• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

The Official 2008 Detroit Lions Thread

Rate this topic

Lions Wins  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i will be sure to watch the next 2 weeks just to see history. no team has gone 0-fer since the schedule went to a 16 game season. this is definitely going to be an interesting offseason as virtually every position could be upgraded with the #1 pick lol.

I really. Really. Hate. This. Team. At least, I hate the defense. Bunch of useless sacks of..... I already was very pleased to see they cut that worthless bum Brian Kelly, who sucked, and I am looking forward to the offseason when more worthless bums, who suck, are cut as well.

There was a graphic in the paper after Thanksgiving that showed the 50-some yard run by the Titans' RB, whoever it was, and it had an arrow representing the RB and posts for the defenders. The arrow weaved around the posts. Very apt description. Couldn't have put it better in a thousand words, unless at least nine hundred of those words were R-rated.

I talk to people who are not Lions fans and they ask me something along the lines of who do I think we should take with the first pick, Tebow? and I tell them I hope we trade the pick. "but you need a quarterback, right?" Yes, and two offensive tackles, two guards, one center, two or three wide receivers, two defensive tackles, two defensive ends, two or three linebackers, two cornerbacks, and two safeties, and that's just for the starting lineup, can you imagine how s***ty the backups must be if they can't even crack the Lions starting lineup?

Honest to God, I think the Lions are going to beat the Packers to stave off the 0-16 season. The Packers are just waiting for the offseason to get there, and the Lions are going to want that one bad. Calvin Johnson will run wild if the Packers keep with this asinine defense of playing to their DBs weakness (if you've got great man-to-man corners who are great at jamming, why are they playing zone and starting 8 yards off the line? And come to think of it, why is our best corner playing out of position at safety?).

I'm telling you. At least the Lions are fighting. They might not be good, but they're fighting. The Packers are just pathetic. All the genius dust flew off McCarthy's shoulders when "the train left the station"....It took them like 14 weeks to find a punter that could kick the ball more than 30 yards in the air. Horrible....

Honest to God, I think the Lions are going to beat the Packers to stave off the 0-16 season. The Packers are just waiting for the offseason to get there, and the Lions are going to want that one bad. Calvin Johnson will run wild if the Packers keep with this asinine defense of playing to their DBs weakness (if you've got great man-to-man corners who are great at jamming, why are they playing zone and starting 8 yards off the line? And come to think of it, why is our best corner playing out of position at safety?).

I'm telling you. At least the Lions are fighting. They might not be good, but they're fighting. The Packers are just pathetic. All the genius dust flew off McCarthy's shoulders when "the train left the station"....It took them like 14 weeks to find a punter that could kick the ball more than 30 yards in the air. Horrible....

The Lions would have to do something they haven't done in 17 years. Part of this is because the schedule makers always screw the Lions and give them their Lambeau trip at the coldest time of year. (Honestly, this is always the first thing I look for on the schedule. Well, second - Thanksgiving opponent is the first. It happens every damn year. Packers home game is in the warm part of the year and road game is in December. It's ridiculous.) But seriously. Even if the Packers' coaches aren't playing to the DB's strengths, at least the DB's have strengths. Calvin Johnson might run wild, but I'm not sure his quarterback knows how to find him any more than he knows how to find the back of the end zone. (Actually scratch that. He found it when he wasn't even looking.)

The Lions would have to do something they haven't done in 17 years. Part of this is because the schedule makers always screw the Lions and give them their Lambeau trip at the coldest time of year. (Honestly, this is always the first thing I look for on the schedule. Well, second - Thanksgiving opponent is the first. It happens every damn year. Packers home game is in the warm part of the year and road game is in December. It's ridiculous.) But seriously. Even if the Packers' coaches aren't playing to the DB's strengths, at least the DB's have strengths. Calvin Johnson might run wild, but I'm not sure his quarterback knows how to find him any more than he knows how to find the back of the end zone. (Actually scratch that. He found it when he wasn't even looking.)

Now, now, it's only been the last 4 years that the Lions have had to come to Green Bay in December...not like Detroit was beating them anyway, more than likely. And they've only played in December in Wisconsin six times during the streak. To that, I say, if you want your team that's from Detroit to be good in cold weather, don't build a friggin' dome next time. I don't think you can blame the schedule makers for making a northern team play outside every year. It's their own fault that they aren't more used to it. They'd have a homefield advantage of sorts as well if they would've built an outdoor (or retractable roof) stadium.

But yeah, I know how long it's been and I still think there's a better-than-decent chance Detroit could win that game. The Lions are going to want it, the Packers are going to be looking toward the offseason. The Packers have been really, really bad lately. The Lions have at least been battling.

after trying for the leagues worst start to a season, the lions are going to play the saints today... I have 2 comments/statement to this

1. ESPN analyst Merril Hodge picked the Lions to win today because...

2. The Saints do have a reputation for being the team that 0-fer teams beat to not be 0-fer anymore.

come on 0-15!!!!!

How can we believe in now? When they have done isht in the past. If they would have made the second round of the playoffs last year then the slogan would work. The Lions slogan people should have came up with a different slogan.

I think they will get 2 or 3 wins and lose the rest due to the William Clay Ford Curse.

I'm here to eat my crow pie in saying they will win 2 or 3 games.

But yeah, I know how long it's been and I still think there's a better-than-decent chance Detroit could win that game. The Lions are going to want it, the Packers are going to be looking toward the offseason. The Packers have been really, really bad lately. The Lions have at least been battling.

After they lost to the Saints 42-7, still think the Lions can beat the Packers? I don't think they have even the slightest chance. I guarantee a Packers win. I wouldn't take the Lions if you spotted me three touchdowns. If I have to eat my hat for that by them beating the Packers, fine, but I don't see it ever happening. I don't think you understand how completely devoid of talent this team is. The Lions are terrible players, poorly coached. The Lions have a better wide receiver, a better kicker, and I'd say a better punter but his leg is probably tired from so much work. That's it.

And I'll be pulling for Green Bay anyway. In fact, after WCF announced that the architects of this s***pile will be back next season (in other words forget about Scott Pioli or Floyd Reese or anyone) I sincerely doubt we'll even have a new head coach next season, I honestly would bet on MarineLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLi being retained, and I'm starting to hope the Lions never win a game again as long as WCF is alive. He doesn't deserve it.

The Lions don't stand a chance, even with the Packers having a bad season. When's the last time Detroit won at Lambeau? Sometime in the early 90's? And there's no way those Packers players want to be the team that loses to the Lions.

The Lions don't stand a chance, even with the Packers having a bad season. When's the last time Detroit won at Lambeau? Sometime in the early 90's? And there's no way those Packers players want to be the team that loses to the Lions.

I agree. If it was at Ford Field I would actually think they have a chance, but now it's slim to none. 0-16...what a shame.

And I'll be pulling for Green Bay anyway. In fact, after WCF announced that the architects of this s***pile will be back next season (in other words forget about Scott Pioli or Floyd Reese or anyone) I sincerely doubt we'll even have a new head coach next season, I honestly would bet on MarineLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLi being retained, and I'm starting to hope the Lions never win a game again as long as WCF is alive. He doesn't deserve it.

My thoughts exactly. Thats horse crap, and it shows WCF does not give two craps about his football team. I can't believe he's bringing those morons back. What's even the point of firing Millen if you keep Dumb and Dumber? It makes no sense. I had a feeling when we traded R. Williams, and it got good reviews from NFL peers WCF would keep them around.

after trying for the leagues worst start to a season, the lions are going to play the saints today... I have 2 comments/statement to this

1. ESPN analyst Merril Hodge picked the Lions to win today because...

2. The Saints do have a reputation for being the team that 0-fer teams beat to not be 0-fer anymore.

come on 0-15!!!!!

'Tis is true, it isn't uncommon for the Saints to play down to the level of their competition, I've seen it plenty which is why I don't invest much in this team emotionally even though I rarely miss watching a game.

But watching the game down here on Sunday, it was just sad unfortunately. I'm not one to talk trash or rub wins in the faces of other fans or get into all that stuff, but other than a few really hard hits off/on throughout the games, once it got to be 21-7/28-7, most of the guys on the Lions outside their runnning back really just didn't give a damn it seems. Sure the Saints played and executed fairly well, but a lot of that can be attributed to the Lions players just dillying around. They quit on the franchise and the fans this game.

I feel sorry for Lions fans, you all deserve a better product on the field.

Guest Shoreline

Lions are actually making this interesting. Losing 24-21 with 7 mins left in the 4th.

Guest Shoreline

LOL. Fumble recovered by Packers for a first down, 2 minute warning and Lions with only one TO. This game is over. Congrats to the Lions for making history!

At least we'll be in the history books for something. What a low point for the Lions. I don't wish harm on anyone, but nothing is getting better for the Lions or their fans until Bill Ford is dead. I'm gonna go finsih this bottle of vodka. Na Zdrowie.

I feel bad for the players. They may be a bunch of no-talent hacks for the most part, but if Lions management had even a fraction of competence, they'd be filling out practice squads and benches and be spread around the league quietly collecting paychecks. It's not their fault MM and WCF decided to assemble all the s***ty players in the league on one team.

Who wants to bet me that Rod MarineLLLLLLLLLLLLLLi will be back as coach next year?