• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Dallas Stars 5, Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

Here's the capper, Sparky....

YOU didn't lose a damned thing! While YOU were at home, in your Red Wings footie pajamas, sipping on your Yoo-hoo! and waiting for mommy to bring you another plateful of the chicken nuggets shaped like little dinosaurs.....

The MEN, the RED WINGS, were out there playin' hockey. And with the exception of a very few of them, Chris Osgood chief amongst, they were doing so very poorly.

You wanna more active role in the "we" of the Detroit Red Wings? Lace 'em up and strap 'em on, Sonny Jim.

Until then, try to remember where YOU are sitting while THEY are Playing.

Capice?

well said.

82 games a year, no matter how good a team is, you are bound to have a game like today. Stars are a desperate team in need of the 2 points. Wait a few days and see how meaningless this loss really is.

well said.

82 games a year, no matter how good a team is, you are bound to have a game like today. Stars are a desperate team in need of the 2 points. Wait a few days and see how meaningless this loss really is.

I agree, but we have head plenty of them this season already (though many of them have turned out to be wins somehow), remember, the season didn't start with 6 or 7 games ago.

Edited by Yzermania

Ozzy should take the time out to kick every one of his teammates in the balls personally after this game with the exception of Datsyuk... Move on after that though and win the next game of course...

Agreed. Downey and Darren Helm.

The fourth line currently has no energy. Those two guys would fix that immediately.

Absolutely. Helm has the speed that Draper has lost and Downey is the physical player that the 4th line now lacks. No one to throw their weight around right now, no one to create a spark.

I dont know if anyone mentioned it or noticed it but when they showed the selke winners with Datsyuk last year and Draper in 04 (I think?).. And I almost laughed.. then i realised how sad it was that 5 years ago Draper won the selke and now the only thing he brings to the team is... faceoffs.. what is he now.. -10 or 11?.. I know there is some values in the wings system that says keep the veterans around but at some point you have got to move on.. if you can keep Chelios out of the line-up then why cant we take out Draper and Maltby and bring in Helm and Downey.. i know the cap room isnt there but theres gotta be a way to fix the 4th line..

Edited by GSBrooks13

I would argue that anyone who argues that osgood didn't f*** up there on a mastodonic scale there is a moron.

thought I read this wrong for second.... really?!

no, in all seriousness...... REALLY?!

I despair the species... 44 saves with at least 3 or 4 being all but guaranteed goals...

I agree, but we have head plenty of them this season already (though many of them have turned out to be wins somehow), remember, the season didn't start with 6 or 7 games ago.

Cant argue that, but the Wings are still among the best in the league. Even with their flaws, they find ways to win. The whole organization has realized that they have flaws and have been working to improve them. We have the skill, we have seen the determination. When those two are firing on all cylinders, I do believe they cannot be stopped (and we’ve seen it)

I have to give props to the stars though. This was like a playoff game to them, and they played like it. They should have won in regulation (thanks Ozzie)

osgood made 44 saves which is a good stat, and dispite allowing 5 goals at times he made some good saves.

This though is my problem. has anyone else noticed something familiar with all of his "amazing" saves??? lately he has been making hasek look like a stand up goalie. he just flops completley slop ass and out of control no matter the situation. the glove save he made did not need the cartwheel, and the save/disallowed goal he had was made with a reckless flip and a half where he could of easily dropped to butter fly.

he seems one of two things:

he is afraid to actually put his whole body in front of the puck,

or he knows if he flops around post to post the bad goals look like he did all he could do, and his easy saves look better smacking it out of the air then just playing smart and taking the saves to the chest or pad in a position that makes him ready for a rebound.

i think it's the ladder, but he is doing it so much now i am almost to the point where i think it is both

osgood made 44 saves which is a good stat, and dispite allowing 5 goals at times he made some good saves.

This though is my problem. has anyone else noticed something familiar with all of his "amazing" saves??? lately he has been making hasek look like a stand up goalie. he just flops completley slop ass and out of control no matter the situation. the glove save he made did not need the cartwheel, and the save/disallowed goal he had was made with a reckless flip and a half where he could of easily dropped to butter fly.

or he knows if he flops around post to post the bad goals look like he did all he could do, and his easy saves look better smacking it out of the air then just playing smart and taking the saves to the chest or pad in a position that makes him ready for a rebound.

i think it's the ladder, but he is doing it so much now i am almost to the point where i think it is both

There is a HUGE difference between Osgood's great saves and Hasek. Diving across an open net to make a save isn't a flop. Hasek's snow angels, getting hit by the puck and laying flat down, those are flops.

100% disagree with everything you said... i will keep it at that.

I couldn't disagree more with everything you've said.

He's not "flopping" like Dom used to. Dom used to roll around on the ice, throwing body parts around, will he, nill he, in order to stop the puck, and then rolled around in the crease like a fish outta water. Osgood's diving cross ice, into a different area code, because his Defenseman don't have the open man covered, so he's forced to save their rears.

He had plenty of the "drop down into the butter fly" (???) types of saves tonight. He simply had many of the "spectacular" variety, as well.

As for the "ladder" (are you kidding me?) portion of your post, Osgood has always been one of the calmest goaltenders in the League. He doesn't embellish saves, he doesn't make the easy saves look hard.

He's always had a habit of making the hard saves look easy. That's the major reason he's never gotten, (nor ever will get), the credit he deserves.

I think you need to watch the game again...

There is a HUGE difference between Osgood's great saves and Hasek. Diving across an open net to make a save isn't a flop. Hasek's snow angels, getting hit by the puck and laying flat down, those are flops.

please tell me how the disallowed goal, and the overtime goal were not complete snow angels. at least hasek's worked enough to keep his GAA below 3 and change. also, besides diving across the net how about a controled side ways slide in the butterfly position, or even standing and just taking a stride to the side. that overtime goal is the flop im talking about. it easily could of been controled by making a less "great" save by putting his body in front instead of floping swinging the stick and then doing what i guess is called now "great" snow angels.

correct, he didn't. But osgood did.

Yes. He did. And his Teammates should be ashamed of themselves for that fact.

Osgood is the only reason the Wings skated out of Dallas with a point tonight.

So yes. "Osgood Lost" this game.

Kindly remember to hold the same philosophy every time he "Wins", which happens much more frequently than not.

Also might do to remember that Osgood was better in this loss than some people, (I won't mention any names), will ever be at anything they attempt to do with their lives, "dispite" what you might think.

You can take the former point, or you can take the "ladder".

Your choice.

if i was as computer savvy as the majority of you, i would put together a highlight reel of his ebelished saves and post it. But explain to me how his glove save for example needed the super man dive after words. and there has been so many in the past i am inspired to learn how to make one of those you tube things to show you.

and as for the arguement about the difference between hasek and osgood, why is that the focus of the counterargument when you all know the difference in ridiculous playing styles has nothing to do with the arguement. Oh i guess hasek does different flops so that makes lotty difference to anything. my point is osgoods flops are currently causing goals and rebounds when making more conservative saves would be wiser in my opinion.

please tell me how the disallowed goal, and the overtime goal were not complete snow angels. at least hasek's worked enough to keep his GAA below 3 and change. also, besides diving across the net how about a controled side ways slide in the butterfly position, or even standing and just taking a stride to the side. that overtime goal is the flop im talking about. it easily could of been controled by making a less "great" save by putting his body in front instead of floping swinging the stick and then doing what i guess is called now "great" snow angels.

watch any hockey game and you'll see a goaltender out of position on his back, that doesn't make it a Hasek flop. That was Hasek's style, watch the 07 playoffs, puck hits him, he lays down. Osgood played the whole game in his butterfly except to make 3 or 4 miraculous diving saves and when he got caught out of position for the final tally. So I'm assuming the save Conklin made on Peca the other night was a Hasek-esque flop too eh?

Do you honestly thing any other goaltender in the league could have played lights out with the amount of not only shots but quality, all-but-guaranteed chances Osgood saw tonite? See you again in fairweather, fan.

I don't give a s*** what anyone thinks of Osgood's play tonight, we don't deserve to win that game no matter who we have in goal. Period. Not a game to blame on the goalie.

btw... I wouldn't blame Osgood for overplaying or diving too much in this game. 40 ******* shots in the last two periods. By the end of the game he probably thought he had to do it all himself.

I hope the Wings remember the whole '60 minute' thing for the rest of the road trip.

Edited by digitaljohn88