• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/30 GDT: Red Wings 4, Blackhawks 0

Rate this topic

That's what impresses me about Chelios and McCarty. They are old, and past their prime but damn if they don't still draw guys taking runs at them.

I think its helarious, chelios must still ahve his good ol mouth because he just gets guys goin after him its helarious, he means nothign to this team yet they relentlessly stalk him

Are you for serious? Didn't they watch the playoffs last year? Or did they have a tee time?

Completely f***in' serious, it was a Winter Classic commercial I saw immediately after the game on TSN.

I just went "Oooh.. *looks at the score again* Yep, shutout"

Okay, I found this. I can't verify the accuracy of it, but it sounds about right:

Overall, Quenneville is 19-47-10 against the Wings and was 0-8 last season. At Joe Louis Arena overall he is 8-28-4. The Wings have beaten his teams in the playoffs four times and won the Cup each season (St. Louis - 1997, 1998, 2002; Colorado - 2008). With St. Louis, Quenneville was 11-22-10 during the regular season against Detroit and 5-12 in the playoffs. As bench boss of the Colorado Avalanche, he was 3-9-0 in the regular season and 0-4 in the playoffs in meetings with Detroit.

I actually just looked this up myself. I came up with a combined (regular season and playoffs) record (W-L-T, OTLs are Ls) record of 17-51-10.

There have been 3 partial seasons with him involved and it looks as if the numbers you found don't take into account that there were games played between the Wings/Blues that took place before he showed up or after he left.

Well 4-0 against the 'Hawks... as if I needed another reason to be completely obsessed about seeing the Winter Classic.

I am so looking forward to this game also.

Final score 5-2 Wings scoring for wings Z with 2, Hudler, Kronwall and Dats with two coming off the power play. As for Chics who really cares who scores.

Wish I could have watched this game but I am working but I will be off at 06:00 a.m. for the big game. Sleep until 11:00 and then enjoy over coffee and minus 20 weather outside. Ottawa is leading 3-2 over Edmonton.

I think its safe to say that the loss of Nick Lidstrom to this team is being overblown. As we saw tonight and have seen in the past, the team plays fine without him.

I guess the Lidstrom myth grew pretty large due to his consistency to stay healthy and the massive injury hit in 2006-07 that left us with Meech and Lilja as our top pairing.

The real question being, does it make sense for this team to be spending nearly fourteen million on two defenders? Especially with Ericsson and Kindl in the pipeline.

Edited by Zune

Glad the boys took this one, as I have a feeling the league will see to it that the Winter Classic is a lot closer (if you know what I mean).

The Hawks power play looked pretty good moving the puck around but the defense was extremely solid and Conklin was lights out. No odd-man rushes against that I can remember tonight and just solid in their own end all night, even without Lidstrom.

It's makes me feel alot better about when Lidstrom does decide to hang 'em up that this team realizes all they need to do is play as a cohesive *5-man unit* and everything will be fine.

I think its safe to say that the loss of Nick Lidstrom to this team is being overblown. As we saw tonight and have seen in the past, the team plays fine without him.

I guess the Lidstrom myth grew pretty large due to his consistency to stay healthy and the massive injury hit in 2006-07 that left us with Meech and Lilja as our top pairing.

The real question being, does it make sense for this team to be spending nearly fourteen million on two defenders? Especially with Ericsson and Kindl in the pipeline.

When those two defenders are Nicklas Lidstrom and Brian Rafalski, uh, yes, it does make sense.

Great game last night, lots of intensity hopefully we see that and more tomorrow

Rafalski looked very good on both the offensive and defensive sides last night

Also I like Cleary on the second line he played well again last night

I actually just looked this up myself. I came up with a combined (regular season and playoffs) record (W-L-T, OTLs are Ls) record of 17-51-10.

There have been 3 partial seasons with him involved and it looks as if the numbers you found don't take into account that there were games played between the Wings/Blues that took place before he showed up or after he left.

I was wondering about this. I've become increasingly fascinated over the years with our complete domination of any team coached by the Q. Whichever of those two records is correct (or even if it's anywhere close), that's amazing.

Also, according to my own math, the Wings have now beaten Quenneville 12 straight times, including the postseason. The last game against Colorado in '07, eight games last year, and the first three this season. Unreal. :scared:

I was wondering about this. I've become increasingly fascinated over the years with our complete domination of any team coached by the Q. Whichever of those two records is correct (or even if it's anywhere close), that's amazing.

Also, according to my own math, the Wings have now beaten Quenneville 12 straight times, including the postseason. The last game against Colorado in '07, eight games last year, and the first three this season. Unreal. :scared:

Want to fascinate yourself even further, check out how many of those last 12 have been shutouts, and how many of those have been 4+ goal games for the Wings.

Top notch work, NN.

I may dig in a bit deeper and do some analysis of the goal differential, as the above post suggests, if it doesn't turn out to be too time consuming. I remember a lot of extremely one-sided games against Q's teams.

Best site to use is hockey-reference as it gives you a nice game by game listing for every season as well as how many games were coached by who so you can figure out that so-and-so took over at the 53 game mark or whatever.

I hope you come back before you go digging, Blue.

Regular season record vs the Wings 12-35-10 (OTLs in L column). 129GF 194GA for a 2.26GFA and a 3.40GAA

Postseason record vs the Red Wings 5-16. 45GF and 71GA for a 2.14GFA and a 3.40GAA

Combined record vs the Wings. 17-51-10. 174GF and 265GA for a 2.23GFA and a 3.40GAA.

Q's lone regular season shutout vs the Wings was a 0-0 tie in '00. His regular season teams have been shut out 7 times by the Wings. Playoffs is another matter as it's 2 whitewashes both ways. The Blues skunked us twice in '97 and we skunked them twice in '02.

Q's teams scored 4+ 15 times in the 78 meetings. The Wings dumped 4+ on Q 40 times, so just over half the games.

Q's worst years are '03 and '08. '03 he went 0-5 getting outscored 10-26 and in '08 going 0-8 getting outscored 11-32.

It's amazing how even the GF/GA numbers are between regular season games and playoff games. Situation matters not. Q is our *****!