102 replies to this topic

#41 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,162 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

There is no silver lining to this.

Wings should just forget this game ever happened and focus on the next game.

That's what I'm going to do. (After I egg someone's house.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#42 WiNgSowN

WiNgSowN

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:58 PM

REGARDLESS of the outcome of the game in a game of this magnitude the Western Conference Finals the best officials should be out there obviously Mr.O'Dallas is not up to par to handle that kind of game everyone should have been able to allow that goal unless they are 1)Blind 2)Mentally retarded or 3)Favoritism to one team or the other

#43 TheWestWing

TheWestWing

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

Fire Rafalski first - he's Lazy and He Sucks!

#44 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,884 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Never Forget Mac #25 @ May 14, 2008 - 11:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not going to get too worked up about tonights game. I'm not happy about it, but hopefully McCreary can ref Saturday's game and life will be good.

AMEN MAC! My thoughts exactly.

#NOMOREKINDL

#45 tweekvp

tweekvp

^ A True Great ^

• Silver Booster
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:02 PM

The NHL needs to take away the refs ability to call off the goal.

They already have the process in place for review. Use this process to make sure you get the call right every time. It's called progress and the NHL should look into it.

For anyone who says this would cause to much down time I call BS on that. It would add suspense even when no action is going on the ice. It works for the NFL and it would work for the NHL.

Thats right it's Rollerderby.

#46 Doggy

Doggy

Meanwhile...

• HoF Booster
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

Why is the question should he be fired? But the title about resignation?
Rough as guts.

#47 imisssergei

imisssergei

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

This is my biggest problem with the call.

From the NHL rulebook, rule 69.1

"In all cases in which an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease, and whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a penalty (minor or major, as the Referee deems appropriate). In all cases where the infraction being imposed is to the attacking player for hindering the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely in his goal crease, the penalty to be assessed is for goalkeeper interference."

So if it was goaltender interference, by rule Homer should have gotten a minor penalty. It's pretty black and white here.
When nothing is going right, go left.

#48 Yemack

Yemack

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 845 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (imisssergei @ May 14, 2008 - 11:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"In all cases in which an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease, and whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a penalty (minor or major, as the Referee deems appropriate). In all cases where the infraction being imposed is to the attacking player for hindering the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely in his goal crease, the penalty to be assessed is for goalkeeper interference."

So if it was goaltender interference, by rule Homer should have gotten a minor penalty. It's pretty black and white here.

yeah just like when they said they allowed a goal in PHI - WAS game because goalie was outside of the crease.
We acquire the strength we have overcome.

#49 Packer487

Packer487

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Nero @ May 14, 2008 - 09:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes.
It was also O'Halloran who allowed the goal in the Western Conference Finals where Hasek was pushed into the net against Anaheim.

That was Game 2 wasn't it? O'Halloran wasn't the ref for that game. It was Pollack and Schick.

He also didn't do the game where the puck hit the netting against SJ as someone mentioned earlier. Still an idiot, but he doesn't get "credit" for those.

It is nice that the league finally realized that you can't just push the goalie into the net with the puck and have it count....

Edited by Packer487, 14 May 2008 - 10:18 PM.

#50 gordie_howe

gordie_howe

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

Looks like Holmstrom got caught for not doing what he does all the time.

I find it ironic.

Wings didn't play to close this out.

Period.

#51 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (gordie_howe @ May 14, 2008 - 10:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like Holmstrom got caught for not doing what he does all the time.

I find it ironic.

Period.

Gordie, I totally agree with you, we were running around waaaaaaay to much the 1st, and I thought that with the penalties we simply could not get our game going. We all know that you must get to Turco early or he get better as the game goes on (kinda like Patty Roy), we put 5 shot on him in the first, not good enough when you have a chance to eliminate someone!! Like I said earlier, we MUST win game 5 or were in DEEP TROUBLE!!

#52 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (gordie_howe @ May 14, 2008 - 11:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Period.

Yup. Dallas had great momentum right away and was able to keep it going all game.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#53 tommingthepuck96

tommingthepuck96

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:31 PM

Who was the ref who called off lidstroms goal in the same situation with homer in front of the net clearly out of the crease back against anahiem in the regular season?

Edited by tommingthepuck96, 14 May 2008 - 10:32 PM.

#54 Doggy

Doggy

Meanwhile...

• HoF Booster
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (imisssergei @ May 14, 2008 - 10:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. It's pretty common knowledge that goalie interference can be called without a minor being given. I'm not looking it up but it is the case.
Rough as guts.

#55 Sevumar

Sevumar

Rookie

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (tommingthepuck96 @ May 14, 2008 - 11:31PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who was the ref who called off lidstroms goal in the same situation with homer in front of the net clearly out of the crease back against anahiem in the regular season?

This is the guy.

#56 tommingthepuck96

tommingthepuck96

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Sevumar @ May 14, 2008 - 08:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the guy.

The regular season game with like a minute left? I think it was Sun Feb 10, 2008 in detroit?

Wow if it was the same ref... somethings gotta be done.

#57 Redwingsfan18

Redwingsfan18

Enemies, then teammates, now enemies again for the next 12 years

• Silver Booster
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:45 PM

Hey...I'm as mad as anyone but let's stop whining about the refs. We got on all the Stars fans' asses for whining about the officiating and now we're doing the same. The stat that matters says we're up 3-1 in the series with two home games to their one. I still like our chances better then theirs.
In Kenny I trust.

#58 Sevumar

Sevumar

Rookie

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (tommingthepuck96 @ May 14, 2008 - 11:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The regular season game with like a minute left? I think it was Sun Feb 10, 2008 in detroit?

Wow if it was the same ref... somethings gotta be done.

Game summary confirms it:

http://www.nhl.com/s...08/GS020845.HTM

#59 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ May 14, 2008 - 09:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have more evil intentions in mind than that.

Remember "A Clockwork Orange"? hehe.gif

You want to rape him?!

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#60 tommingthepuck96

tommingthepuck96

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Redwingsfan18 @ May 14, 2008 - 08:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey...I'm as mad as anyone but let's stop whining about the refs. We got on all the Stars fans' asses for whining about the officiating and now we're doing the same. The stat that matters says we're up 3-1 in the series with two home games to their one. I still like our chances better then theirs.

Actualley i never said anything to the stars fans, just saying the refs are blowing calls, obviousley its on both sides. Maybe in the reg season its ok, but in the conference finals these guys should be at home watching the game and studying for the day they get the honor to officiate a playoff game.