• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DatsyukownzU13

How Would You React?

Rate this topic

Chris Pronger.

Probably the most hated player in the game, but he is definitely a great defenseman to have on your blue line. I was watching the Sharks - Ducks game last night and he is definitely a top 5 defenseman in the league. He was shutting down great scoring chances easily because of his reach and he almost scored a couple times.

As much as I hate him, I wouldn't mind having him on my team.

I would probably react the same way as when we got Chelios. I hated Chelios and at first it was a tough pill to swallow seeing him on our team, but I am super happy now that he plays for us and not against us. I don't hate Pronger like most on LGW, I'd love to see him in Detroit... but it would take some getting used to, actually cheering for and defending his cheapshots rather then receiveing them and bitching about them.

I would probably react the same way as when we got Chelios. I hated Chelios and at first it was a tough pill to swallow seeing him on our team, but I am super happy now that he plays for us and not against us. I don't hate Pronger like most on LGW, I'd love to see him in Detroit... but it would take some getting used to, actually cheering for and defending his cheapshots rather then receiveing them and bitching about them.

Exactly.

He's easy to hate. The cheapshots, the gap toothed grin... But he's a great defenseman. I'd be pretty excited if the Wings signed him. Let the other team fear him for a change. And like you pointed out, it's not like they haven't had players like him on their roster before. Anyone remember Hatcher?

If Lids decides to retire at the end of his contract in 2010, that also happens to be the same time Pronger becomes a UFA.

Just sayin'...

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Same as Hasek. I hated Hasek throughout his career, even when he was on the wings.

But Pronger... it's a whole different story. I just hate him period, and he's always going to be a goon to me. So not worth it.

I respect his talent, but hate his attitude. And speaking as a Canadian, I think he's a disappointment to the way Canadians play.

He could be a model for Hasek's Dominator store, freaking pretty boy.

But, the prospect of not having to deal with Pronger, s***, sign him up. I don't care how much you hate him, you can't deny his defensive and offensive abilities.

While he'd without a doubt make us a better team, I'd actually be pissed to see him in a winged wheel. Maybe over the course of a season I could learn to tolerate and potentially like the guy, especially with some proper playoff heroics.

I would much rather have a good shot at winning the cup without Pronger as we do now, than be a guaranteed lock to win the cup with him in our roster.

Think of the time when we signed Hatch. he was supposed to be the Second Coming... ended up being exposed as a pylon.

Pronger might be a prick, but he's still a darn good player. However, I doubt that he'd fit into our scheme. The current Wings just don't have the type of forecheck Anaheim employs. Pronger would probably break his ankles trying to keep up.

Think of the time when we signed Hatch. he was supposed to be the Second Coming... ended up being exposed as a pylon.

Pronger might be a prick, but he's still a darn good player. However, I doubt that he'd fit into our scheme. The current Wings just don't have the type of forecheck Anaheim employs. Pronger would probably break his ankles trying to keep up.

hahaha and that is only when he wasn't out injured... effing tool!

f*** Pronger! Don't need him, don't want him!

esteef

Agreed!

Too much bad history. Too many negatives. And comparing him and Chelios is silly. The fact Chelios was a mean sob and played for Chitown - of course alot of Wings fans hated him. But Pronger is a chump, with way too many negatives to even consider this. No thanks!!

I would FREAK OUT because that's the last thing I want to see as a Shark fan....Pronger making the wings even better. If the Sharks ever acquired him, I'd be pretty upset. I truly don't like the guy. Thankfully the history behind Sharks/Pronger is such that I doubt the Sharks would EVER sign or trade for him.

Guest Crymson

He's a total goon. No thanks. I do not like dirty players, no matter whom they play for.