• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 5 GDT: Penguins 4, Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

all those missed nets really hurt us. I mean, almost all of the shots in the last OT we wide.

And WTF was with Dats? I'd say 90% of his shots were WAY wide? Is he hurt?

well pittsburgh got a bit lucky if dats puts that puck in that hit the crossbar kiss the series goodnight. They just have to play game 6 like their lives depended on it.

Osgood. Was. BAD. He shouldve stopped the GTG for Pittsburgh and he couldve had the first one too. He looked shakey on nearly every play and Fleury was AMAZING.

You're out of your mind ... just because Fleury was out of his mind AMAZING doesn't mean Ozzie was bad. Ozzie NEVER looked shaky, never got caught out of position, and kept his head in the game even through 3OT even though we had over double the number of shots and he had every opportunity to let his mind slip out of the game. The shots he let by weren't fluky, they were caused by poor defense.

Bottom line is that the Wings couldn't get the bounces to go our way tonight -- we played solid D after a horrible first, and if the wings had played 60 solid minutes from the faceoff we're skating the cup over two hours ago.

This is how the playoffs go -- sometimes you run into a smoking goaltender -- lets hope the Fleury from Game 4 returns for game 6.

Really disappointed. I'll miss 85% of game 6 and all of game 7, if it happens. Damnit.

I'm not blaming ANY of the Wings. They outplayed Pittsburgh almost constantly from Period 3 on. What more can you expect? The bounces literally didn't go our way.

Absoulte worst reffing I have ever seen in any hockey game anywhere, it was Freaking BRUTAL!!! fleury kept them around and it must be nice to have those guys in the zebra shirts helping the stupid penguin team out all game.

Go to hell NHL officials!!!

Edited by Redwingsfanin_BC

I am in disbelief right now and shocked. We had this! I can't take much more of this, theres no way I'm going to get any sleep tonight or tomorrow for that matter. I think it's time for a ciggy to help calm me down.

did we lose a game we should have won, yes. but christ, everyone is jumping ship and giving up. we haven't been outplayed yet. bad officiating, yes, and all that goes along with it.

get positive. all we have to do is win ONE damn game.

well pittsburgh got a bit lucky if dats puts that puck in that hit the crossbar kiss the series goodnight. They just have to play game 6 like their lives depended on it.

Yeah and tonight they did that, and beat us. And Pittsburgh had just as many posts and crossbars as we did.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

Spoiled Fans.... you guys have 11 cups... 3 and the last 11 years... now you can't even fill your stadium :blink: ...... OUR TEAM DESERVES IT MORE :)

Each player on teh Wings had about 2 or 3 chances to win the Cup during all the OT's. They just choked collectively as a team.

I hope we will win, but at this point I feel like we've lost the whole series. I wish I could just carbon freeze myself until game 6, because I can't sleep like this for 2 nights.

No doubt. They choked this away, 34 seconds and to let piece of s*** Max Talbot score, and then outshoot the opponents 55-25, and to lose? ******* joke.

I dont know if there gonna win game 6, I dont know if there still gonna win the cup. I want them too obviously.

BTW, The puck hit the official (O'Hallaran) bounced to Malkin, play should've been blown dead, nope, Sykora scores.

Osgood became Nogood when it really counted. Even if Hudler hadn't committed that stupid penalty, the Wings would have found a way to lose this one....reminded me of the Ducks winning in here in OT last year. I've never seen a team commit so many penalties that is supposed to be so disciplined.

We've only got ourselves to blame. The first period was HORRIBLE and in the end, it cost us. You just can't afford to get off to such a slow start.

But still, 35 FREAKING SECONDS.

And the Tennesee Titans needed 1 freaking inch in 2000 (or was it 2001) ...

On to Game 6 -- LETS GO WINGS!!!