• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SouthernWingsFan

Would you consider the season a disappointment?

Rate this topic

Would you consider the season a disappointment if the Wings didn't win the Cup  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, discuss away.

I wish I could select multiple options, b/c I think it would be very disappointing if they bowed out early, but another part of me is just happy and proud to see them make it this far.

Definitely do not be fully content that they are here, but 28 other teams almost never make it this far for plenty of seasons. It takes a lot of work to get this far, and while I know expectations of this team are sky high more often than not, again I think we should at least recognize and be happy they've made it this far, with hopefully 4 more wins to come.

I took the last option. I mean I would be dissapointed, yes. But at the same time we finished first in the NHL we have made it the the SCF....it has been a great season. Adding the cup will just make it greater ;)

Depends how they lose.

I don't mind losing to good teams.

That said, I would consider this season a disappointment if they don't beat Pittsburgh because Detroit is the better team.

Cup or bust. :champs:

Yep same for me. I just want to see Bettman's poster child face a real team with a real defense. Kind of like Tiger Woods is to the PGA (like the guy and respect him) but the media can't come up with a statement unless Woods is in it. So looking forward to this series.

I'm glad we made it this far, I really am, but I want that Cup. The entire season won't be a disappointment because so many players have developed....but still. I want to win. ESPECIALLY against the Pens.

the Pens are going to be INSANELY difficult to beat, so while i would be dissapointed in a loss, i still think it's been a great season

if we lose the final then the season is a failure

we can go 82-0 in regular season go all the way to the cup 12-0 and lose in a game 7 if you dont bring home the cup to me its a failure

if the wings go into the finals playing 100% and lose. then no.

but if we don't play the same game we've been playing these playoffs. then it is a terrible disappointment.

if both teams play 100% and we lose. then i'm okay with that.

I'm with WingsForever. As long as the effort is there, I'm never disappointed in the team, even if the results aren't what we--and they--would like.

It is so hard to get this far in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. So much can go wrong (injuries, bad breaks, bad calls, hot opposition goaltending, etc.) that we should all feel incredibly fortunate and incredibly proud of this team for making the Cup Finals. Yes, we all want to see the Wings win the Cup, and we'll all be disappointed if they don't. But would that make the season or the team a disappointment? No way.

Yes.

This team is, ostensibly, built to win the Cup year in and year out.

Correct. The Red Wings organization is built around a Cup or failure philosophy. Therefore, whenever the Red Wings finish the year without winning the cup then the season is a failure.

I wouldn't be disappointed with my Wings if they didn't win the cup. I wouldn't be as happy if they didn't, but I think that anyone that sees a season like the one we've had and are still disappointed are nothing but fair-weather/bandwagon fans.