• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tazzer82

Malone wants players to "get their elbows and sticks up"

Rate this topic

I don't think BGL would violate the code and go after a guy giving up around 60lbs and 4 inches. You're more likely to see Malone or Ruutu even Roberts if he's playing police the big hits. I just hope if he does get challenged by one of those guys he doesn't do what Hatcher did with BGL and not back it up. If you're gonna play that kind of game back it up.

I know Kronwall won't square up to Georges, but I figured it was pretty widely acknowledged that GL wouldn't go after a guy that size anyway.

You might want to check that "Hooked on Phonics" site out yourself as you obviously didn't comprehend what I was saying either. :P

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I know Kronwall won't square up to Georges, but I figured it was pretty widely acknowledged that GL wouldn't go after a guy that size anyway.

You might want to check that "Hooked on Phonics" site out yourself as you obviously didn't comprehend what I was saying either. :P

I'm on volume 5 :blush:

Sidenote: That was the funniest sh*t I've seen so far in this years playoffs. All of a sudden Malkin just winds up from like 20 feet and lets it rip! It was kind of like, "who the f*ck thinks of doing something like that at that range?"

Kudos to him for burying it, though.

:lol:

In regards to that last sentence, that's not entirely correct. True, the Wings won't play dirty but Kronwall, Drake and probably Stuart are going to level Malkin and others throughout the series. The Wings won't adjust their play for the Penguins, but they will *continue* to hit others like they have all postseason.

Shhhh. Keep a lid on it. So far the fact that our hitting game is greatly improved and still under the radar and underrated has been to our advantage. We heavily outhit a Dallas team that was supposed to push us around.

In my opinion it's not Kron they should really be looking out for it's Drake. Kron's open ice hits are great but it's the bonecrushing hits along the boards that Drake has been delivering that are leaving guys wondering what day it is.

I think a lot of people do not realize how strong Malkin is on his skates.

It's a moot point; if you get Kronwalled, you, by definition, will go flying because you're being caught completely off-guard.

But if we're going to talk about being surprisingly strong on your skates, I suggest taking a look at a man by the name of Pavel Datsyuk. ;)

Edited by Dabura

Ovechkin can't hit? News to me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2NJipsmFMA

Oh he can hit, but it looks like in that Malkin hit he kinda missed. Kudos to Malkin maybe. But he is a decent sized guy, wouldn't be surprised that he's strong on his skates. But I also don't think Kronner would go bouncing off of him, especially if Malkin's head is down...

Shhhh. Keep a lid on it. So far the fact that our hitting game is greatly improved and still under the radar and underrated has been to our advantage. We heavily outhit a Dallas team that was supposed to push us around.

In my opinion it's not Kron they should really be looking out for it's Drake. Kron's open ice hits are great but it's the bonecrushing hits along the boards that Drake has been delivering that are leaving guys wondering what day it is.

If 50% of 100% of our guys hit 110% like Drake, we can't lose.

Oh he can hit, but it looks like in that Malkin hit he kinda missed. Kudos to Malkin maybe. But he is a decent sized guy, wouldn't be surprised that he's strong on his skates. But I also don't think Kronner would go bouncing off of him, especially if Malkin's head is down...

Do you think this will be a physical series? Or a fast paced talent show?

hahahaha it was Ovechkin ...geez..if thats what you are going on malkin is in store for bad series. it was a glancing blow not really a body on body.

Doesn't the fact that it was Ovechkin make it more impressive? :unsure:

He's a pretty good hitter.

Malkin was messed up mentally from Philly... Imagine after Kronner gives him a how do you do?!

Edited by OsGOD

Do you think this will be a physical series? Or a fast paced talent show?

Don't know if you were asking me specifically, but IMO its not going be much of a bruiser. Sure there are going to be hits flying at times, but neither of our teams will benifit playing the physical side more than the skill side.. so they won't do it. I expect it to get a bit chippy though, esp. if malkin and or crosby are getting hit hard consistantly like I expect they will be.

Edited by DYags

Guest micah

I love Kronwall's borderline, Stevens-esque hits.

I loathe his cowardice when it comes to accepting the consequences that are supposed to some with being a borderline hitter. Scott Stevens was awesome because he could hit and fight and score. Anyone remember the time he picked a fight with Probie? (no, it wasn't the other way around) stevens had balls of steel. He fought Behn Wilson, He fought Dave Brown. He wasn't a great fighter and it was not his reason for existing, but he was a truly fearless hockey player. He would have fought Laraque if the game weren't on the line (heck, he fought Brashear in his last season IIRC) - he wouldn't have won, but he wouldn't have cared. That kind of toughness and heart is missing from today's game.

Kronwall is not fit to hold Scott Steven's jock. Kronwall will retire a footnote in hockey history, Stevens retired a legend.