• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Copenhagen848

Props to Lebda

Rate this topic

he's only ever played bad when everyone was injured in february. he and lilja were the top 2 dmen, and he was just trying to do too much thats all. it took hima few weeks to recover from that. but if he keeps things simple for now, he can develop more skill overtime and be a real good all around dman some day

I really want him on the Wings for a long time. :)

I second that! :thumbup:

he's only ever played bad when everyone was injured in february. he and lilja were the top 2 dmen, and he was just trying to do too much thats all. it took hima few weeks to recover from that. but if he keeps things simple for now, he can develop more skill overtime and be a real good all around dman some day

yeah, it took him a little while to bounce back from that. I see good things in his future though, I think he is going to develop into a really good player.

Lebda, and Dandenault always reminded me of myself they are both speedy, little(lebda) and can't really finish, so I have always had a soft spot for him. But yea, I thought he played best in the finals out of all of the series. Earlier in the year he looked very expendable with the way Meech was playing.

I was very impressed with Lebda this entire playoff run. Not like Kronwall impressed, but he far outdid my expectations of him, and in my opinion secured himself a spot above Lilja. Notable was that he is finally using his speed properly, was making safe passes and relatively few turnovers (for a bottom line D-man), was being surprisingly physical when he needed to, and didn't make a habit of making bonehead mistakes in his own zone. His offensive zone play could be better, but atleast he was using his speed to get the puck there. He was defensively sound, and that's what matters most for a #5-6 D-man, imo.

He definitely turned his game up a few notches from the second part of the season. One can only speculate, but with the injuries forcing him and Lilja into the first defensive pairing and the with the losses the team faced maybe there was a bit of a confidence issue. Regardless, he played very solid these playoffs and made some great plays. I really think that with his speed he has a lot of potential, if he could work on his scoring touch a little I think he would do well as he would be able to come in off the point but still get back in time to prevent a possible rush. All in all, for a guy who started the playoffs as the odd man out on D, he did a great job.

Yep, he really used his speed to his advantage, especially getting the puck out of the zone (cos lets face it, Lilja's outlet passing game is brutal). Was a treat seeing him pull away from old man Roberts time and again :)

I agree Brett had an amazing finals! He almost won the Cup for us on Monday! And to think he was a healthy scratch at the start of the playoffs. He proved he deserved to be there! :clap::D:D:D:D:D

Keeping with Lebda, he's a great video of him interviewing a local reporter. He was a bit tipsy!! hehehehe

Guest mindfly

I just love his skating ability, its so smooth and fast, he can skate through an entire line, amazing... could maybe improove his defense.

Very good in the playoffs, in fact better than in the regular season. played very smart, fairly physically and generally made life easier for cheli and lilja. I was also particualrly impressed at his pitching in when we had teams onthe ropes, so we could maintain pressure during line changes....very smart. Shame he can't shoot!

I thought he played better as the playoffs progressed and was outstanding in the finals. I wonder if separating him from Chelios helped. Chelios is his hero and maybe not worrying he would screw up in front of his hero, relaxed him more.

Very proud of his work. :)