• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Crazy

Hossa.....WOW

Rate this topic

I have to admit I was never really a fan of Hossa till this year. But all I can say is WOW! He is alot faster and much better in our zone then I ever thought that he would be. He seems to be becoming a fan favorite pretty quickly is there a chance of re-signing him long term? Is he happy so far in Detroit?

I thought I read an article somewhere that quoted ken holland as saying that he has done the numbers and it wasn't possible to keep Hossa, Zetterberg and Franzen. So take your I guess...

Here's what I'm thinking, Hossa can sign a league minimum deal with the understanding that all members of Red Wing nation must pass the hat and donate the proceeds to the Keep Hossa in Detroit Foundation. There has to be at least 10 million of us, if we all throw a buck or two in we'll have a decent chunk of change. Said foundation then donates the money to Hossa's dog or cat, then none of us have to live in a world in which Hossa plays for another team. :thumbup:

I thought I read an article somewhere that quoted ken holland as saying that he has done the numbers and it wasn't possible to keep Hossa, Zetterberg and Franzen. So take your I guess...

He said it wasn't possible unless they all took discounts. But that's splitting hairs.

Here's what I'm thinking, Hossa can sign a league minimum deal with the understanding that all members of Red Wing nation must pass the hat and donate the proceeds to the Keep Hossa in Detroit Foundation. There has to be at least 10 million of us, if we all throw a buck or two in we'll have a decent chunk of change. Said foundation then donates the money to Hossa's dog or cat, then none of us have to live in a world in which Hossa plays for another team. :thumbup:

That's just crazy enough to work!

The question is, would you rather see Hossa, Franzen, or Zetterberg walk?

I'd like for all of them to be able to walk. Why would we want any of them crippled. :blink: But seriously, out of the three, Franzen, and it pains me to say that. It'd be nice if they could all take the discount, that way we can keep the three of them.

As much as I love having Hossa, I would rather see him go. Guys like franzen are hard to come by and we have two of the best in Franzen and Homer. Maybe Hossa will be so hungry to win that he'll take a lesser amount of $$ to be with the wings.

He said it wasn't possible unless they all took discounts. But that's splitting hairs.

I dunno. Ive crunched the numbers and even if we sign hossa and zetterberg for 7 mil each and franzen for 3 mil and iced a bare bones roster, we'd still need the cap to go up at least 4 mil. I think the only way to keep all three is to let all the other free agents walk and trade lebda, lilja and either filppula or cleary. Thats alot of personnel change in one year.

The question is, would you rather see Hossa, Franzen, or Zetterberg walk?

whoever says franzen should jump off a building. zets and hossa are clearly far more skilled than franzenstein.

As much as I love having Hossa, I would rather see him go. Guys like franzen are hard to come by and we have two of the best in Franzen and Homer. Maybe Hossa will be so hungry to win that he'll take a lesser amount of $$ to be with the wings.

Thank you. Finaly somebody pointed that out. Franzen is a big guy that crashes the net and has great hands. A lot like Homer. Hossa plays a similar game as Pav and Z.

Homer is 36. Franzen has to be his replacement. We have 3 similar guys in Hoss, Z and Pav.

So logically, Hoss goes.

And NO I don't think Mule is more talented than Hoss, but he brings something that we only have in Homer.

...Always been a Hossa fan, but now that he is a Wing, even more. Sadly, unless he takes a very minimal payday, he will not be around. And sadly for Franzen, if Hossa does take that minimal salary, HE won't be around. You have the SO-CALLED cap to thank for that! Here you have marginal players singing around the league for 5 million dollars, so if he sniffs 30 goals, he could easily get more than that elsewhere. Would ALL three sign on for a discount? I could see Zetterberg and Franzen doing so, but unless they win the Cup, Hossa is the tricky one. Here's to hoping we re-sign all three, but reality says... :thumbdown:

...all depends on what Franzen and Hossa are looking for. Franzen for Filpulla money and Hossa for less than Zetterberg...

...Always been a Hossa fan, but now that he is a Wing, even more. Sadly, unless he takes a very minimal payday, he will not be around. And sadly for Franzen, if Hossa does take that minimal salary, HE won't be around. You have the SO-CALLED cap to thank for that! Here you have marginal players singing around the league for 5 million dollars, so if he sniffs 30 goals, he could easily get more than that elsewhere. Would ALL three sign on for a discount? I could see Zetterberg and Franzen doing so, but unless they win the Cup, Hossa is the tricky one. Here's to hoping we re-sign all three, but reality says... :thumbdown:

...all depends on what Franzen and Hossa are looking for. Franzen for Filpulla money and Hossa for less than Zetterberg...

Maybe. Cheechoo re-signed for 3 million the year after he scored 56 goals and won the Richard Trophy, so who knows. I think it has more to do with how the player feels about the situation he is in.

I doubt all three will be back next year though, there's no way Holland will let all of the players go that would be necessary to make it work.

here is a crazy idea that will never happen...

assuming Lidstrom retires after next season, Hossa, Zetterberg, and Franzen each sign 1 yr, $5 mill deals. This fits under the cap (hopefully), and then they can get the raises they deserve after Lidstrom's salary is off the books. Just my way to hope that we can keep all 3.