• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

The Official 2008 Detroit Lions Thread

Rate this topic

Lions Wins  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

how is it that only 2 people said 2-0 wins for the Lions this year on the poll? Thats just crazy!!

Didn't vote, it's too easy of a prediction :P

I'm starting to wonder if Floyd Resse is a campaigning for President rather then to replace Millen. How hard is it to understand he wants the job? Holy crap!!

well, I guess we can say good-bye to kitna this season... hello Orlovsky? Kitna to be placed on IR, which means his season is done.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3642616

I want to see Stanton. We know what Orlovsky can do. He can run out the back of the end zone. Let's see what Stanton is made of. Personally I wasn't all that impressed by his college career, but I'm biased - maybe he'd do well. Honestly, what do we have to lose? More games? That'll happen anyway. And they are talking about trading Roy Williams to the Cowboys - I hope they do that too. I like Roy a lot, but it's time to start tearing things down. If I were the incoming GM I'd peddle off as many players as I could for draft picks. No need to do any evaluations - the roster is poison because it's used to losing, and anyway most of them are the kind of players that would make quality reserves but lousy starters. Just blow it up as much as possible, with no discrimination, and stockpile draft picks.

More draft picks we can f*** up! Alright!

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt these days since Millen is no longer doing the talent evaluation. Besides, given what these bums are producing, a draft pick is way more valuable. I'll take the haul. And if we can do more of this in the offseason, so much the better.

so, in the last 6-7 years we have not won more than 7 games in a season, is this the bottom? maybe that 2-14 season was bad, but we kind of got better after that, until this season. maybe we just need to re-tool everything and start from scratch?

so, in the last 6-7 years we have not won more than 7 games in a season, is this the bottom? maybe that 2-14 season was bad, but we kind of got better after that, until this season. maybe we just need to re-tool everything and start from scratch?

Yeah, all the way better to 3-13! And 5-11! Wooo!

Yes, we need to re-tool everything. Like I said....if I was the new GM, I'd indiscriminately trade anyone I could for draft picks. Only a select few building blocks would remain - guys like Megatron and Sims and maybe say Kevin Smith. In two or three years I'd have churned through the whole team. Might as well treat it like an expansion team.

yeah, at this point, the only players who are safe now are MegaTron, Hanson, Nick Harris. No one else is doing anything to make the front office keep them.

I would probably keep Leigh Bodden and Ernie Sims to that list too. Both are young and have lots of talent.

uhm,

good news: we showed some fight at the end and came within a touchdown of at least a tie

bad news: it was agains the 1-4 Texans who was the umpteenth team we have spotted to a 21-0 lead.

take it how you will I guess lol

So apparently Brett Favre called up the Lions on his own initiative and tipped them off as to things that the Packers do on offense? Assuming that story is true, why? And why do we suck so bad we give up 48 points when we know what's friggin' coming?

Whether it's his retiring, and then coming back saga, telling Tony Romo to play hurt (and never telling Rogers do to the same), or this. He is really pissing me off this year. Shouldn't he be learning his new NYJ playbook since he apparently did this right after he joined the Jets?

I apologize to Packer487 in advance for my comments :ph34r:

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

So apparently Brett Favre called up the Lions on his own initiative and tipped them off as to things that the Packers do on offense? Assuming that story is true, why? And why do we suck so bad we give up 48 points when we know what's friggin' coming?

While I've heard the report is from a generally credible source (Glazer), I still have a hard time believing its true. I understand Favre has resentment towards Thompson, but I just don't see him kicking the entire Packers organization and all of its fans in the balls by doing something like this. I guess time will tell.

If it did happen.....how truly and deeply disappointing.

Culpepper wont be able to help that much. But if hell freezes over he and Johnson may became a combination much like he was with Moss in Minnestoa. But that is a small chance. Orlovsky hasn't played horrible and I would rather have the coaching stuff put him and stanton out there to see if they have a diamond in the rough. If they do sign him, I think the Lions are not drafting a QB in the draft because Daunte has made it clear he will only sign a multi year contract. McCoy is returning his senior year, and it is doubltful Bradford will declare elgiable. Stafford from UGA is a good prospect but not elite. With a probable top 5 pick and lower 1st rounder, I hope they start building from the inside and go defensive or offensive line. Maybe trade the two third rounders for a 2nd. But then again it's the lions and nothing will ever go right.

I don't either, but thats basically what I think about all their moves.

Well, most moves have a purpose that I can tell. They might be bad moves that completely fail to accomplish the purpose (hey let's go sign another old-ass washed up offensive lineman! get me Edwin Mulitalo on the line) but I get why they do it.

Here, WTF? The season is over. I can understand the coach and players saying "we're not giving up, we're playing and coaching hard, we're trying to get a win, etc. etc." because it's their job to. But it's the GM's job to look at the big picture, and the big picture is, the team ******* sucks, half the roster is practice squad material, their best effort might win them two games this year. They've got two young quarterbacks, Orlovsky and Stanton, that they need to find out about so they can plan for the future because that's the only thing they've got going for them. And here they're gonna bring in a guy who's best days are behind him but is probably better than the two we've got anyway, in order to do what? Win four games instead of two?

Like I said. Coaches, I understand. Players, I understand. But the front office is ******* up miserably if they are trying to take an 0-7 team and scrape out an extra win or two by bringing in a quarterback. It's not their job to do that.