No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/8 GDT: Stars, 1 at Red Wings, 6

Rate this topic

dal.pngVS det.png

Preview- Stars at Red Wings

Recap- Stars 1, Red Wings 6

mjbkat.png

Dallas: 17-16-5, 8-10-2 Road Record, 38 pts; 4th in Pacific Division, 12th Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Defeated VAN 3-2 (SO) Recap

Detroit: 27-7-5, 14-3-2 Home Record, 59 pts; 1st in Central Division, 2nd Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Defeated CBJ 3-0 Recap

Last DAL-DET meeting: 12/12, DET 1 at DAL 3 Recap

o0ntdw.png

Goals

DAL Loui Eriksson: 20

DET Johan Franzen and Marian Hossa: 18

Assists

DAL Mike Ribeiro: 26

DET Pavel Datsyuk: 28

Plus/Minus

DAL Stephane Robidas: +8

DET Nicklas Lidstrom and Pavel Datsyuk: +18

----

DAL Niklas Grossman: -11

DET Kris Draper: -11

PIM

DAL Krys Barch: 80

DET Andreas Lilja: 34

2w6896p.png

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hudler-Zetterberg-Hossa

Cleary-Filppula-Samuelsson

Kopecky-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Lebda

Chelios, Meech scratched

2ikw5yo.png

DAL Marty Turco

16-14-5, 3.17 GAA, .882 SV %, 0 SO

DET Chris Osgood

13-2-4, 3.12 GAA, .880 SV %, 0 SO

2la34nc.png

DAL Brendan Morrow (torn acl) out, Sergei Zubov (hip) out, Joel Lundqvist (shoulder) questionable,

Landon Wilson (upper body) questionable, Fabian Brunnstrom (lower body) out

DET Darren McCarty (groin) out

610x.jpg

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Going to the game tonight, my first Wings game since moving back to MI, sooo excited!!

I'm going to be there too! It should be fun!

Watch for me on tv guys, I'll have a Wings t-shirt with the sleeves cut off Larry the Cable Guy style sportin the Wings tat and wearing my Winter Classic winter hat as well, not sure what my bro is gonna be sporting too. For you guys going, swing on by and say hello! I'll be in the lower bowl about 1/2 way up on the faceoff circle.

Pavel will get a Hattie just for Pat. He will say he received a sign from above.

Wings win.

Pasha with a "Datsyuk Hattrick" - one goal a deflected rebound off his butt, one deflected off his skate (with no kicking motion, of course), and one where Pasha dekes Turcs so bad, his goalie helmet ends up backwards.

:hehe:

Have fun, Pat!! Go, Wings!!!!

Going to be there tonight as well, a little bummed though because when I purchased this game back in Oct, it was under full impression I'd be able to watch Avery and his antics. Oh well, still get to see the Wings up close again and hoping for a 4-1 win. Dats, Hank, Clears, Mule and I'll give 1 to Richards. Have fun at the game for everyone else that is attending!!

Per MLive -

"Update from Wednesday's practice: Center Valtteri Filppula didn't skate due to a hip injury that coach Mike Babcock said was no big deal and won't keep him out of Thursday's game against Dallas. Filppula took a knee in the hip/thigh area behind the Detroit net during the second period of Tuesday's game against Columbus but managed to finish the game.

Derek Meech took Filppula's spot on the line with Jiri Hudler and Mikael Samuelsson in practice. The other lines remained the same."

Current Streaks - Season

Overall: 4-Game Winning Streak (2 shutouts)

Home: 5-Game Winning Streak (3 shutouts).

Current Streaks vs. Dallas

Overall: 1-Game Losing Streak

Home: 2-Game Winning Streak.

Record on this Date

January 8

This is the 31st game played on this date.

The Club's record in the previous 30 games:

17W-9L-4T.

LGW.

Turco probably couldn't sleep last night after watching Datsyuk's moves the last two games. If Datsyuk embarassed him before, imagine what Super-Datsyuk is going to do.

Probably too busy washing his jockstrap to sleep. Mama always said to make sure you wear clean underwear just in case you're in an accident.

Babs is not sure which goalie to play. After checking in the latest goalie thread on LGW, he decides that the starter will be decided in a very scientific manner. OZ and Conks will have to "thumb wrestle" for the spot tonite. Oz has the advantage as he is right handed, but Conks has undefeated thumbs with several shutouts lately.

Score is 1 - 1 in the 3rd. Wings score 4 unanswered goals with 7 minutes left.

Wings win 5 - 1

I will be in JayUp88's seats. Thanks, man.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

The Red Wings will come out flying tonight and brutally punish the Stars for letting them slip past us early in the season. Dats, Zatta, Lids, Kronner, and Stu will all put pucks past Turco, and Homer will have one disallowed. Unfortunately for the Stars, the refs bias won't matter in the end, as Ozzie only lets one squeaker off the stick of Modano slip past him, and the Red Wings cruise to a 5-1 victory on home ice.

Guest mindfly
Chris Chelios and Derek Meech will be healthy scratches, meaning that Andreas Lilja returns to the lineup after a one-game absence