• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Niedermayer to decide by tomorrow

Rate this topic

Calling Forsberg "Foreskin" is not only juvenile....its stupid. It's no better than when Blues fans call Detroit, "De-troilet".

actually, the blackhawk fans really like to call us that one as well!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241038&amp...s=headlines_nhl

Apparently, Teemu has the draft day deadline as well. I don't think he comes back. Would the Ducks be better with Teemu and without Niedermayr, or with Niedermayer and without Teemu?

ask them again in december.

:ph34r:

cmon guys u should be excited it is the hopefully yearly will he stay or will he go duck event... Considering what happened last year if the ducks had to choose between the 2 i would rather see teemu staying so the ducks can actually score some goals..

Edited by Duck Guy

I had to laugh when I read that "Scott always wants to do what's best for the team."

This is getting about old. Just retire so we don't have to hear about it anymore.

I had to laugh when I read that "Scott always wants to do what's best for the team."

This is getting about old. Just retire so we don't have to hear about it anymore.

It's not like either one would stay retired if they did.

And the Ducks are better with Neidermeyer than with Selanne. Both are amazing, but the Ducks got their act together (a little) when Nieds came back.

I'd like Selanne if he's available, but I don't think he'd fit, contract-wise, here.

I hope they both retire.

I lost respect for both those idiots after their unprofessional behavior last year. The league is better off without guys like that.

i agree with that i hated it when the ducks were struggling scott came back and they started winning i never like him after that

I personally don't know why they "retired" in the first place. Neither one of them is exactly fading away in prowess. They both have a few years left in the tank.

Its the reaching of the Cup after all those years. The goal has been reached, they are still ezhausted etc.

Not denying that, but saying he's horrid defensively is completely inaccurate. Yes, he had a tough season this past year, but who didn't on the Ducks aside from Schneids? With Schneider and Niedermayer out the beginning of the season, he was thrust into a role he shouldn't be in (no different than Stuart on a team like the Kings). Just because he had an off season most certainly doesn't make him the type of player you are insinuating. Pronger was sh*t last season as well, and he certainly isn't "horrid".

You kind of proved your point with comparing Beauchemin to Stuart. Cause thats exactly what he is. Beauchemin is a decent defenseman who has had the benefit of playing in a well-played Randy Carlisle defensive system with one franchise defenseman, if not two at all times.

Look nothing more than the improvement players make when they play alongside Niklas Lidstrom. Markov, Lilja, Schneider, etc have ALL looked like they could be bumped up the depth chart playing alongside Niklas Lidstrom. Once they leave, they drop back to reality.

Look at the reality of Beauchemin. He couldnt make Montreals lineup, was put on waivers as a 25 year old defensman with nothing more than a games worth of NHL experience, and was ONLY able to make it as an NHL Dmen once he was getting fed pucks from the point alongside Scott Niedermayer. The funny thing is, what happens when Niedermayer is no longer there and Pronger has an off-season? Can Beauchemin pick up he slack? No. Of course not. Because anyone can look real good when 1/3 of their defensive teammates belong in the HHOF. No franchise Dmen to pair up with = mediocre Dman. One Franchise Dman to pair up with = good Dman. Two franchise Dman to pair up with = his best year ever.

Beauchemin is 28 years old with his only good years coinciding with Niedermayers presence on the Ducks. Thats not coincidence. Ask him to drive the boat and he cant cut it. Hes a great complement Dman, nothing more. Thats why once Niedermayer was gone for the first half of the season, Beauchemins name was floating all around the rumor mill. Thats where the story begins and ends.

If Niedermayer doesnt say if hes coming back or not prior to July 1st, Ducks are screwed. If Niedermayer retires pre-July 1st, they can negotiate with/sign Perry ASAP. But if they dont know if theyre gonna have that extra 6M some dollars to play with on the open market on July 1st, theyre gonna be spending July 1st and after chasing after Perry and maddeningly trying to sign him before an offer sheet comes his way. They might lose out on filling those big holes up front if the earliest time they can sign Perry is July 1st.

If Niedermayer doesnt say if hes coming back or not prior to July 1st, Ducks are screwed. If Niedermayer retires pre-July 1st, they can negotiate with/sign Perry ASAP. But if they dont know if theyre gonna have that extra 6M some dollars to play with on the open market on July 1st, theyre gonna be spending July 1st and after chasing after Perry and maddeningly trying to sign him before an offer sheet comes his way. They might lose out on filling those big holes up front if the earliest time they can sign Perry is July 1st.

Honestly i dont think perry is going to ask for much and as for the offer sheets perry has to accept them as well but only time will tell.. <_<

I hope they both retire.

I lost respect for both those idiots after their unprofessional behavior last year. The league is better off without guys like that.

Totally agree. They got away with it last year but the league should surely look into some rules preventing this exact kind of unprofessional behavior disrepectful to other teams.

A certain number of games into the season you should have decided to play that season OR NOT. If you don't come back by say Nov or Dec 1, you have to sit out until NEXT season. 2nd option: you must pass some kind of "waivers" where other teams looking to add a player late in the season get a crack at you too.....

I personally don't know why they "retired" in the first place. Neither one of them is exactly fading away in prowess. They both have a few years left in the tank.

Because they both wanted a longer vacation - sipping Margarhitas somewhere - while their teammates were busting their ass in training camp and on the ice half the season - as well as the rest of the league.

It's one thing if a player has a systemic injury - if they think anyone should feel sorry for them on account of "tired from a long Cup run", I don't think too many tears would be shed around the league.... <_<

yah i noticed no selanne this season only corey pery and he seemed to be holding up the team pretty good so far. they could do good probably without them.

Edited by nhl_akai_tsubasa

Scott Niedermayer used to be one of my favorite players, but I cant satnd him after all this bulls***. If you dont have the heart to play the game anymore, retire already. Stop cheating by taking half the season off and coming back for the playoffs. Ddidnt work last year and wont work this year.

I don't think what Teemu did was as bad as Niedermayer's screwing around. Selanne was a free agent, under no contract to anyone. Niedermayer on the other hand was under contract.

He used to be one of my favorite defenseman when he played in New Jersey, but I have to say, all that screwing around last season made me lose a lot of respect for the guy. We'll see how big of a soap opera it becomes this year.

Hopefully he'll do the right thing and inform his team today, even if they did give him more time.

I don't think what Teemu did was as bad as Niedermayer's screwing around. Selanne was a free agent, under no contract to anyone. Niedermayer on the other hand was under contract.

He used to be one of my favorite defenseman when he played in New Jersey, but I have to say, all that screwing around last season made me lose a lot of respect for the guy. We'll see how big of a soap opera it becomes this year.

Hopefully he'll do the right thing and inform his team today, even if they did give him more time.

Maybe he is still doing the math, refiguring his retirement with gas at $4.75 a gallon instead of the $2.65 it was when he retired the first time, to see if his millions will last or does he need to play one and a half more seasons.

Here’s what I told Scotty. His agent said that he’s going to decide by Friday. That’s not the deadline we’ve given him. His wife is expecting a baby. What I told Scotty is, you take the weekend. He’s got much bigger fish to fry right now. The Samueli’s are family first and that’s how we’ve always done things and that’s how we’ll always do things. You look after your family right now. We can wait until Monday. The operative date for us is July 1, not tomorrow. Nothing we do tomorrow, positionally, it doesn’t factor in. We’re going to take whoever we take. -The great and best liked GM on these boards...

Edited by Duck Guy