• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

MULE REPORT: Franzen Cleared to Practice

Rate this topic

Good news on two fronts. We'll need Franzen back at some point to win the series. One line isn't going to cut it against the Penguins. Not only that, the second power play unit gets a huge boost with Mule back as well.

I'm happy for Cleary. I know that cage had to be affecting his game. I'm going to remember all the people on here that gave Cleary a hard time saying the injury wasn't an excuse.

Edited by GoWings1905

I'm really excited about Franzen (the logical part of me wasn't expecting to see him back this season), but that news about Cleary losing the chin guard is equally good. I swear, that had to be screwing up his game because he just didn't seem like the same player out there with it.

Cleary back to where he was? Franzen just plain BACK?

We're in good shape, people.

Good to hear!! If he is truly doing everything that he would do in a game, that is awesome!

Hopefully he hasn't lost too much of his touch, but another big body in front of the net will prove very useful even if he doesn't score the goals.

Glad Cleary is able to remove the guard. I think it has affected his play a little and we should see more production from him.

Go Wings!!

Fantastic news! I'm glad we're going to be able to take on the Pens with Mule back and with Cleary able to play to his potential. Someone mentioned before that the chin guard seemed to inhibit his ability to see the puck down low near his skates. I'd have to imagine going from playing with that thing on, to playing unrestricted has gotta be like moving from a black n white tv to a high def flat screen ;)

I'm so excited for Saturday now - I've got a GREAT feeling about these playoffs.

Show no mercy - Leave no doubt! :champs:

Good news all around!

We can't expect (but we can hope!) that Mule will pick up right where he left off, but he should still be dangerous enough to create the serious matchup problems the Avs faced.

Cleary should get a big boost, even if it's mental, from playing without the guard. I don't think he'll be his old self until he has a chance in the off season to put on the muscle he lost earlier, but I'll take it. Go get 'em Dano!

And congrats Drapes! Probably gonna matchup at times with Crosby, so a few days with a newborn crying daughter ought to prepare him well for game one :lol:

This, this is booze-worthy. :beerbuddy:

100% the most accurate and appropriate post of the day!!!

So glad my office keeps beer in the fridge!!!

Babcock seems to be hinting Franzen has a foot injury of some sort. He used to be quicker. Anyway, I hope he'll dress for the game one even if he's just 90%.

Normally, I would agree but this isn't playing through the pain of a foot or hand injury. If there's a concussion you absolutely need to be 100% or atleast guaranteed that playing without being 100% won't possibly harm you down the road.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Good news all around!

We can't expect (but we can hope!) that Mule will pick up right where he left off, but he should still be dangerous enough to create the serious matchup problems the Avs faced.

Cleary should get a big boost, even if it's mental, from playing without the guard. I don't think he'll be his old self until he has a chance in the off season to put on the muscle he lost earlier, but I'll take it. Go get 'em Dano!

And congrats Drapes! Probably gonna matchup at times with Crosby, so a few days with a newborn crying daughter ought to prepare him well for game one :lol:

:lol: that's funny.

great news about both. i'm hoping this means cleary's game goes up just a notch or two...what i'm really hoping for is one big game (a 2 goal and/or 3 point night) out of him. i don't expect him to get a point per game this series, but one huge night (hopefully a night when ZDH is being contained/not playing their game) could make a huge difference this series.

oh, god, i'm just thinking back to the days about halfway through this season when everyone was just ragging on franzen like there was no tomorrow. i wish i could compile all the posts from GDTs and other franzen-hating threads when he wasn't scoring. now his coming back is like christ's second coming.

if franzen and cleary start playing well, we're going to have a hell of a lineup. go wings!

This really is the best news since game 6 of the WCF. We've all been concerned for a couple weeks now. I guess we won't know the full details until after the playoffs end, but that "blood clot" report sure seems bogus right about now.

Normally, I would agree but this isn't playing through the pain of a foot or hand injury. If there's a concussion you absolutely need to be 100% or atleast guaranteed that playing without being 100% won't possibly harm you down the road.

I don't know, according to my calculations, Franzen at 90% is as good as Malkin at 100% :)