• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

big_D

luongo injured in pits game....

Rate this topic

The Canucks are done if Roberto is out for any amount of time.

Exactly.

Luongo is the Canucks leading scorer and has taken them to 5th place overall in the league and 7th overall in scoring. Without his goal-scoring ability, the Canucks are toast.

Edited by One of the Few

Exactly.

Luongo is the Canucks leading scorer and has taken them to 5th place overall in the league and 7th overall in scoring. Without his goal-scoring ability, the Canucks are toast.

Haha?

7th in scoring won't mean much when you don't have Luongo stopping everything behind you.

And do you really think that Vancouver will keep their scoring up?

He stuck around long enough to deny Pittsburgh two points, and his absence bodes well for us on Monday. I'll accept this.

Lots of franchise goalies getting injured this season so far.

Exactly.

Hahaha. Get real. The Canucks are playing well, but do you honestly think they'd be in the same position as they are right now if Sanford had been backstopping them the whole way? Not a chance.

If the Wings play the way we know they are capable of playing, tomorrow night should be a cakewalk.

I'll go on record and predict we win the game 5-1 right now, assuming Luongo doesn't play.

Exactly.

Alright, you got me. I've watched Vancouver very closely this year. Luongo is the absolute backbone of the team, they'd have lost have of the games they've played with Sanford in net. He's terrible, his rebound control is barely better then Gigueres and he gives up softies alot. Wellwood wont keep playing like he is, just wont happen. He's soft, I love the guy, seen him play a ton in St John's but he doesnt care enough about conditioning to be an effective player all year long. Demitra is on the decline, he's having a good season so far, and good for him, but relying on him for most of the premier scoring isnt good. With Bieksa hurt, and Salo always a question mark when he walks down the hallway, are you really comfurtable with Ohlund, Edler, O'Brien and Mitchell having the bulk of minutes in front of Sanford? I wouldnt be. The Canucks better remember how they played in 06-07, because that shutdown defensive game is the only saving grace they have without Bobby Lu.

Alright, you got me. I've watched Vancouver very closely this year. Luongo is the absolute backbone of the team, they'd have lost have of the games they've played with Sanford in net. He's terrible, his rebound control is barely better then Gigueres and he gives up softies alot. Wellwood wont keep playing like he is, just wont happen. He's soft, I love the guy, seen him play a ton in St John's but he doesnt care enough about conditioning to be an effective player all year long. Demitra is on the decline, he's having a good season so far, and good for him, but relying on him for most of the premier scoring isnt good. With Bieksa hurt, and Salo always a question mark when he walks down the hallway, are you really comfurtable with Ohlund, Edler, O'Brien and Mitchell having the bulk of minutes in front of Sanford? I wouldnt be. The Canucks better remember how they played in 06-07, because that shutdown defensive game is the only saving grace they have without Bobby Lu.

Regarding Sanford, the Canucks just beat the Rangers and Pittsburgh with him in goal, and Corey Schneider is on his way up from Manitoba. Many people see him as being either the goaltending future of Vancouver or an excellent trading chip. Having watched Vancouver as much as you say you have, I'm surprised you were not aware of this. Also, we're not even sure how long Luongo will be out for. A fact is that the Canucks are where they are not because they are a one-dimensional team. They can score, play defense and keep the puck out of the net. The stats and the standings prove that. I would expect that if Luongo is out for any length of time, that we will lose a game or 2 that he might have stolen for us -- but I really don't expect them to fold up their tent and give up.

I watched the posts pile-up here on this forum over the summer about how Gillis was a joke and the Canucks were going to be the bottom-feeders of the entire league. Now, with a well-coached team playing to its full potential, you're suggesting that their excellent performance is all just a fluke and you guys were still right about the Canucks. You say both Demitra and Wellwood will fold up, which is little more than wishful thinking on your part and at the same time you don't bother to mention the Sedins, or quite possibly the best third line in the league with Kesler and Burrows. Right now, the Canucks are proving that all the hockey geniuses here on this forum aren't too bright. Take care.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Regarding Sanford, the Canucks just beat the Rangers and Pittsburgh with him in goal, and Corey Schneider is on his way up from Manitoba. Many people see him as being either the goaltending future of Vancouver or an excellent trading chip. Having watched Vancouver as much as you say you have, I'm surprised you were not aware of this. Also, we're not even sure how long Luongo will be out for. A fact is that the Canucks are where they are not because they are a one-dimensional team. They can score, play defense and keep the puck out of the net. The stats and the standings prove that. I would expect that if Luongo is out for any length of time, that we will lose a game or 2 that he might have stolen for us -- but I really don't expect them to fold up their tent and give up.

I watched the posts pile-up here on this forum over the summer about how Gillis was a joke and the Canucks were going to be the bottom-feeders of the entire league. Now, with a well-coached team playing to its full potential, you're suggesting that their excellent performance is all just a fluke and you guys were still right about the Canucks. You say both Demitra and Wellwood will fold up, which is little more than wishful thinking on your part and at the same time you don't bother to mention the Sedins, or quite possibly the best third line in the league with Kesler and Burrows. Right now, the Canucks are proving that all the hockey geniuses here on this forum aren't too bright. Take care.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Maybe win a couple of playoff rounds before you trash the hockey "geniuses" over here. Quite frankly, LGW has some of the brightest fans I've ever encountered. And of course I am probably one of the brightest around. :D

So to you fine sir I say shut your trap, wait until the post season before you stroke your team's collective junk. Now go over to the Canucks Fanboy message board and tell them what a bunch of dumbasses they are and that they continue to be the laughing stock of the league. One of the worst things I can think of is somebody calling me a Vancouver fanboy. Now get to steppin'.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Now get to steppin'.

heeheehee!

It's another lesson that not every goalie can play every game, as much as they want to.

The Wings are better off in the long run because they have 2 good goalies.

Although I wish they would not rotate them every freakin' GAME....

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Maybe win a couple of playoff rounds before you trash the hockey "geniuses" over here. Quite frankly, LGW has some of the brightest fans I've ever encountered. And of course I am probably one of the brightest around. :D

So to you fine sir I say shut your trap, wait until the post season before you stroke your team's collective junk. Now go over to the Canucks Fanboy message board and tell them what a bunch of dumbasses they are and that they continue to be the laughing stock of the league. One of the worst things I can think of is somebody calling me a Vancouver fanboy. Now get to steppin'.

But hold on there now Gilligan. According to the hockey geniuses around here we weren't even supposed to get out of the bottom five of the league, let alone make the playoffs. Has that all flown out the window now?

But you do have a point about the Canucks message board. It has more idiots than most, but only because it is a massive site with a massive membership. It's the old ratio thing, which as a self-confessed "bright guy", I am sure you understand. This board has pretty much the same comparitive ratio of idiots which is proven by the fact that I can frequently find myself replying to one at 7:58 am on a Monday morning.

I've decided to come support my fellow Canuck fan.

Everybody here seems to think that this entire team is based around Roberto Luongo and his ability to stop the puck. Last night it was shown that Sanford isn't a bad goalie, and he made some big time saves.

It's also important to look at Schneider's stats:

10-1 record.

.945 SV Per

1.37 GAA.

I realize its only the AHL, but keep in mind that this is his first year playing professional hockey where he is the consistent starter. Hes going to be great. Furthermore, he proved he could stop NHL players in the pre-season, where he got 3(?) starts. The Canucks have some good options in net, and I think you've all underrated Sanford. Keep in mind he has been under Luongo's tutelage for the last year and a half.

Also, our third line is downright dominant. Burrows-Kesler-Hansen continues to shut down the leagues top offensive players, and both Kesler and Burrows have over 5 goals (5 and 6, respectively.) Top that off with one of the best top six's in the league (no superstars, but at the same time everybody has the ability to be in any teams top 4, except for maybe O'Brien), we can expect the Canucks to continue to do well, if not quite as well as they have been doing in the month of November.