playing through the healing process. All bets are off for the playoffs.

Nichol broke his thumb in game 1, had surgery and came back several weeks early to play in game 6.

A couple years ago Henrik Sedin fractured the end of his finger towards the end of the regular season and rather than sit out the rest of the season/playoffs to let it heal he had the end of his finger amputated so he could play only a couple days later.

I didn't read through the entire thread but did it ever come out what was really wrong with Arnott. I'm betting on broken ribs from the celebration in game 3. Just curious if anyone was enlightened with the info.

Did you miss the last few weeks of the season that he was sitting out due to a broken finger? He's got it taped to another finger and is playing through the healing process. All bets are off for the playoffs.

Nichol broke his thumb in game 1, had surgery and came back several weeks early to play in game 6.

A couple years ago Henrik Sedin fractured the end of his finger towards the end of the regular season and rather than sit out the rest of the season/playoffs to let it heal he had the end of his finger amputated so he could play only a couple days later.

Is this true?

Anyone know who gave Tootoo the shot in the nose today? I've searched pages and i'm too tired to look anymore. :)

Rattleoff.... he got excited when Ellis let in the stinker and started bashing some heads... TooToo was in the way!

Go Rattleoff... destroying your team... one celebration at a time LMAO! series MVP right there!

After all the s*** Ozzie has taken over the years, this would be great vindication for him to win another Cup 10 years after winning his first as a starter. Nothing on Dom. Dom's still the man. Just gotta ride the hot hand.