• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

Chelios to Re-Sign for 08/09 Season

Rate this topic

Chelios: "We are all on the same page, and I've agreed with Kenny, I talked with him, I believe, it was Tuesday, and it's just a matter of signing on the dotted line, or however you want to say that, and money's never been an issue with me, obviously, over the last few years, I'm very content with my role and the way things are going, and especially having the year like we did this year and finishing it off like we did, I guess it's safe to assume that I will be a Detroit Red Wing next year, and I can't be happier about it."

Link

Hmm...in all seriousness...I think its time he stepped down for one of our many defensive prospects. (Ericsson)

nah I think Cheli has something left in his tank. true he isn't that great in transition offense and defense but I think he is pretty good in our zone. (although he screwed up a bit during playoffs) It also creates a situation where Ericsson/Meech/Leb/Lil have to earn their spot.

Anyway IMO he will serve well as a depth player.

He knows he's a depth d-man, he's said it before. He just wants to play and knows what all of us do - that you can't have too many d-men. Plus if we can rotate him in, you can give guys a breather every few games or if someone's struggling, you know you have a solid vet in the waiting. Besides, I think he was really tiring out at the end of the playoffs there and thats why he'll take a part time roll if it means another SC.

Love Chelios but I wanna see what Ericsson & meech can do while playing a full year in the NHL. The little bit that they both played last year I thought they did great, alot of pressure was put on to them but I think they are capable of filling in spots.

His minutes will be limited, but he should be a good coach/teacher for the younger guys. You can't have enough depth, and to keep him at vet minimum, I like it.

Our management is too loyal to kick him out the door and I have no problem with that. On a different team this might be problematic, but the good thing is that Babcock will play the 6 best D-men we have and won't hesitate to scratch him for a young guy who's playing better.

Great news. I'm not like the other posters here who constantly want the young kids to play, as if we have so many great prospects which we know are going to be successful.

The only guy I'm not yet sure about is Ericsson, but I'm sure Babcock will give him a chance to show himself, and then we'll find out what he's made of.

But I don't mind Chelli coming back. This is good for him, because he can still get paid, and work half of the time, instead of being a full-time defenseman. He still enjoys playing, so I can see why he's coming back.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

:thumbdown:

love the guy but i dont think they allow canes on the ice...

oh and to answer gmrredwings question Ericcson right now is better than chelios currently.

Who's?

You make it sound like every D-man we have is as good as Lidstrom.

No, but the Wings have a logjam around the bottom pairings in their lineup. And even though one of the kids may make more mistakes than Cheli, they've actually got a future on the team, and probably better footspeed.

Link

Hmm...in all seriousness...I think its time he stepped down for one of our many defensive prospects. (Ericsson)

I couldn't agree more with you. It's becoming a joke now. The game has pasted him by. If he wants to stay make him an assistant coach......but now his is just taking up a roster spot for one of our defensive prospects. RETIRE CHELIOS !!!!!!!!! :ranting: