• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SouthernWingsFan

After 'hiding from everybody,' Emery tries to right ship

Rate this topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...&id=3521152

Really good interview between Ray Emery and Scott Burnside on how Emery is trying to turn is career around overseas. He's definitely talking the talk right now to try to fix it, hopefully he can walk the walk as well once the season starts over there.

The bigger the ego, the further the fall. And Emery fell hard on his face. Bruised egos can be strong motivation. Hopefully we can see a Cleary-esque turnaround in this guy. Hes still really young and not at peak age for a goaltender. He still has plenty of opportunity to be a good starter or 1B if he gets his s*** straightened out.

Goalies, mentally, are a different breed.

Part of his make up as a person is his mental approach to situations, if he is going to change his mental make up, I wonder if he can be the same goalie.

A big part of netminding is confidence, if his ego is broken because of this experience does that impact his game more than it did a forward like Cleary? Who knows?

He was on OTR a few weeks ago before he left for Russia and he really owned up to his attitude and his affect on the team and such.... I think he genuinely will put in an effort to change and make himself a better person and a better athlete..... Certainly we will see him in the NHL again

The problem for Ray is he is way beyond platitudes. I always hate to see someone with so much talent piss it away because of poor personal choices. Hopefully he has the right people with him now and he'll rise to a level higher than what he attained in Ottawa. We'll know the answer in about four months.

Emery's a good goalie. Everyone makes mistakes and those who learn from them usually come up stronger for the experience. If he sincerely means to turn himself around and reinvent his career, I bet some team is going to give him a chance, and be very happy about their decision.

Best of luck, Ray!! :thumbup:

Funny how that article addressed his anger issues but didn't address the fact that he was an amateur boxer. Anyway, I think he'll be back if he is serious about stopping the rock star lifestyle and attitude.