• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Real1

What are you looking forward to...

Rate this topic

I am looking froward to seeing Hossa play with Hank and Pavel. It might happen. I am also looking forward to seeing if D-mac or Downey gets the enforcer job.

What are you all looking forward to?

Guest lnvincible
I'm just waiting til is it Oct 9th and the season starts!!Having hockey withdrawls here.. :nhl_crach:

Im excited to watch Hossa with Detroit :o! Its gonna be amazing to see who hes going to be playing with and also the impact of him :) (which i hope will bring as another cup) :siren:

I'm looking forward to the stellar officiating and fair game play between all the teams in what is surely going to be a gentleman's game.

But seriously I have to apologize for my totally irrelevant posts. I've gotten into the habit of pressing the comment button before I even decide that I want to comment this offseason, and once you click it, there's no going back. Apparently a side effect from "extra time on hands". Or so I'm told.

Edited by Echolalia

I am looking forward to the start of the season of course, but there are a few "individual" stories on the Wings this year that I am anxiously awaiting the outcome of:

1. Does Filpulla take the next step and establish himself as a solid 2nd line center who can set up and finish. I am hoping for 50+ points out of him.

2. Does Mule continue to put up "power-forward" type numbers on a consistant basis? I mean, he was a goal per game player for the last 20 or so games and while i'm not expecting 82 goals out of him next season I am hoping for 30+.

3. Can Ericsson crack the line-up and establish himself as a solid defender that would make Lilja and Quincey expendable? He's got the 100mph slapper, great size, skating ability and loads of potential according to his coaches so I can't wait to see what he can do if given a chance (hopefully THIS season!)

4. Does Hudler ever get 18min per night so we can see if he can put up big numbers on a consistent basis?

5. Will Kronwall carry his amazing post-season production over to the regular season and become a 50pt defensman along with Lids and Rafi?

6. Will Stuart convince Babs that he's the man to play with Kronner on the 2nd PP unit or will Babs continue his love affair with Sammy in that role?

7. Will Osgood ever get the respect he deserves even if he has another stellar regular season?

8. Is it possible for Conklin to carry over the same success he had in Pitts while relieving Ozzie on a regular basis?

9. Does Jimmy Howard get a chance to show what he can do in the show this year or this another AHL "development" season for him?

10. Will Hossa mesh with his new linemates and put up 100pts?

11. Can Babs really split up Dats and Hank and if he does will they produce like they did when they were on the same line?

12. Could we possible convince Cheli to play one more regular season game and then retire so some of our D prospects can have his ice time PLEASE?

13. And of course.... can the Wings repeat?

These are the questions that will sift through the season like sands through the hourglass on this season of "As The Wings Turn"...

I am looking forward to the start of the season of course, but there are a few "individual" stories on the Wings this year that I am anxiously awaiting the outcome of:

1. Does Filpulla take the next step and establish himself as a solid 2nd line center who can set up and finish. I am hoping for 50+ points out of him.

2. Does Mule continue to put up "power-forward" type numbers on a consistant basis? I mean, he was a goal per game player for the last 20 or so games and while i'm not expecting 82 goals out of him next season I am hoping for 30+.

3. Can Ericsson crack the line-up and establish himself as a solid defender that would make Lilja and Quincey expendable? He's got the 100mph slapper, great size, skating ability and loads of potential according to his coaches so I can't wait to see what he can do if given a chance (hopefully THIS season!)

4. Does Hudler ever get 18min per night so we can see if he can put up big numbers on a consistent basis?

5. Will Kronwall carry his amazing post-season production over to the regular season and become a 50pt defensman along with Lids and Rafi?

6. Will Stuart convince Babs that he's the man to play with Kronner on the 2nd PP unit or will Babs continue his love affair with Sammy in that role?

7. Will Osgood ever get the respect he deserves even if he has another stellar regular season?

8. Is it possible for Conklin to carry over the same success he had in Pitts while relieving Ozzie on a regular basis?

9. Does Jimmy Howard get a chance to show what he can do in the show this year or this another AHL "development" season for him?

11. Can Babs really split up Dats and Hank and if he does will they produce like they did when they were on the same line?

12. Could we possible convince Cheli to play one more regular season game and then retire so some of our D prospects can have his ice time PLEASE?

These are the questions that will sift through the season like sands through the hourglass on this season of "As The Wings Turn"...

What he said :D

Guest Dump-N-Thump

I just want to watch some live hockey tbh.. Thats all i want i dont care who it is.

I need an excuse to start drinking more beer again.

I find myself most interested in who is going to get those "open" spots? Will Howard make a case for himself? Quincey; Meech; Lebda; Ericsson? Leino; Helm; Abdelkader; Haydar? Who wants those spots most?

Which direction guys like Filppula and Franzen take is the most intriguing thing to me. I'm curious to see if Franzen can reasonably continue the tear he started last March and be that force the Wings are looking for. If his numbers are even somewhat close to Bertuzzi in his prime then the Wings are in phenomenal shape.

Also, I'm really excited to see Filppula round out his offensive game. He may not have the offensive instincts of guys like Hudler, but it'll be nice to see if he's worked on it in the offseason and with the addition of Hossa if he'll become a little more offensive-minded.

I'm not worried about Hossa fitting in or how many points he's gonna put up, because I know it'll be a sh*t-ton.

I can't wait to see

1- The Winter Classic

2- Hossa and the rest of the boys rematch against the pens.

3- Frozen Keeping it up

4- Filp becoming the 2nd line man.

I pretty much agree with that. My main things are seeing Hossa in his regular season debut. And with that goes seeing Wings and Leafs in the home opener. I'll try to get tickets but don't know if that will happen. Then if Franzen can be a consistant force. I don't expect him to play like he did from March on for a whole season, just not possible. Also psyched for Wings/Habs the day before Thanksgiving. I'm gonna make sure I'm at that one. Also the Winter Classic. I probably won't be able to go to it which sucks but what ya gonna do? Also see how Ozzie and Conklin do together. I hope they play great but I don't think anyone will ever respect Ozzie. Fans from other teams think he just played out of his mind last playoffs and he can't do it again. All he did was play steady though. Not like he went out and stole a series or anything. Can't wait for Oct 9th though!