• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sjradio

Wow, Pittsburghers are really ticked

Rate this topic

It'll be a sad day when Hossa departs from our team, hopefully it wont be next year. At the same time, I'd rather have Z and Franzen extended so Hossa staying would be rather hard to fit unless he's willing to only take about 5.5-6.5M a season and we have major cut backs from a huge group or we have lots of retirees after this season.

...oh you can guaratee that Zetts and Franz will be under contract before July 1st of 09' and WELL before any negaotiations with Hossa take place...

...so yeah, when it comes down to it, Holland can say, look at our payroll, this is all I have left, it yours, if you want it...

More crap from Pissburgh.

Found this on a Pittsburgh radio station's website

ESPN Radio 1250

http://podloc.andohs.net/dloadTrack.mp3?pr...0ESPN080702.mp3

Time to boo this bulls*** broadcaster when the douchebag Stigerwald comes next year.

He's so full of s***. He calls Hossa a traitor. Well, funny how he was a great guy when it worked out in their favor.

The ******* also makes remarks about the JLA.

I'm now officially going to be rooting for Pissburgh (because of all the pissing and moaning they do) to miss the playoffs next season. What a bunch of ******* crybabies. That city must really love Therrien to emulate him so well.

It's not the fact that the Wings signed Hossa that pisses Pens fans off -- it's Hossa's reason for signing with the Wings, which, as he has said in no uncertain terms, is that he wants play for the best team in the NHL. He's even stated that he stacked the Pens and Wings against each other in deciding what to do, and ultimately decided the Wings are just plain better (as if the Cup weren't proof enough).

Ouch if I'm a Pens fan.

ESPN Radio 1250

Time to boo this bulls*** broadcaster when the douchebag Stigerwald comes next year.

He's so full of s***. He calls Hossa a traitor. Well, funny how he was a great guy when it worked out in their favor.

ROFL that espn s*** is great

Ya gotta love it...

ahh yeah that's it... our commercials, thugged up mayor, wonderful michigan economics and city suck so bad that everyone wants to be here. Has to be it!

Well... then again it's my hometown, not my town lol.

After watching that video, (loosely quoting mitch album) I want my minute back.

noobs

Guest Four
The guys from Pensblog posted this sick s*** :

I mean, they had to LOVE him, that they are so jealous now, they are not normal.

Ouch, I could have used that money they wasted on that jersey to buy my own Datsyuk Cup Patch Jersey :'(

the guy in the video was f***in stupid....."After all Pittsburgh was only 2 games away from the cup" i mean they only lost their sturdy backup, best playoff performer, grizzled veteran, power forward, and whoever else they lost hahah they wont be playin for a cup for a while

Talk about rose colored glasses... The Wings smoked them in the finals. This great Pittsburgh offensive team scored only 10 goals in 6 games (1.67 GAA). The final combined score after the first 2 games was 7-0, after 4 games it was 11-4.

Game 5 they won in triple overtime and game 6 we won 3-2.

Total for 6 games 17-10.

Yea, they were only 2 games from winning the cup. And the Wings were only 2 games from a sweep. The Wings lost those 2 games by 1 goal each.

This series was not even close.

I didn't say that I WANTED the picks but if some team offered a sheet on him I'd rather see Detroit take the picks than overpaying him given the limited amount of cap space they now have.

Did your crystal ball tell you so? :rolleyes:

Lets hope he re-signs quickly and avoids any chance of an offer sheet....

No, this quote from M-Live did

My guess is Filppula doesn't sign an offer sheet and works out a deal with the Wings in the $2 million range. He likes it here, likes being surrounded by talented players. Like so many of his teammates, I suspect he would sacrifice some money to stay here.

Guest Four
I don't understand these pittsburgh fans much. He was a rental player, and never asked once to play for them.

Exactly, they just expected him to stay in their franchise because he was getting offered huge money.

ESPN Radio 1250

How does Pittsburgh have the right to crap on ANY other city, as with the nightlife/arena comments?

Just enjoying the meltdown from a couple hours away...

I live in Pittsburgh...the talk around here is mixed...but to address the title of the thread.

They are called "Yinzers" in Pittsburgh. Instead of saying "y'all" like they do in the south they say "Yinz"

"Where yinz going" It sounds stupid but they wear that phrase like a badge of honor.

But the reaction has been weird...the true black and gold goggle yinzers are saying, screw Hossa we never needed him. Which is crazy as he was their most solid playoff performer behind Fleury. Sure Malkin was good until he got blasted in the Philly series, Malone did well until Kronwall bashed his skull and Crosby was nice until Hank shut him down. BUt Hossa was there night in and night out..the stupid dump and hope we chase it down against the Wings possession game made it hard to see how good he did play.

The other reaction has been to start blaming Therrien for being a dick that the players hate.

The media here changes what they say dailly.

I'm so glad someone on this board saw that article by Gene Collier about the Hossa signing. I read that last week and had basically the same reaction you guys did. All of the Post Gazette's sports columnists are ancient, negative and have very bad memories. If it wasn't for Max Talbot's goal with 34 seconds left in Game 5, Hossa never even plays a Game 6 to get a "bad bounce". Living in Pittsburgh I hear a lot of "If we had shown up for the first two games it would've been a good series". The team has the same mentality too. They don't think they were beat by the Red Wings, they think they blew their chance. It was theirs for the taking and they didn't get it done. The Wings are the much better team, they know what they need to do in order to win and do it unlike the Pens who complain about officiating when they start losing and take cheap shots like Whitney and Roberts did in Game 2. That's why Hossa left for Detroit. The Pens had a great year, but the Red Wings have been having a great couple decades.