• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingMachine91

islanders fire ted nolan

Rate this topic

Why is it a dumb move? They were 13th in the conference and Snow stated that they had differing ideas on which way the team was headed. At least Snow had the balls to give some valid reasons on why it was he fired him. Once again I don't think it's ever that bad of a move to fire a coach whos' team came in 13th.

Why is it a dumb move? They were 13th in the conference and Snow stated that they had differing ideas on which way the team was headed. At least Snow had the balls to give some valid reasons on why it was he fired him. Once again I don't think it's ever that bad of a move to fire a coach whos' team came in 13th.

Nolan can make crap teams overachieve. Who is out there that can take that Islanders team and do better? Their leading scorer last year had 49 points.

I agree it is a dumb move to let him go but it is an organization that has lost a lot of class over the years with the way they deal with players and media. Nolan did an outstanding job in Buffalo and was run out of town in my opinion he did not deserve it. I hope he lands a new job soon and does not have to wait between coaching gigs again. I would not mind him as a Assistant here. No matter where he lands I am sure he will do an impressive job just hope it is a good org with some class.

Edited by skippy_kenn

Nolan can make crap teams overachieve. Who is out there that can take that Islanders team and do better? Their leading scorer last year had 49 points.

Obviously he couldn't make this team overachieve !!... unless you determine that coming 13th in the weaker conference is over achieving.

Obviously he couldn't make this team overachieve !!... unless you determine that coming 13th in the weaker conference is over achieving.

The '06-07 Islanders had no business being in the playoffs. As for '07-08, I'd say 13th is respectable for that roster.

I'll ask you again: Who is available that could do better than Nolan?

Edited by ARice89

Amazing that such a good coach can bounce around the league so much. I wonder if he'd be interested in the assistant position.

Buffalo and NYI? Thats 2 teams and one bounce if I count correctly.

Buffalo and NYI? Thats 2 teams and one bounce if I count correctly.

One bounce that lasted nine years. Maybe "bounce around" was the wrong terminology.

Terrible move. Nolan was one of the best things about that organization. Hopefully he can become the head coach of some team out there that needs him (sucks to be you Tampa Bay :huh: ).

If he doesn't get a head coaching job, I think he could work well as one of our assistants. Here's to hoping we have a spot for him.

The Isles are run so badly. Hire Nolan and Smith and fire Smith before the season even starts and replace him with a guy who had very little front office experience. Nolan had such a bad team to work with. Snow is why that team stunk. They'll hire one of the veteran castoffs and he won't be able to do anything either. The owner and the GM are the problem.

Perhaps you're not familiar with the Islanders.

For the roster he was given, 13th place WAS overachieving. As someone else stated, our leading scorer had 49 points.

**Edit**

You know, I could go on and on about how and why Charles Wang is the worst thing to EVER happen to the New York Islanders, but I don't have that kind of time on my hands.

Suffice to say that the only reason that Nolan was fired is because he wouldn't say "Yes, sir, Mr. Wang, sir. Whatever you say, sir, Mr. Wang, sir." Like everyone else on the Isles payroll is forced to do.

Why do you think Neil Smith was fired before he ever had a chance to sit down behind his desk as Isles GM, and replaced with Garth Snow?

The Isles are run so badly. Hire Nolan and Smith and fire Smith before the season even starts and replace him with a guy who had very little front office experience. Nolan had such a bad team to work with. Snow is why that team stunk. They'll hire one of the veteran castoffs and he won't be able to do anything either. The owner and the GM are the problem.

Garth Snow is the GM in name ONLY. He doesn't even wipe his arse without Chuckles' permission.

WANG is why the Isles suck.

And the only reason they weren't THIRTIETH in the League last year is because of Nolan. Period.

Guest Crymson

Nolan was a good coach. Snow is a TERRIBLE GM. Nolan took a talentless team to the playoffs last year. Snow got him absolutely nothing this last summer. Nolan coached a team with no scorers this season. Now it's his fault?

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Maple Leafs > Islanders

People who think the Maple Leafs are the worst team in the league, Look at the Islanders.. OmG there is nothing remotley worthwhile on that damn team.

All I want to know, is why the hell did DiPietro sign that 15 year contract with them? What is it about that organization that made him think "Hey, I want to spend my entire career here!". It makes no sense. Not only could he find great success elsewhere, but he could have made more money throughout his career elsewhere to with his talent.

Maple Leafs > Islanders

People who think the Maple Leafs are the worst team in the league, Look at the Islanders.. OmG there is nothing remotley worthwhile on that damn team.

DP and Okoposo are worthwile, and they made out VERY well at this years draft, but they're a basement team for the next few years no doubt.

they need that new arena more badly than we do

Guest Crymson
DP and Okoposo are worthwile, and they made out VERY well at this years draft, but they're a basement team for the next few years no doubt.

they need that new arena more badly than we do

They also lost Fedotenko and Satan this summer. That's MORE scoring gone.