• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 5 GDT: Penguins 4, Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

First off, who would have thought that Sykora would've actually scored after calling it?

Second, you can't blame the refs for that last goal. It was the right call. I would've been pissed if it was off one of those goalie interference calls.

That second line D-pair was just plain awful. Turnover after turnover-Stuart was an absolute wreck. Babs will have to address that. On the flip side, I was really impressed with Lebda tonight. He has really stepped up his game over these last few weeks.

This game came down to missed chances. We finally penetrate the slot (hey-o), and we end up missing the goal or misfiring. I can think of 7 times off the top of my head that the Cup should have been ours.

Bottom line, this is a veteran team. And as a veteran team, you know they can easily get past this. How many times have we come away from a loss like this thinking we were screwed, and then watched as we dominate the next game? Home or away, I have confidence that we will get this done.

I agree, mainly because Im not sure Fleury or the rest of the Pens can bring the fire that they did in this game. I dont see Fleury ever having another game like he did tonight.

It's pretty sad that a gimp like that scored the GWG, even though he was hurt the entire game.

I hope Hudler enjoyed his skate to the bench after that goal. He took a dumb penalty in the offensive zone, which he had no reason to take.

The penalty was completely accidental....the only thing you could critcize is that he should have controlled his stick better.

The rule is, if a puck hits an official and it directly results in a goal, it should be blown dead. The linesman, I dont know about. But the play should've been disallowed, he's disallowed enough of ours under bogus rules, and then to do that, I just cant stand having games being decided like that.

Yes the Penguins won, but they got help. This game was Detroits to lose, and they did. I expect a much better effort on Wedsneday.

I would expect nothing less from the wings. but, I have to say, at first the

pens were overwhelmed, still are but this gives them confidence that they can hang

with the wings. Dangerous on the wings part.

The Stars aren't playing and Detroit is??? Mindblowing.

You guys were the better team and beat us, but I decided to stick around to watch this series...and when I see the difference here when you guys win and lose and call out somethings you guys get up in arms and im apparently a troll? Come on. There are more "red wing" fan trolls here than there ever will be from other teams. Hell, I'll give it like it is more than most here.

You'll have to excuse some people. You certainly know that emotions can run high after a loss, especially one wherein the Cup could have been clinched.

Yep ... I hear there's still room on the bandwagon bus for anyone else that wants to hop off ...

I'm staying on -- Wingnuts stay through Stanley Cup years, by Round 1 exits, sweeps, game 7 losses, through losing Konstantinov & Jiri Fischer!

LETS GO WINGS -- in 6!!!!

i'm the first vote to elect you the new high master grand poobah of this gdt. well said sir!

Great game by Marc-Andre Fleury. Seriously, the Pens players should kiss his ass for the next day. The Pens don't give up and they fight hard every shift.

Nonetheless, I am still confident that the Wings will win the Stanley Cup.

Oh yeah...some coaching hints for the Red Wings for Game 6:

CRASH

THE

NET

Oh yeah, we out shot Pittsburgh like 2 to 1. BUT. BUT. Pittsburgh had much better scoring changes because their guys had plays in the crease. Evidence? Tablot's goal in the 3rd period with like 34 ******* seconds left in the game. Make plays in front of the net, guys. None of this shoot from 35 feet away s*** and hope that Fleury gives up a fat, juicy rebound. Get the puck in front of the net and let Homer, Mule, etc. put the damn puck into the net. If you have to set up plays from behind the net...do it!

Hey, Babcock...CRASH...THE...NET...Have your guys feed the puck to the crease area. Spread that Pittsburgh defense and block Fleury's field of vision. My 96 year-old grandmother can stop those shots from like 35 feet away if there are no bodies in front. Fleury didn't break a sweat tonight after 53 shots on goal.

Read on another forum that this is the latest a team has scored a tying goal to avoid elimination. Don't know if it's accurate.

Helluva game tonight. It's a massive case of blue balls to be that close to winning it all and have it not happen, but a great, great hockey game nonetheless. We'll get em in six.

I still can't believe Sammy shot that puck wide by 30 feet....you almost have to try to miss that badly.

Ah well, they scored as many tonight as they had the rest of the series combined. Ozzie will put up the wall in Game 6.

ouch, if thats true it just makes the pain oh so much worse.

41 missed shot and 31 more blocked. :ranting:

It's real hard to rationalize what went wrong this game. We let in some flukey goals, but hardly got dominated in any way. Rather, WE dominated large parts, expecially the OT. The only thing I can think of is our finish. We seem to shoot to often, too early and from too far away. The above statistic may be a proof of that.

I'm also a little worried about Datsyuk...most of the time he has the puck I go "yes, yes, YES, nooo...". No bashing intended but his play doesn't seem to yield many concrete scoring chances right now.

its gonna suck having to watch the game from my phone on wednesday night, but im really thinking about just bringing in my lap top and finding a game feed

That second line D-pair was just plain awful. Turnover after turnover-Stuart was an absolute wreck. Babs will have to address that. On the flip side, I was really impressed with Lebda tonight. He has really stepped up his game over these last few weeks.

Stuart was HORRIBLE tonight. He's so weird. Some games he's good as hell and some games I cringe every time I see #23 on the ice. I'd have to watch it again, but on Pitt's second goal, I want to say Kronwall was going to go help Franzen in the corner but he had to cover the front of the net instead because Stuart had another one of his LEEEEROY JENKINGS hits where he goes flying out of the picture for no reason....

Lotsa guys could've played better tonight and we still dominated that game. I really don't see that team beating us two more times in a row. It's obviously closer than we'd like it to be, but I still think we're just fine.

We weathered the storm the best we could, and had many a chance to win this battle. What is done is done though, Now we must plan forward, and drive our spears into the enemies heart on their own ground. If we wish to raise our flag over the world. The victors in war do what must be done, when it needs to be done. Make no excuse, and accept the past, learn what can be taken from a defeat, for even in a lost battle there are lessons to be learned for the next. Make no excuses, and next time you take the field, erase the past from the memory of all errors with victory.

We will win.

Edited by Rikadyn

stop shooting from from the weak side half-wall, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay?

...unless on the power play, which only happens on one of 10 "penalties" called.

You'll have to excuse some people. You certainly know that emotions can run high after a loss, especially one wherein the Cup could have been clinched.

Yeah, I understand.

Is this place always like this after a devastating loss? I mean like the blaming players/refs and god knows what else?

Yeah, I understand.

Is this place always like this after a devastating loss? I mean like the blaming players/refs and god knows what else?

Yes, especially if you antagonize people by expecting them to calm down after a loss like this.

Yeah, I understand.

Yep :lol:

Sometimes it's worse actually, like if there was a disallowed goal, a goal that shouldn't have counted, or an absolutely horrendous giveaway leading to the GWG.

Yeah, I understand.

Yup. Every loss is the same as one where you came 35 seconds away from winning the cup.

The Stars aren't playing and Detroit is??? Mindblowing.

Aint it? Next time tell your boys that you have to win 16 games for the cup instead of 8. Hope Modano enjoys his Shiner Bock on the 19th Hole tomorrow. SCOREBOARD.

You guys were the better team and beat us, but I decided to stick around to watch this series...and when I see the difference here when you guys win and lose and call out somethings you guys get up in arms and im apparently a troll? Come on. There are more "red wing" fan trolls here than there ever will be from other teams. Hell, I'll give it like it is more than most here.

Damnit --- he's exactly right -- LGW.com -- EAT YOUR OWN!!!

Edited by NMWingzFan