• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

The Official 2008 Detroit Lions Thread

Rate this topic

Lions Wins  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reason I wouldn't want Marty is because that guy can't get over the hump, but I guess it is a fine option because the Lions are miles away from that hump to begin with :lol:

I don't think Pete Carrol's style of coaching would be successful in the NFL (it's already happened once). Maybe he learned his mistakes, but he would be dumb to leave everything USC has to offer, but if the Reggie Bush thing keeps coming up who knows.....

Schottenheimer is a good rebuilder of football teams. Thats why I would want him here.

Anyone else read/hear the RUMOR that the Pats may be willing to give a pick for Kitna? If that is true pull the trigger now!

While I'm sure they're looking at backup plans in case Cassell flops, surely they can come up with better than s***na. There's no way he wouldn't f*** up come January.

Still, you'd take the trade in a heartbeat. What round is the pick in the rumour?

Edit: Mis-spelt his name.

Edited by Doggy

While I'm sure they're looking at backup plans in case Cassell flops, surely they can come up with better than s***na. There's no way he wouldn't f*** up come January.

Still, you'd take the trade in a heartbeat. What round is the pick in the rumour?

Edit: Mis-spelt his name.

I heard on the radio it was a 5th round pick. I googled it, and saw a 3rd round pick, but that can't be true.

My dad called me today, and was telling me about that ESPN guy on NFL live (former GM of the Titans, don't know his name). He said he was on the radio last week (The Huge Show), and I guess he said if the Lion's offered him the job he would take it. Anyone else hear this??? I thought I would see it someplace online, but didn't......

I heard on the radio it was a 5th round pick. I googled it, and saw a 3rd round pick, but that can't be true.

My dad called me today, and was telling me about that ESPN guy on NFL live (former GM of the Titans, don't know his name). He said he was on the radio last week (The Huge Show), and I guess he said if the Lion's offered him the job he would take it. Anyone else hear this??? I thought I would see it someplace online, but didn't......

Floyd Reese is the guy's name. That story is in either the Freep or the News too. I think the Freep.

just don't see this team winning a single game this year. there is no team chemistry, players are yelling at coaches, some plays look like they have never been run before, kitna has been pulled twice in 4 games, we have no offense, no defense, nothing. pack it in, get a 1st rounder, trade roy, get a new staff, and just start from scratch. there is no foreseeable future with this current roster, it is just embarrassing.

just don't see this team winning a single game this year. there is no team chemistry, players are yelling at coaches, some plays look like they have never been run before, kitna has been pulled twice in 4 games, we have no offense, no defense, nothing. pack it in, get a 1st rounder, trade roy, get a new staff, and just start from scratch. there is no foreseeable future with this current roster, it is just embarrassing.

Agree. Bad thing is as of now there is no guy that sticks out in the draft for the No. 1 pick. If we get the No. 1 pick as of now I would trade it for more 1st rounders. Then trade Roy for another one, and we could add a lot of pieces in one year. I don't even know where to start for what they should draft.

And the Ford senior curse still continues. I found pulling weeds out of my Grandmas garden more enjoyable then watching the game.

Edited by Jwo

Agree. Bad thing is as of now there is no guy that sticks out in the draft for the No. 1 pick. If we get the No. 1 pick as of now I would trade it for more 1st rounders. Then trade Roy for another one, and we could add a lot of pieces in one year. I don't even know where to start for what they should draft.

Problem is no one wants the #1 pick nowadays. They dont want to give up a #16 and a #28 for a top 5 pick because of the high rookie contracts. Plus you can get a ton of good players in the late 1st round....if you know what your doing.

Roy Williams is not worthy of a first round pick. Might get a 3rd round pick for him.

They'll win one or two, just cause that's the nature of the NFL. But they'll get the first pick and do something stupid like draft a quarterback in the thinnest quarterback draft in ages. It's gonna take two, three years at least to dig out of the Millen mess. His official record is 31-84 but make no mistake, this season is all his as well.

Problem is no one wants the #1 pick nowadays. They dont want to give up a #16 and a #28 for a top 5 pick because of the high rookie contracts. Plus you can get a ton of good players in the late 1st round....if you know what your doing.

That is a very good point. I was just thinking are the Lions planning on hiring Millen's replacement before the season is over? I think that would be their best interest if their guy is out there, because he can evaluate the current team, and know his needs right when the season is over.

That is a very good point. I was just thinking are the Lions planning on hiring Millen's replacement before the season is over? I think that would be their best interest if their guy is out there, because he can evaluate the current team, and know his needs right when the season is over.

What's to evaluate? All he needs to do is go down the roster, top to bottom: "sucks.... sucks.... sucks.... sucks.... sucks.... sucks.... sucks.... sucks.... halfway decent.... sucks.... sucks.... sucks.... sucks.... sucks.... sucks...."

This isn't hard. Team needs: QB, OT, OG, C, DE, DT, OLB, MLB, CB, S. There, that was easy. I left off WR and RB. Millen made damn sure the pantry was stocked at WR. That's his positive legacy. In deference to the fact that Kevin Smith almost sorta broke Barry Sanders' record, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt at RB. There's no line to run behind anyway.

The whole team is garbage. It doesn't need evaluating or knowing of needs. It needs blowing up. At the end of the season, players should consider themselves keeping the seat warm for someone else. Maybe a couple of them have secure jobs. Like Jason Hanson, Nick Harris. Calvin Johnson. There are what, 50-odd players on the roster, and maybe three or four of them, tops, will be around the next time the Lions are a playoff team.

I'll tell ya who needs to be replaced, if you want an evaluation: Raiola. Linemen have come and linemen have gone and the line continues to suck ass. Who's been the constant? The center. Backus is OK. But I refuse to believe the line's 8-year suckitude has been because all 15 or 20 guards and right tackles we've put in there have been terrible.

my worry right now is the Lions will spend a few mins evaluating possible draft picks and look just up the state at Javon Ringer and make him #1 pick. Ringer is a good college back and may not be that great of a NFL back. Rather see the Lions draft a lineman with a top 5 pick.

my worry right now is the Lions will spend a few mins evaluating possible draft picks and look just up the state at Javon Ringer and make him #1 pick. Ringer is a good college back and may not be that great of a NFL back. Rather see the Lions draft a lineman with a top 5 pick.

I agree on drafting a big boy. I don't think Riger is a top 10 talent. He lacks size. I would guess first round, but I'm saying that without knowing what JR RB's will skip their senior year. Guys like Beanie, and Moreno could leave early.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Clearly the curse is still in full effect. Only in a Lions uniform would an otherwise reasonably intelligent and modestly talented young quarterback do something stupid like this.

Congratulations, Dan Orlovsky - your career is now defined for all eternity. Gus Frerotte will always be the quarterback that sprained his neck bashing his head against the wall on purpose, and Dan Orlovsky will now always be the quarterback that forgot what the back of the end zone is for.

Usually "finding new ways to lose" is just a saying. The Lions are living and breathing it. I guess it's what keeps the fans coming back. What'll they try next week? I know....how about a winning field goal called back by a sideline infraction against the coaches, and when they re-kick, they miss. Bet that one's never been tried before.

oh boy.

im thinking its about that time of year again where i just completely forget that detroit has a team in the NFL.

im so happy the nhl is back and i can forget about this sorry franchise.

btw, good move orlovsky! you safetied yourself.