• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Sundin still doesn't know what the !@$% he's doing

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

He definetely waited too long... and he has secured his future years ago, so these 20million $ shouldn't be the big reason to go there... I mean, vancouver is almost as bad as toronto, chaos!

But now he won't be able to play with Jeff Finger

Toronto had two choices: either offer a bigger contract to Sundin or sign Finger.

Google translator translated the article:

Sundin ready for Vancouver

He is a Swedish ice hockey's hottest transition. Mats Sundin is as reported by Daily News ready for Vancouver. -- I talked to Vancouver yesterday, saying "Sudden" agent Claes Elefalk.

What is this? What is this? New York Rangers wanted him, Detroit as well. Probably half the NHL as well. However, according to the Daily News has Mats Sundin decided for now to extend his career, in a completely different club. He leaves Toronto, ice hockey's capital, where he was larger than the city's mayor, for Vancouver, where he becomes teammates with, among others, the brothers Sedin.

A source of Daily News said the following on the Sundin situation:

-- His agent in North America declined to KHL (the Russian Superleague) on the grounds that he is fully ready for Vancouver. The fact that he has written on, why would he say if otherwise. He may, of course, a large sum of money in the event of a coming over here, "said the source.

Sundin agent Claes Elefalk also recognizes that Sundin and the club is in contact.

-- I talked to Vancouver last yesterday (Friday), but that he would be ready is more than I know, if so, "he says to Dagens Nyheter directly from their holidays.

-- I did not even know he had taken the decision to continue playing hockey, he continues.

How hot is Vancouver?

-- They are extremely hot. They want him.

Mats Sundin is one of the American ice hockeys greatest heroes of all time. He has, along with Peter Forsberg, has been the biggest shop window for the blue and yellow in the last 15 years. Many thought he would never leave Toronto, where he was team's captain in 13 years, and instead finish his career there. But the exclusive information as Dagens Nyheter taken note of doing now that he is continuing his amazing career, and that he makes it in Vancouver where there are many swedes already.

Dagens Nyheter has in vain sought to Mats Sundin for a comment.

Edited by P. Marlowe

thank you google translator, thank you

I even edited some parts of the translated result to proper English as it was nonsense or didn't know the words (I know some Swedish), but I'm not really sure what Vancouver being hot is supposed to mean.

They can have a great all-Swede first line now.

Edited by P. Marlowe

I even edited some parts of the translated result to proper English as it was nonsense or didn't know the words (I know some Swedish), but I'm not really sure what Vancouver being hot is supposed to mean.

They can have a great all-Swede first line now.

Thanks

Still sounds like a rumor at this stage to me. "ready" for Vancouver doesn't equate to a signing...

Anyhow, he might as well stay in Toronto for that matter, the Nucks could easily land last in the NW division. If he's going to go to a losing team, he might as well stay with the Leafs....

Still sounds like a rumor at this stage to me. "ready" for Vancouver doesn't equate to a signing...

Anyhow, he might as well stay in Toronto for that matter, the Nucks could easily land last in the NW division. If he's going to go to a losing team, he might as well stay with the Leafs....

Come to think of it, that article doesn't really tell you anything.

I doubt they will be last though, with Pavol Demitra in their line-up. Edmonton is still there and Colorado has propably gotten worse.

Exactly. Vancouver's not exactly on the way up. There has to be at least one or two other teams with the cap space AND the talent to make a playoff run.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

People throw Vancouver under the bus like they are a trash team like NYI or Toronto.. Vancouver are playoff contenders.. Its not like Sundin is throwing away a chance for the cup

Guest Shoreline

Mats Sundin clearly plans on lifting a Stanley Cup replica bought from Ebay with his new found wealth and lesser celebrity status.

That is, if it's true.

Edited by Shoreline

People throw Vancouver under the bus like they are a trash team like NYI or Toronto.. Vancouver are playoff contenders.. Its not like Sundin is throwing away a chance for the cup

I too think they have a good chance to make the playoffs, but they will propably have hard time with the toughest teams of West.

I think every team is capable of making the playoffs. Surprises can happen. Atlanta did it in 2007.

Eh, i wont believe this until I see it on TSN. They are obsessed with Mats and have half of their staff waiting and watching his every move, yet not a peep on tsn.ca yet....

edit sp.

Edited by Yzerfan1999

I doubt they will be last though, with Pavol Demitra in their line-up. Edmonton is still there and Colorado has propably gotten worse.

The Oil should be better this year. It's between Avs or Nucks for last - the Avs have this habit of sneaking out of the bottom - just when you've thought they hit it...

Nucks have Luongo - that's it. The Sedin twins + Demitra does not a legitimate threat in the West make.....