No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/18 GDT: Red Wings 6, Sharks 0

Rate this topic

sjs.pngVS det.png

Preview- Sharks at Red Wings

Recap- Sharks 0, Red Wings 6

mjbkat.png

San Jose: 25-3-3, 9-3-1 Road Record, 53 pts; 1st in Pacific Division, 1st Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to CBJ 2-1 (OT) Recap

Detroit: 20-6-4, 9-3-2 Home Record, 44 pts; 1st in Central Division, 2nd Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to COL 3-2 Recap

o0ntdw.png

Goals

SJ Patrick Marleau - 16

DET Marian Hossa - 16

Assists

SJ Joe Thornton - 27

DET Pavel Datsyuk - 20

Plus/Minus

SJ Patrick Marleau: +17

DET Nicklas Lidstrom: +11

PIM

SJ Rob Blake - 63

DET Andreas Lilja - 28

2w6896p.png

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Hudler-Filppula-Cleary

Kopecky-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Lebda

Meech,Chelios scratched

2ikw5yo.png

SJ - Evgeni Nabokov 17-2-1, 2.48 GAA, .904 SV %, 1 SO

DET- Ty Conklin 8-4-0, 2.75 GAA, .902 SV %, 1 SO

2la34nc.png

SJ - Jeremy Roenick (shoulder) out, Torrey Mitchell (leg) out, Joe Pavelski (lower body) doubtful

DET - Chris Osgood (groin) doubtful; might backup, Darren McCarty (groin) out

610x.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

ive been saving my first post of the season for the biggest game of the season!!!! this is without a doubt a statement game and the rest of the league will be watching, so i have no doubt our boys will come out flying for a full 60 mins. sharks are on a back to back and a little banged up..... im going wings 4 (homer, hudler, maltby, lidstrom) sharks 2 (grier, boyle)

big, big game...let's get it done boys, c'mon. I'm tired of hearing about how good the Sharks are. Tonight can change that.

No prediction, just 60 minutes of Red Wings hockey. Let's go Wings!!!

All the Wings subpar play this season has been for the sole purpose of lulling these Sharks into the most profound sense of false security ever. And then, because of this genius move, the Wings attack, overwhelm, and emerge victorious. 14-3 of course.

All the Wings subpar play this season has been for the sole purpose of lulling these Sharks into the most profound sense of false security ever. And then, because of this genius move, the Wings attack, overwhelm, and emerge victorious. 14-3 of course.

No it will be 14-3 after two periods and then to keep the Sharks in the dark they will let them score 11 goals in the third only to win in OT.

i have to work at 10pm tonight, which means that i'll probably get to watch the first two periods and miss the third, which might turn out to be a bad or very good thing.

there is no doubt in anyone's mind that this is a statement game.

on the one hand, if the wings lose, it's just another regular-season loss in a season that will almost certainly see them go the playoffs, where games really matter (for teams like us and the sharks).

that being said, if the sharks beat us (especially if it's badly) in our own building after coming off a game the night before, there is no doubt that everyone here and throughout the league will seriously question the wings' ability to compete with the sharks come playoff time.

if they lose tonight, i'm not willing to throw in the towel and hand the cup to the sharks, but i think it will be pretty indicative of the wings' capacity to win this year.

goalie HAS to play well. this is the biggest part, in my opinion. a close second is defensive tightness, obviously.

but i've been pretty disappointed lately about our ability to score goals. we scored a total of three goals against the stars and the avs, both of whom we should have lit up.

the last game that we played that i truly believed was a statement game (and made it clear in the GDT) was the game against the ducks. we won 2-1. hopefully that pattern continues. honestly, i'm alright with a few losses against weak teams if we win against the good ones. right now we are 2-0 against the hawks, split the season series with vancouver, are 1-1 vs the ducks, and are 2-0 against the flames. while not completely dominant, i'm okay with these figures as overall we are doing fine against the better teams in the conferencem and not playing our best hockey. you just have to go 4-3 in a playoff series.

but if we go 0-4 against the sharks, bad news bears. and it is now too late in the season to say "well it's only x amount of games in, they'll get it together." nope. time to ******* play.

hossa and datsyuk have to play amazing games tonight.

come on boys.

im digging the LGW unity on this thread. everyone realizes how huge of a game this is; and how the wings need to step it up in general; no more excuses. this isnt just another regular season game against an over-achieving sharks team - they look FOR REAL this time, and i could excuse this and expect to lose the game becaues Osgood is hurt but im not going to.

im ready and waiting to see THIS red wings team do something.

somebody to start a fight;

somebody to throw their body around;

waiting for team as a whole to play more consistent

something!

Guest mindfly

I say it right now, watch out for Sharks #3, Douglas Murray from sweden, he's a force and if he hit a wing it will get messy.

Sharks win 5-2

SHARKS:Marleau, Setogucchix2, clowe, and someone else.

WINGS: Hossa, Zetterberg.

My predictions: we are gonna get rocked. Really hard. But I don't think that's entirely a bad thing. It'll be a wakeup call to a lot of our guys. It's time to play Red Wing hockey again.

Guest E_S_A_D

I'll preface this by saying I hope the Wings win.

However, my honest prediction is San Jose 4, Detroit 2.

My predictions: we are gonna get rocked. Really hard. But I don't think that's entirely a bad thing. It'll be a wakeup call to a lot of our guys. It's time to play Red Wing hockey again.

I've been hearing the bolded all year long, and at this point I don't think a loss to the Sharks would be much of a wake up call for them. If we lose, its because the Sharks are the better team this year. Wings need to come out hard and play a full 60 minutes of the kind of hockey we all know they can play. Needing a wake up call isn't an excuse, we're too far into the season for that already.

Needing a wake up call isn't an excuse, we're too far into the season for that already.

No. The Wings have been winning, and winning a lot, but not being as dominant as they should. A wake-up call is exactly what they need. Who knows what it will be, but there will be one. I don't care if it's tonight or if it's in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, but it's gonna happen.