• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hank Dats 'N Homer

Shanahan

Rate this topic

Going by what he said in an interview after the season ended, Shanny said he will think about if he wants to play again. He said he still feels he can contribute to a team in winning games, and he's right there. The problem is, he was overused by Renney on the PK and PP so by mid-season, he was worn out. I love Shanny too, but the truth is, he's taking up a roster spot for a younger guy. I'd love for him to take on role of assistant coach.

Edited by TrueBlueblood

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying he's lacking fire and passion. I'd say more so that his body can't handle being the power forward he once was with St. Louis and Detroit.

Well, I view the two as being closely related. So I agree, more or less.

I love Shanny but I don't think I want him back, not as a player anyway. The Wings have moved forward quite well since he left and Stevie retired. I think we are poised for success for at least a few more years. Bringing Shanny back would be looking to the past rather than the future.

Besides, he sold his house in Birmingham and plunked down $17 million for a penthouse in NYC last year, and his wife's family is not too far away in Boston. Seems to me like he wants to stay there, even if he retires from playing.

I love Shanny but I don't think I want him back, not as a player anyway. The Wings have moved forward quite well since he left and Stevie retired. I think we are poised for success for at least a few more years. Bringing Shanny back would be looking to the past rather than the future.

Besides, he sold his house in Birmingham and plunked down $17 million for a penthouse in NYC last year, and his wife's family is not too far away in Boston. Seems to me like he wants to stay there, even if he retires from playing.

17mil for a penthouse........hope it didn't have a crane attached to it! :blink:

I remember the Wings did want him to return and had offered him $4mil but he took the $4mil with NY instead and split. He was my favorite player over the yrs.....but I don't think he would ever come back and I don't think the Wings want him back.

Edited by Lookout14

Shanny was and still is one of my favorite players, he is not the power forward that he used to be, but thats not what this team needs anyway.

I don't even know that I think Sergei's contract would fit with this team.

I disagree however with the idea that Stevie's departure was a good thing, like Cheli has done, he dropped salary and minutes to play an important role. [Note: Cheli has blown some plays in the playoffs, but he was definitely helpful for the last few seasons, and Stevie Y never was a liability, period.]

Brendan hasn't been the same player since his collision with Knuble and subsequent concussion in February 2007. He has slowed down and he doesn't take the body the way he used to. He was on the better powerplay unit this season for the Rangers and considering the Rangers had no powerplay, that's saying a lot. Brendan also seemed to lose his shot at the end of this season

Brendan Shanahan was the smartest player on ice most nights at Madison Square for the two seasons he was with NYR. He was great on the PK and was always defensively responsible with the puck. He provided leadership and was, in fact, the defacto Captain. Jagr as captain was a waste of space.

I revere Brendan Shanahan. He is my favorite player of all time. I was overjoyed when he came to the Rangers. I don't want Brendan to taint his legacy. He should retire, become Commisioner, and kick that stupid little jerk Bettman in the ass and out the door on to 6th Ave.

PS I want Jagr gone and to take Straka, Roszival and Malik with him. Let him go to Russia and the Rangers can get on with their rebuild. So we may not make the playoffs next year. It will be worth it not to have to watch their soft , Eurostyle, overpassing style of play anymore. :ranting: