• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hiei

SCF Game 2 GDT: Red Wings 3, Penguins 0

Rate this topic

By my count there are, at minimum, 8 periods until we hoist the Cup. I think a trip to the store is in order.

oh yeah, if this trend does indeed continue with at least 1 per period, I will definitely be re-stocking... its coors light btw

I'm on the HF Boars as Wingsfan734 trying to talk civily over there and they dont' like me. I was asking what they thought the Pens could do to get something going and they told me to go away. Frustrating for them, so I understand. Not trying to start a war or troll...but when they give answers like "get shots on goal" or "wake up crosby and Malkin", that means nothing. Those players are trying, they're just being manhandled by the smothering defense.

It is truly special that the Wings gave up 0 shots on goal when at even strength. Unbelievable.

This is so special to watch, guys...seriously. I don't know if we'll ever see the Wings play this well ever again. SERIOUSLY.

They played this well in the 1997, 1998, and 2002 NHL seasons. Especially in the finals.

They are missing their chances. The Wings aren't. How many times are they going to miss the puck when they get a close in chance?

The Wings are collapsing on the goaltender when the Pens get the puck near the net. More sticks and bodies that the puck has to go through. The Pens aren't. If they'd have swarmed the net, Homer's goal never happens.

There, I just figured out the Pens problem and nullified what I said before. Only thing is, it doesn't help them score the three goals they'll need to win this game.

An Excellent first. VERY pleased by the overall effort.

Reffing = meh. Interesting hook on Malkin call. Technically it was a hook, but if that is how they're going to call it, they missed a HUGE amount of them during the rest of the period.

Go WINGS!! Two more awesome periods like that and we'll be good to go!

QFT on the effort.

As for the reffing, it was very good IMHO. As a Wings fan, they could have called more though. As a hockey fan, they called that period very well. :)

oh yeah, if this trend does indeed continue with at least 1 per period, I will definitely be re-stocking... its coors light btw

Your efforts do not go unappreciated :D

I have my own superstition going for now, but at risk of breaking it I won't reveal what it is til the series is over.

Off to watch the second.