• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
clayjoh

Will Dallas do our dirty work?

Rate this topic

If Dallas is good enough to beat Anaheim and San Jose, they're good enough to beat the Wings.

At the very least, good enough to not be push-overs.

Detroit is a wickedly talented team. We've got a wickedly deep team with chemistry that is clicking.

I agree, anyone dismissing either side is not scouting the opposition with eyes open.

I've been hoping for the Stars b/c they play a similar game to us, I think we match up better against them.

I also like how this year's PO's have worked out regarding travel. Nashville, Col, and hopefully Dallas. THis is much better for the Wings than going out to the west coast to play. There have been some PO's where we were out there from round 1, I feel it has an effect on the team considering it's 3 time zones away.

I hope it's Dallas for a couple reasons, plus Turco isn't always the greatest in the PO's. He could loose his mojo aginst us.

I've been hoping for the Stars b/c they play a similar game to us, I think we match up better against them.

I also like how this year's PO's have worked out regarding travel. Nashville, Col, and hopefully Dallas. THis is much better for the Wings than going out to the west coast to play. There have been some PO's where we were out there from round 1, I feel it has an effect on the team considering it's 3 time zones away.

I hope it's Dallas for a couple reasons, plus Turco isn't always the greatest in the PO's. He could loose his mojo aginst us.

I've been hoping for Detroit because....

Detroit has shown they are the team to beat most of the season (I've tried to explain our March burp, what happened to Detroit in February?). If we're going to the finals, the only proper way to do it is by going through Detroit. We've also matched up pretty poorly against Detroit for a good bit of recent history. If we are going to be a serious team in this league, we must demonstrate that we've gotten over our hang-ups on the ice with your Wings.

Edited by scottDFW

Why not he has been working hard all playoffs and he is a hitting machine.

OH Wait, nvm.

How does the saying go, a series doesn't start until one team loses at home, well what happens when one team loses both at home and hasn't even seen the other team's barn yet?

I really like the Stars. They've always reminded me of the Wings somewhat in their play, and just being a classy team.

Can they beat the Sharks? Absolutely. I picked a Wings/Stars conference finals before the playoffs began and I'm hoping it turns out that way.

That being said, if the Wings and Stars both advance, Dallas is NOT to be taken lightly at all.

I think the Wings have demonstrated repeatedly that there is not a single team out there that should be taken lightly (look at their regular season record against divisional opponents who couldn't buy a playoff spot).

I think Turco is the X-factor here. Turco has a history of playing very well in the shark tank, so I don't find the two wins in San Jose very surprising. On the other side of that coin is that Turco has never won a game at the Joe. If those things continue to hold true, Dallas beats San Jose and we beat Dallas.

HEY! WTF????? Dallas leads the series 1-0, the Wings are leading 2-0, BUT NOTHING IS OVER!

Who the hell is already looking at the 3rd round???????

Hey wtf yourself! Dallas and Detroit both are leading their series right now. And your right nothing is over, but holy s*** man, you cant possibly think of next week today! Give me a break. Dont jump peoples s*** for thinking about next round.

Hey wtf yourself! Dallas and Detroit both are leading their series right now. And your right nothing is over, but holy s*** man, you cant possibly think of next week today! Give me a break. Dont jump peoples s*** for thinking about next round.

Just for clarification....

We are allowed to start thinking next round. The players are not allowed. They should be concentrating on winning 2 more games before thinking about the 3rd round. :)

Just for clarification....

We are allowed to start thinking next round. The players are not allowed. They should be concentrating on winning 2 more games before thinking about the 3rd round. :)

Thats what I was trying to say. I am so tired of people getting all over everyones s*** on here for thinking about the next round. people are a bunch of control freaks on here! lol.

dallas and Pittsburgh are the only two teams left in the playoffs that scare the s*** out of me as far as teams that can beat the wings go.

they both play extremely strong offensive games and have been really solid on D as well as of late. their goalies are no slouches either.

that being said, turco COULD single handedly throw that series one way or the other. i think the wings/stars are pretty damn even. BUT turco has been s***, for lack of a better term, against the wings. this is not to say the past has ANYTHING to do with the present but it does mean that all those losses will be in the back of his mind.

i'd love to see a dallas/detroit series though!

game on.

PEACE!

Edited by sergei_is_still_a_wing

turco COULD single handedly throw that series one way or the other. i think the wings/sharks are pretty damn even. BUT turco has been s***, for lack of a better term, against the wings. this is not to say the past has ANYTHING to do with the present but it does mean that all those losses will be in the back of his mind.

game on.

PEACE!

Yes, as often happens in the playoffs, a goalie's performance can decide who advances. Luckily, we have a great backup in Ozzie and his numbers are even better than Turco's. Altho, numbers may not mean much considering Budaj has the best playoff save percentage and his team is down 2-0 to us...

Anyway, I'm not afraid of Dallas and would like to see them play each other. It would be a great series.

dallas and Pittsburgh are the only two teams left in the playoffs that scare the s*** out of me as far as teams that can beat the wings go.

they both play extremely strong offensive games and have been really solid on D as well as of late. their goalies are no slouches either.

that being said, turco COULD single handedly throw that series one way or the other. i think the wings/sharks are pretty damn even. BUT turco has been s***, for lack of a better term, against the wings. this is not to say the past has ANYTHING to do with the present but it does mean that all those losses will be in the back of his mind.

game on.

PEACE!

yeah like Turco could have single handidly won some games agaisnt Wings in past season. :lol:

I understand Wings shouldn't get overconfident but at the same time we don't need to give too much respect to an opponent so that he becomes a monster even before the fight begins.

If Dallas is good enough to beat Anaheim and San Jose, they're good enough to beat the Wings.

Not really. It's all about matchups, and I think we match up better against Dallas, even though they matchup better against San Jose and Anaheim than we do.

Does anyone else out in cyberspace wonder if Dallas might knock off both the Ducks and Sharks and be nicely softened up for us for round 3 after two more physical series than we appear to be embroiled in?

Pretty soon the talking heads on TSN and other stations may have to give the WIngs some credit and explain why the "sure thing " Ducks and Sharks aren't continuing on in the playoffs

Also who have been our best Conn Smythe candidates and who need to pick up their game now?

I say Kronwall and Frantzen as our best players so far and sadly Rafalski has not looked too comfortable out there for some reason and Fillpula seems to be walking/skating on eggs out there

All the Sammy bashers will probably dispute this but Sammy has reasonable defensive responsibilities and puck possession skills he just hasn't done too much offensively yet.

Maybe he's waiting for more important games to shine Flame away !

If Dallas beats the Sharks I don't see it as them doing us a favor. The way the Sharks are playing I'd prefer to play them over the Stars.

Every game will get harder and if the Wings are going to win the Cup it'll be because we outworked the other team and we didn't have as many injuries. That's basically how every team over the past 10 years has won.

If the Stars finish the Sharks off they won't be an easy task as I'm sure the Eastern champ won't be either.

But who knows? The Habs had a relatively easy road to the Cup in '93. Everything seemed to fall into their lap. Hopefully the Wings have the same luck this year.

I don't know if any of you guys have actually watched the first two games of the series but for the most part, San Jose has been dominant against the Stars. Which is why when everyone says "we play similar styles of the game, but we do it better" it kinda makes ya think... San Jose has dominated most of the play, yet Dallas capitalizes on their chances and has beaten them for the 2-0 series lead. Hell, even last night, that was NOT a 5-2 games. Nabokov looked horrible and Dallas just showed how they have some snipers on their team.

While I would much rather play Dallas for the simple facts that

1. I hate Wilson, and I'm so sick of the media swinging from San Jose's you know what, that I'd love for them to flop in the playoffs again

2. We play a very similar style of game as Dallas. The one thing that scares me, and it proved it last year, was having to play big bodied teams who love to throw the body around. It wore us out last year and we didn't have the gas to finish.

3. We've had Dallas' number in the past.

HOWEVER, number 3 is just like every other stupid stat. Its totally irrelevant now that we're in the playoffs. Just like if we take a 3-0 series lead... yea, the past has proven hardly any team will come back from that, but it doesnt mean it wont happen. We might have had Dallas' number and made Turco look stupid, but IF we play them it won't be the same team we've faced in the past.

Dallas looks great, and while they've mostly been outplayed by San Jose, they have a lot of scoring threats, plus Turco's been outstanding. It would be an absolute amazing series I can guarantee you of that.

Here's to a Wings/Pens Stanley Cup Finals!

This seems relevant to this thread.

http://communities.canada.com/ottawacitize...-the-stars.aspx

That describes the feeling a lot of us who watch the Stars every game are getting.

Surprising to see that story come out of Ottawa.

It's Mick Jagger, not Mike. Jeepers!

And I'm really not too overly worried about the Stars. Maybe I should be. But why worry. They're a great team, but I do think that Turco will once again choke against the Wings, at least at the Joe. Also, in the regular season we beat them 3 games to 1 and although they are playing at a higher level now, so are the Wings.

And I'm really not too overly worried about the Stars. Maybe I should be. But why worry. They're a great team, but I do think that Turco will once again choke against the Wings, at least at the Joe. Also, in the regular season we beat them 3 games to 1 and although they are playing at a higher level now, so are the Wings.

Here is to finding out in a couple weeks! Cheers.

omg Dallas might actually do it!

I'd be a little scared of them if I were Detroit.

Detroit should be cautious of any team they play, but they shouldn't be afraid. What is Dallas doing? They beat an undisciplined, non-offensive club in Anaheim, and they're beating San Jose, perennial second round choker with no finishers.

I'm not trying to diminish their accomplishments, just putting it in perspective.

Detroit beat an inexperienced but feisty Nashville and hopes to beat the Avalanche, one of the hottest teams the last half of the season and in the playoffs, but that suffers from injuries.

I think what this spells is that there are a lot of unknowns. If Detroit and Dallas go up against each other I think it will be the first time both will be healthy and not playing a depleted and/or inexperienced opponent.

It truly would be a battle of epic proportions, and the league would really need a Detroit-Dallas finals.

I'm rooting for Detroit of course, but Dallas wouldn't just roll over.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's beat Colorado first.

Detroit should be cautious of any team they play, but they shouldn't be afraid. What is Dallas doing? They beat an undisciplined, non-offensive club in Anaheim, and they're beating San Jose, perennial second round choker with no finishers.

I'm not trying to diminish their accomplishments, just putting it in perspective.

Detroit beat an inexperienced but feisty Nashville and hopes to beat the Avalanche, one of the hottest teams the last half of the season and in the playoffs, but that suffers from injuries.

I think what this spells is that there are a lot of unknowns. If Detroit and Dallas go up against each other I think it will be the first time both will be healthy and not playing a depleted and/or inexperienced opponent.

It truly would be a battle of epic proportions, and the league would really need a Detroit-Dallas finals.

I'm rooting for Detroit of course, but Dallas wouldn't just roll over.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's beat Colorado first.

It's all coming to pass according to our evil master plan boys !!!!