• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest 4051RedWings1393

Dan Cleary

Rate this topic

I have so much respect for the man. All he's been through, not having a job, making the team on a tryout. He has so much passion for the game. He has more heart than a lot of other players do.

Edited by robat

Like others have stated, Danny is awesome. he is one of the hardest workers out there.

Its like your expecting him to rack up points or something. (He will actually contribute to a good amount of wings scoring this year)

He plays hard every night man.

Bad Thread :thumbdown:

edit-

you also started the andreas lilja thread

, if you just post about how much you hate the Wings players, why are you here? go root for the ducks.

This is a message board where we discuss Red Wing hockey. This isn't a site where all we are allowed to do is praise Red Wings. This person clearly feels Cleary is majorly under producing thus far into the season. I would tend to believe many people would also agree for someone making $3 Million, he is under producing.

Obviously the OP is exaggerating how poorly Cleary has been playing, but he/she is allowed to voice his/her displeasure about any Wing he/she chooses, we aren't in China.

Do I think Cleary is playing poorly? Absolutely. Do I think he will start producing on the offensive zone sooner rather than later? Absolutely.

Knee-jerk reaction by someone who probably became a fan after we won the Cup.

The first time I'll agree with you in a while, but I'd say that's a good guess. No way any loyal Wing fan can look passed what Cleary has brought to this team during his tenure.

A player like Cleary brings all the intangibles, that in most cases superstars do not. Luckily in our case, all of our superstars do (DZHossa). He adds the extra grit, while still being able to pop in a goal here and there (i.e. Game 1 SCF). He obviously slumps from time to time but that was expected and is why he's on a 3rd line (when everyones healthy). Must admit, it's nice having a former 1st-rounder as your 3rd-line grinder.

Edited by DatsyukownzU13

Haha, have you not watched the past 2 seasons? I'd guess not, Daniel Cleary is the hardest working Red Wing right now. The guy is having vision problems and getting shifted from line to line every game. You hate Daniel Cleary? That's surprising, I'd imagine your in the minority there.

Yup, I like Cleary and how he plays the game. Not sure how anyone can really pick and choose who to blame because so far the whole team isn't looking good. Some players are finding their own and some are looking worse then ever. The whole team needs to tighten and simplify. Cleary is no exception but to say you hate him?! He is one of the hardest working Wings that for sure, might not be playing his 'A' game yet but not many are.

- i hate how he works so ridiculously hard and seems to get injured every game crashing and banging.

- i hate how he then plays through those injuries and doesnt even slow down.

- i hate his poor judgement when he stands up and fights pronger who is twice his size.

then again, heart, skill, and determination are some of my most hated qualities.

what a dumbass thread.

Hear, hear. Ridiculous topic. Cleary could have 2 goals for the entire year and still be an important member of the team. What are we always asking for? Heart and grit. Cleary's got both.

- i hate how he works so ridiculously hard and seems to get injured every game crashing and banging.

- i hate how he then plays through those injuries and doesnt even slow down.

- i hate his poor judgement when he stands up and fights pronger who is twice his size.

then again, heart, skill, and determination are some of my most hated qualities.

what a dumbass thread.

PWN :thumbup:

When did "discussion" become telling someone their opinion is worthless and not backing it up? Please contribute to the conversation (such as it is) or post in a different thread.

And I'm with young guns on this one - Danny has more than proved his prowess, if not recently, and that only due to circumstances beyond his control. I'm just as emotionally invested in hockey if not more so than most, but even I think it's much, much too early in the season to be judging anyone.

he has as many points and the same plus minus as selanne right now, and the ducks have played one more game than us. not saying that selanne is an elite player in the league any more, but people thought that his signing would make an impact on the ducks, and it may yet. it's still early in the season. we just passed the ten per cent mark of games played. when hossa, homer, dats and z go cold, that's when we need cleary (and val and jiri, etc.) to really step up their game. right now, we're winning games on the strength of our big guns plus a little help from their friends. as long as we're winning, we don't need clearly to be an impact player.

Guest 4051RedWings1393
Knee-jerk reaction by someone who probably became a fan after we won the Cup.

I've been a fan since 1986 you judgmental jerk

Edited by 4051RedWings1393