• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Red Wings visit the White House

Rate this topic

I was actually at the ceremony at the White House today. Absolutely awesome. I'll upload pics tonight. Most players hung around afterwards and took pictures and signed autographs. Incredible experience.

That’s awesome! Looking forward to seein the pics.

If anyone cares, I can put up some pics of me with the players.

Hell yeah!

<--- Insanly jealous. Looks like you are spitting distance from Homer and Helm. BTW how were you able to get a seat to that event?

Are you in fact The Door Man at the White house? :cool:

Edited by Statts

Hell yeah!

<--- Insanly jealous. Looks like you are spitting distance from Homer and Helm. BTW how were you able to get a seat to that event?

Are you in fact The Door Man at the White house? :cool:

I work here in DC and just lucked out with getting on the guest list using some connections. (Door Man is in reference to the great man holding the door open for Wings fans heading into the silo to cross over to the Joe.)

n2321104_49133629_3696.jpg

n2321104_49133631_4297.jpg

n2321104_49133634_5218.jpg

n2321104_49133632_4613.jpg

Also got pics with Dom, Ozzie, Hudler, Mickey, and Maltby and Holmstrom. Got to meet Helm, Lilja, Hossa and Bettman, too. Wanted to boo Bettman, but refrained.

All outstanding guys. Once in a lifetime experience.

I work here in DC and just lucked out with getting on the guest list using some connections. (Door Man is in reference to the great man holding the door open for Wings fans heading into the silo to cross over to the Joe.)

n2321104_49133629_3696.jpg

n2321104_49133631_4297.jpg

n2321104_49133634_5218.jpg

n2321104_49133632_4613.jpg

Also got pics with Dom, Ozzie, Hudler, Mickey, and Maltby and Holmstrom. Got to meet Helm, Lilja, Hossa and Bettman, too. Wanted to boo Bettman, but refrained.

All outstanding guys. Once in a lifetime experience.

Very very jealous. Are you "the chief'? :unsure:

Could you post all your pics with the players? Do you have pic with Lilya? Hossa there too? Would that be a jinx?

Guest Four
Oh God Datsyuk needs to work on his appearance so badly in that picture.

Cross of E.T and Lurch >.>

n2321104_49133630_3995.jpg

n2321104_49133633_4916.jpg

n2321104_49133635_5517.jpg

n2321104_49133636_5817.jpg

n2321104_49133621_1346.jpg

That's it for pics with the players. Unfortunately Lidstrom, Rafalski, Draper, McCarty, Lebda, and Babcock didn't hang out - at least not where everyone else was, they could've been in another room. Didn't get pics with Lilja or Hossa. Both were there and I had them sign my ticket to the event. I think I got about 15-16 autographs. Wish I would have known I was going to get to meet them all, I would have brought something cooler to have signed. Oh well, still an amazing memory.

Edited by The Door Man

If the Wings win again next year, its too bad they'd have to be greeted at the White House by one of the bums running from the two major parties... sure would be nice to see a President Ron Paul or a President Bob Barr... Instead, we'll probably be stuck with Obama bin Biden.

Couldn't be much further from being a fan of him as a president, but he's a very charismatic orator and I actually really enjoyed watching the whole thing. Thanks for the link.

If the Wings win again next year, its too bad they'd have to be greeted at the White House by one of the bums running from the two major parties... sure would be nice to see a President Ron Paul or a President Bob Barr... Instead, we'll probably be stuck with Obama bin Biden.

That's completely beyond the point. It's still an honor to visit the White House, regardless of political affiliation or your personal feelings about the President. I couldn't care less who the Red Wings get to visit if they make it an annual event.