• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

11/29 GDT: Bruins 4, Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

Even before they scored the first goal, it was all Bruins.

I'm just saying they're unusually homerish tonight. Even Baldy McGuire wasn't this bad on Wednesday night when the Wings were down.

What? It was "all Bruins" before they scored the goal? Thats laughable. If it had been "all bruins" they would've had a shot on goal BEFORE they actually scored. The Wings played well in the offensive zone for the first 10-12 minutes or so, and the Bruins spent next to no time in our zone - hence the lack of goals against. But once the Bruins actually do more than cycle once in our zone and get booted out, they score. Story of the Wings life. Once a team realizes all they have to is apply a little energy in the zone, then can run all over our zone and score a goal.

We have to calm down.. it is yet only 1st period and 40 minutes left for us

I know we are down two but detroit did not play offensively and Ty gave up one weak goal

If we can convert chanes to score, we can still win this game

Not Over Guys!!

What? It was "all Bruins" before they scored the goal? Thats laughable. If it had been "all bruins" they would've had a shot on goal BEFORE they actually scored. The Wings played well in the offensive zone for the first 10-12 minutes or so, and the Bruins spent next to no time in our zone - hence the lack of goals against. But once the Bruins actually do more than cycle once in our zone and get booted out, they score. Story of the Wings life. Once a team realizes all they have to is apply a little energy in the zone, then can run all over our zone and score a goal.

He's talking about the announcers.

If you gotta say it, then say it. But I think it's lame to pretend that all forms of hockey are equally exciting.

Was the sarcastic response necessary? Anyway, I agree that not all forms of hockey are exciting. But to critisize Boston for not playing "exciting" hockey when we're a team with zero enforcers and a team that has been known to be boring is a bit of hypocrisy to me.

Zetterberg has been better than Hossa. Hes visible every shift. Hossa is off for 4-5 games, on for 5, off for 5, on for 5. He was fairly absent in his previous 4 games or so up until last night.

I heavily disagree. If you ask me, Hossa has been one of the hardest working, most consistent forwards on the team thus far.

The goaltending has to improve. Conklin has been good most of the season but he needs to stop both of those goals, especially the second one.

Yeah, I have noticed that... Him and Ozzie have been very slow to react to a cross ice pass. They are not getting over soon enough. It has happened in a few games now.

So what do the Wings have to do to get back to where they were last season? Switch the lineup? Trade players? Inspirational speech?

What the hell.

To answer your questions: not sure myself, probably, not sure who would go, probably not inspiration more like putting the fear of God into them and it's a long walk home when your not on the bus or plane speech.

It's too bad, we came out flying but that first goal turned the tide. I'm going to my friend's place for some poker where I'll be forced to watch the Leafs game instead. Let's hope we can turn this one around.

Guest Shoreline
Sorry but Kronwall not knowing how to play a 2 on 1 is not the ******* coaches fault.

That is common sense.

On the first goal it was actually 3 Wings back, 2 of them decided to pinch on one guy (Lilja and Flip), the guy went by both fo them, then leading to the 2 on 1 and goal.

This time Kronner absolutely sucked ass and couldn't cover either Kessel or Lucic. Hossa, at the other end, before Kessel came over, had a chance to hit Kessel when he played it while against the boards and facing Hossa. Hossa turned away allowing Kessel to fly up the ice.

These are just some terrible defensive fundamentals and this current team I can see making the playoffs but it will go nowhere unless something drastic changes.

When I say "all Bruins" I mean that the broadcasters wouldn't stop talking about them even when they were playing horribly. See the post before ;)

McCrimmon has just destroyed this team's defense. You're right, it is embarassing.

Seriously.....there's a reason why Atlanta hasn't been known for their stellar defense in recent years... <_<

I'm getting tired of all those teams playing against like it is play-offs already. Hey, we're only 20 games into the season. Save energy for what actually matters. And to be honest, I have no concerns at all. If it is win or die for Bruins, let them win we are going to have more important game later in April.

I really have a nagging doubt that it's not McKrimmon. I have a hard time believing that all these excellent veteran defenseman can just start sucking because of a new "system." You'd think if it wasn't working they'd instinctively play the way they're used to.

But firing McKrimmon couldn't hurt, even if it won't help.

The thing is, though, if your defense has sucked ass for nearly 25 games, you make some changes - whether its pairings, minutes, plays, systems, whatever it is. What changes have we seen?

McCrimmon has the best tools to work with on the back end in the entire NHL, and instead of building a castle with those tools, hes building a ******* outhouse.

And if its not him, then he needs to go to Kenny and say "look, this is out of my hands. If you dont shake up this roster, it wont improve."

We have to calm down.. it is yet only 1st period and 40 minutes left for us

I know we are down two but detroit did not play offensively and Ty gave up one weak goal

If we can convert chanes to score, we can still win this game

Not Over Guys!!

I don't think anyone is saying this game is over. We're just tired of seeing the same defensive story game in, game out. Something has to change.

I'm getting tired of all those teams playing against like it is play-offs already. Hey, we're only 20 games into the season. Save energy for what actually matters. And to be honest, I have no concerns at all. If it is win or die for Bruins, let them win we are going to have more important game later in April.

What are you talking about? The Bruins are one of the best teams in the NHL right now. Have you seen their record? Nearly IDENTICAL to the Wings, and Im betting that their defensive stats are much better than ours too.

This is who the Bruins are - a great team. And their kicking our asses without even playing their best hockey.

The thing is, though, if your defense has sucked ass for nearly 25 games, you make some changes - whether its pairings, minutes, plays, systems, whatever it is. What changes have we seen?

McCrimmon has the best tools to work with on the back end in the entire NHL, and instead of building a castle with those tools, hes building a ******* outhouse.

And if its not him, then he needs to go to Kenny and say "look, this is out of my hands. If you dont shake up this roster, it wont improve."

Well said.

You won't make it to the playoffs if you play half-assed all season.

EDIT: I think they mentioned before the game that Boston has the 2nd best defense in the league. Wonder where we are on that list.

Edited by VM1138

I hate that attitude. Teams that say to themselves, "oh well, we'll get em in April when we REALLY try" are the teams that don't make the playoffs or lose the first round. Every point needs to be fought for. ....every point counts.