• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedLightGoesOn

WCF: Detroit vs. Dallas

Rate this topic

Wings in 6. Dallas plays Detroit's game, Detroit just does it better :)

My thoughts exactly!

It should be a great series, but Wings with 7 days off between games and Stars fully rested after game6, I fear game 1 will be a gimme for them <_<

Wings in 6. Dallas plays Detroit's game, Detroit just does it better :)

No they don't. Dallas is about defence.

We can beat em but they are the only team in the NHL which can give the Wings a run.

No. 1 Detroit Red Wings vs. No. 5 Dallas Stars

Thursday, May 8 -- Dallas at Detroit

Saturday, May 10 -- Dallas at Detroit

Monday, May 12 -- Detroit at Dallas

Wednesday, May 14 -- Detroit at Dallas

*-Saturday, May 17 -- Dallas at Detroit

*-Monday, May 19 -- Detroit at Dallas

*-Wednesday, May 21 -- Dallas at Detroit

*-if necc

NHL to release times late Monday.

The Preds and Avs were nothing... especially the Avs. The playoffs start NOW.

very true.. Dallas has already proven they can take down two really talented teams i don't want to take anything away from the wings victories or preds and AVS but we all know Dallas has had a MUCH tougher road to this point then the wings. And hopefully they don't take both game 1 and 2 like they did in the first 2 rounds.. DET needs AT LEAST a split at home in the first two games to have a reasonable chance against this Dallas team in my opinion. But the way that DET plays at home i think they have a excellent shot at taking both games 1 and 2

Edited by Duck Guy

Aaaargh, no chance for me to take an 8-hour drive up to the Dallas area over the weekend. Ah well, probably better I don't anyway, flew up to Detroit for game 2 of the Avs round and it cost me a fair amount. I'm just glad all the start times, in all likelihood, shouldn't be anything past 8:00 my time, and still no back-to-back nights either. Honestly, we couldn't have asked for much better opponents in terms of location scheduling. Two central time zone teams, only one trip/two games out west for late starts, no back-to-backers.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Awesome! That fits around my shift pattern almost perfectly I will be able to watch almost everyone of those games (although staying up for game4 will cause some chuntering by Mrs Nev, and assuming the weekend games are matinees)

Game 7 is worst of all - its the same night as the UEFA Champions League final - I'm not sure my nerves can take 2 huge games back-to-back :scared:

No they don't. Dallas is about defence.

We can beat em but they are the only team in the NHL which can give the Wings a run.

We're significantly better defensively than Dallas is. And Dallas finished #2 behind us as far as goal differential with a +33 to our +73.

Dallas is a poor-man's version of the Wings. Much like Zubov is a poor-man's version of Lidstrom.

very true.. Dallas has already proven they can take down two really talented teams i don't want to take anything away from the wings victories or preds and AVS but we all know Dallas has had a MUCH tougher road to this point then the wings. And hopefully they don't take both game 1 and 2 like they did in the first 2 rounds.. DET needs AT LEAST a split at home in the first two games to have a reasonable chance against this Dallas team in my opinion. But the way that DET plays at home i think they have a excellent shot at taking both games 1 and 2

Wings won't drop a game at home. Dallas needs to avoid a split in their barn like the plague to stretch it beyond 5.

Guest DetroitBoy313
I say Wings in 5

I see several BOLD predictions of Wings in 5 which kind of surprises me .I think Dallas is a HUGE test.Turco has soo much to prove,ESPECIALLY against he Wings.I don't know about this round I won't be making any predictions.

Edited by DetroitBoy313

why the 4 day wait until there is hockey again?!?!?!?!?!?!

I thought it would start wednesday at the LATEST...ARRRGH Ken angry... :ranting:

In the Wings vs Avs series, game 7 would have been this Wednesday. The NHL schedules the start of the next series after the scheduled game 7 of the previous series. Most likely if the Wings had gone to game 7 and won, their series would have started on Friday instead of the Pens vs Flyers.

Dallas has had a much tougher path to get to this point. After a 7-period game last night they have to be tired - even with the time off. Today is shot for that team after their early morning victory and still having to travel to Detroit; I can't say today is much of a rest day for them. Here's hoping it hinders them somewhat against the Wings.

I have to say Wings in 5 - just because I have game 5 tickets and want to be there for the deciding win that brings them to the SCF!