• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedLightGoesOn

WCF: Detroit vs. Dallas

Rate this topic

Wings in 5 or 6. Rested but not rusted Wings will romp at the Joe and then take at least one game at the AAC. The Stars may have better players than the Preds and Avs but the overall team concept of the Wings will win out in the end.

Go Wings!!!!!!!

:siren::siren::siren:

What.ever.dude. Sammy will take out ankles and feet. After 12 minutes of ice time of our boy Samuelsson, Dallas will be all gimping around the ice. :D

shh. He is our secret weapon. no one is safe...

So what your trying to tell me is that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every 80 years?

- Seriously... I hope hope Sammy starts to come to form.... It is a little upsetting seeing him just fling the shot at the nect and it is either (1) blocked (2) misses the net) or (3) the goalie does not move and it hits him

I know I am so god damn tired of Sammy fore checking and leading to another Mule goal, that gets so god damned annoying!

7 points in 10 games what an asshat I really wish this guy would do something that could help the team.

/sarcasm

Some of you need to stop bashing players just so you can bash someone!

Oh and wings in 6

Edited by Opie

I know I am so god damn tired of Sammy fore checking and leading to another Mule goal, that gets so god damned annoying!

7 points in 10 games what an asshat I really wish this guy would do something that could help the team.

/sarcasm

Some of you need to stop bashing players just so you can bash someone!

Oh and wings in 6

sammy has turned it up a notch, and it is nice to see.

he has always been a streaky scorer, and he is streaking at the right time.

he just looks more comfortable on this line right now.

wings in six, after a turco meltdown where he looks like he wants to cry in a fetal position, being hugged by modano

Edited by zombiewing

Damn right about Sammy. Kept watching and waiting for him to suck. Nope, not this time. He's played pretty well. Even put shots on net, forechecked well, fed Franzen properly. Got to give the man credit.

Lilja on the other hand. *Sigh*

Dallas is physical too. Check out these hit stats from ESPN:

Game 1 - 4/25 Dallas: 27 San: 31 Dallas won 3-2 in OT

Game 2 - 4/27 Dalllas: 21 San: 39 Dallas won 5-2

Game 3 - 4/29 Dallas: 41 San: 43 Dallas won 2-1 in OT

Game 4 - 4/30 Dallas: 34 San: 16 San Jose won 2-1

Game 5 - 5/2 Dallas: 26 San Jose: 44 San Jose won 3-2

Game 6 - 5/4 Dallas: 88 San Jose: 54 Dallas won 2-1 in 4 OT

Total hits for Dallas: 237

Total hits for San Jose: 227

When Dallas wants to play physical, they can. The trick for the Wings will be keeping them from playing physical and duping the Stars into a puck possession game, where we'll own them.

yea, I'm sick of all these hockey analysts talking about physical teams like SJ and ANA being able to dominate the smaller teams like Det and Dal. What it comes down to a lot of the time is skill. SJ players have an average of something like 10 pounds per player more than DAL, but where did that get them? Both DET and DAL can play physical games when they have to, but in this series I doubt there will be an exorbitant amount of hitting, as players will definetly concentrate more on scoring goals. An interesting note about the amounts of hits recorded in that series: the team with the most hits in a game won 2 and lost 4.

I wanted the Stars, because typically we do own them. However, they've been playing amazing and Marty Turco has looked great. Hopefully he hasn't fixed his JLA problems yet.

Once Homer and Mule get infront of him, he'll be another victim

My early prediction:

Melrose chooses Stars in 6 because they "have the best remaining goalie in the playoffs".

well that proves that Melrose has officially lost his mind.

The Stars are a great team - Brad Richards has been one of the biggest contributors to their success in the playoffs. However, they aren't a great team against Detroit.

Turco hasn't won a game in Detroit. Ozzie alone has a great record against the Stars, and the only loss to the Stars this season was 0-1 with our replacement goalie Howard.

Sure they have strong defense, but we're comparing Dallas defense to the strongest defense in the league. Ozzie may not stand on his head as much as Turco does, but a goalie shouldn't have to anyway... he made some great saves in Colorado and got the job done. If Dallas has to rely on Turco as it seems like they will with their rookie defenders, it'll be over in 5 or less.

Remember, both teams are hot right now - not just Dallas ;) The Wings aren't going to treat this as a sunday picnic either. Detroit is Turco's kryptonite, just as the Central division was our Achilles Heel this year.

If I'm not mistaken we were 15-5 against Pacific Division this year... Wings in 5.

I just went over to browse at the Stars forums, and boy was that worth it. One of the posters there said the Red Wings would lose because of players like Helm, Kopecky, Hartigan, and Meech. Not kidding. Then he/she/it went on to say that Hartigan played every game in the Colorado series. Well, at least I got a good laugh for the day. :D

Edited by GoWings1905

I just went over to browse at the Stars forums, and boy was that worth it. One of the posters there said the Red Wings would lose because of players like Helm, Kopecky, Hartigan, and Meech. Not kidding. Then he/she/it went on to say that Hartigan played every game in the Colorado series. Well, at least I got a good laugh for the day. :D

Homer Gomers... we've all got them. I could point out just as humorous posts in this very thread.

If you really wanna see insane, you should read the Sharks forum this morning over at thefeeder.com.

I don't know if this was posted before (did read through all the posts) but this series is starting to sound like the 3rd round series last year with the Wings and the Duck. People did not think Detroit would make it out the 1st and 2nd round and they made to the 3rd round, and said that the Ducks had it easy in the first two rounds. We all know how that ended up. I'm not saying that the exact same thing will happen this year but I just thought it was interesting that same thing stated last year about the 2 teams in the 3rd round are being stated this year. I'm just looking forward to an action pack series with a wing for the Wings.

Just Interesting facts thus far:

GAA: Dallas has a lower GAA

Goals for: Wings have 3 more goals albeit in a few less games

Shots: Det averages nearly 40 shots a game!

PIM Dif.: Dallas has taken 32 less minutes in penalties compared to Detroits 20 less PIM than their opp.

Datsyuk and Filppula both have 0 PIM

Pavs is making 1 of 5 shots, while Mule is making 1 of 4 shots, conversely, hank is making 1 out of every 8 shots.

+/- Wings have 5 of the top 6 +/- leaders with Filppula only 1 +/- away from making it 6 of the top 7 (Zata, Pavs, Lids, Raphael, Franzenstienmulealator)

i personally think the Wings can and WILL take this series BUT:

why are so many of you so sure Marty Turco is just going to stink up the place? he made what, 61 saves last game!? thats incredible. hes been playing incredible.

i really dunno what to expect...