• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 4, Penguins 0

Rate this topic

I'm just gonna come out and say it: That blown call is worse than the one in the Stars series. Why? Because this is the goddamn finals. This is supposed to be the league's big dance, it's mass-market exposure series, it's cash-cow. And you make a s*** call like that in front of the biggest audience of the year?

^ THIS.

I'm not one for the referee's swallowing their whistles, but if you're going to waive off a goal you had better be damn sure there's an infraction there.

Just what Babcock said in Game 4 of the WCF -- don't make things up. It's ridiculous and I'm sure the Wings' front office is going apes*** right now.

All things considered it was a good period for Detroit -- just the fact that it's 0-0 after spending half the period shorthanded one some chincy calls and one GOAL.

It's amazing the bulls*** that's been going on for Holmstrom. Absolutely amazing. I did like Babcock's "So, tell me what you ******* saw" when he motioned the referee over.

*waits for referee response*

*Babcock laughs*

That's what he was saying/ That's great. Unbelievable.

I will say this, 5 on 5 Detroit is totally in control of the game. It's a beautiful thing. That's the difference that Pitt hasn't ever seen yet. I think if that keeps up, Detroit should be alright.

There is no conspiracy. The only call that I think was really botched was the homer influenced goal dissalowment.

Other then that the Wings just played kind of undisciplined.

Its no conspiracy. Refs especially Ohallarhan have a huge bias to call homer on interference.

It's amazing the bulls*** that's been going on for Holmstrom. Absolutely amazing. I did like Babcock's "So, tell me what you ******* saw" when he motioned the referee over.

*waits for referee response*

*Babcock laughs*

Wonder if Babcock will get fined for that one. :lol:

But he's totally right. O'Halloran is making calls on what he THINKS MAY HAVE HAPPENED IN FRONT OF THE NET. Thus, he's making assumptions. Not judgment calls, but ASSUMPTIONS.

I can accept that sometimes, judgment calls are made and they may be questionable...but this one is just a case of O'Halloran making up s*** in his own head, simply because a goal was scored AND Holmstrom was in front of Fleury.

Nah, they should just paint Homer's skates blue, because apparently he's always in the crease.

Just a phantom blue zone around him at all times. If he's on the ice, it's goalie interference.

I just hope the Wings can get over this bulls*** officiating because I sure as hell can't!!

I need some positive mental vibes right now, please Wings score the first (technically second) goal of the game!!

I was thinking the exact same thing.

That should say something in itself.

We'll just have to see what the refs come up with this period. How are they going to screw the Wings over this time?

Other then that the Wings just played kind of undisciplined.

Bulls***. The Lidstrom call was weak -- those plays going into the boards happens 50 times a game.

How about the no-call when Drake (?) was tripped at center ice? That led to a Pittsburgh rush. How about the rough in the near corner in the offensive zone?

Nah, they should just paint Homer's skates blue, because apparently he's always in the crease.

I found the applicable rule.

1.5 Lines - Eleven feet (11') from each end of the rink and in the center of a red line two inches (2") wide drawn completely across the width of the ice and continued vertically up the side of the boards, regulation goal posts and nets shall be set in such a manner as to remain stationary during the progress of a game.

The red line, two inches (2'') wide, between the goal posts on the

ice and extended completely across the rink, shall be known as the

“GOAL LINE.”

In front of each goal, a “GOAL CREASE” area shall be marked by a red line two inches (2'') in width. In the event the Detroit Red Wings are playing, the crease shall be defined as a circle with radius three feet (3') from Tomas Holmstrom's skates.

a big NO

It depends if you think the refs are trying to do what they can to allow Pitt to win the game. If you think the refs are going to help Pitt win the cup, then yes it would have been made no matter who was there.

or maybe his ass. apparently that is enough to call back goals too