• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SouthernWingsFan

Where's Bud Lynch?

Rate this topic

I've been listening and half-watching the Wings game while working and notice the different PA annoucer. Brand new/permanent? Do they use a different PA guy during preseason? Keep in mind I've never seen a pre-season game on TV before until today...

I've been listening and half-watching the Wings game while working and notice the different PA annoucer. Brand new/permanent? Do they use a different PA guy during preseason? Keep in mind I've never seen a pre-season game on TV before until today...

I'm not sure what the deal is... I heard Bud Lynch's voice for calling the last minute of the 2nd period, but someone else called the Franzen goal.

My guess is you'll hear more of the young guy. The wings want to do more at TV TO with Jennifer and this guy can yell. He was yelling who wants a T-shirt and they were throwing them, plus some times it's hard to hear Bud.

if Bud's getting too old, I think they should record his voice saying all the names and making all the calls / announcments then just have someone up there with a sound board.

it's not a Wings game without Mr. Lynch.

if Bud's getting too old, I think they should record his voice saying all the names and making all the calls / announcments then just have someone up there with a sound board.

i'm fairly sure that what they've done for pre season..

bud announces all the standard stuff.. "Last minute of the 3rd period", etc..

but anything that needs to be made up on the spot.. "Penalty to Detroit, Michael Samuelsson, 2 minutes for being a ****"...

come from the new guy...

wonder if it's just pre-season or we're starting to see a changeover.. Bud is what 90 years old after all...

Bud Lynch is the PA guy at the Joe, he can't be replaced.

Bud is an institution, just like Tom Carnegie was at the Indy 500, and should be allowed to be the PA announcer as long as he wants. Hearing Bud's voice for the first time each trip for me is like when Carnegie would flip the switch on the mic first thing and say "Good morning race fans!" at Indy... you knew you were back in a special place.

Yeah, at the end of their careers, they may get a little harder to understand and may goof up some names and facts, but you gotta love 'em!

Edited by Gizmo

I would love to see this guy announce one of the Wings game... Haha.

The guy that says Goal

That's Rick Jeanneret, who has been doing Sabres games since the wheel was invented.

edit: spelling

Edited by octopusonice

This really isn't that far out there to make this suggestion, but..

At Yankee Stadium, they still use the old PA voice for certain things as a recording. For example, they play his recording of "Derek Jeter" just for him.

I personally don't think it would be too far out there or wrong if the Wings used Bud's "Last minute to play in this period" as a recording for years to come. I don't know about anyone else here but when I think of Bud Lynch I think of him saying that. Of course they could record any other one of his sayings and use that too.

He was there last night, but only announced about half the things he usually does, not sure why. Maybe someone else knows? (they were talking about this on the radio after the game too)

You beat me to it... I can already picture it:

"Detroit Goal... Number 96 To-mas Holmstrom..."

It's great, and while other PA announcers flood the announcements with statistics, he keeps it simple.

i like the new guy, you can actually hear what he is saying.bud lynch is good and all but its time to move on. imo

It's people like you who piss me off on this forum. You're the LGWer who will simply insert a Red Wings player's name and go on-and-on about how they need to leave. Doug Brown. Chris Chelios. Steve Freaking Yzerman.

You are the bane of this forum. You are the Chris Pronger of this forum.

Edited by Zion