• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Dallas Stars 5, Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

I just found out James Laurinaitis is in my group project for class. Guess I better get started on doing twice as much work....

Sorry, I couldn't resist since you go to osu and I go to Michigan... Laurinaitis sounds like an illness. Everytime I hear that name it makes me laugh :).... at least I guess, you have a respectable football team.

Zetterberg was awesome. He said up Hossa AND Cleary twice for what should've been an easy tip in, and single-handedly killed off half of the 4 min PK with his awesome kill.

Its pretty easy to see why. Zetterberg isn't a playmaker, but hes stuck being the playmaker on that line. Hossa does his own thing, and Cleary is an overrated finisher.

Its also the reason why Datsyuk is scoring more goals this season than in seasons past. Z used to be the ones finishing off Datsyuks set ups, but Franzen and Homer - contrary to popular belief - arent the finishers that Zetterberg is.

All is true. However Datysuk and Homer need to play together, and I doubt Franzen and Hossa would play that well together. Even still, if Zetterberg can't produce without Datsyuk, he ain't worth more then 6.7 million.

Is it even possible to send any of the 4th liners to Grand Rapids to bring other people up? Wouldn't be a bad time to give other people some time, since Kopetsky and company are wasting their opportunity.

Guest nutz2u

We sure get a lot of lip service about playing better defence, but that's all it is...........................I still say they need to trade Sammy AND LEBDA for picks to get some wiggle room and bring up a couple guys so they can do a few healthy scratches. Maybe that will get their attention. Pitiful game. f*** it, I'm going to bed.

No offense, and I say this with all due respect, but you....

Are a moron.

I would argue that anyone who argues that osgood didn't f*** up there on a mastodonic scale there is a moron.

I'm over exaggerating ont he importance of this game, but I hate losing, and losing against the stars no less, who think they've got what it takes to beat the wings. I'd rather lose 5 times to toronto or nashville than once to dallas or the sharks.

You guys need to cool your jets. The team played poorly tonight, yes, and it's just one game, that came after the Wings just ran off six straight wins and eight of ten... They were due for an off-night, and there it was.

Completely agree but this was a REALLY off night.

As for that goal, i would maybe argue it if the game was close but we were so gawdawfulll tonight i just said screw it at least this is over.

That clown celebration at the end was just funny and once again watching a game on versus caused me to Stone Cold Stunner a baby, the commentating and analysis really had me looking for a shank.

I would very much like to see Downey in the lineup next game.

Edited by Yak19

All is true. However Datysuk and Homer need to play together, and I doubt Franzen and Hossa would play that well together. Even still, if Zetterberg can't produce without Datsyuk, he ain't worth more then 6.7 million.

Is it even possible to send any of the 4th liners to Grand Rapids to bring other people up? Wouldn't be a bad time to give other people some time, since Kopetsky and company are wasting their opportunity.

I'm not really arguing with you in that I'm beginning to lean towards Datsyuk as the better player, simply because for a long time I thought the only difference between hank and Datsyuk was that Datsyuk was the better playmaker and Hank was the better goal scorer, but this season Datsyuk has definitely been able to rip off the goals, and if you ask me that comes from him not having the same kind of trust in his linemates that he did with Hank.

That said, I don't understand Zetterberg's line AT ALL. The guys don't have any chemistry. Hossa and Hank is a detriment more often than not and if you ask me, it brings BOTH players down. Not to mention, all Z does game in and game out is hustle. Hes CONSTANTLY moving. Hossa...I saw it a few times tonight alone...is a little prone to floating. But my opinion about Hossa hasn't really changed much in that regard. I simply don't think he fits the Wings system as much as some seem to think he does.

Watch this and you'll feel better:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /> Edited by P. Marlowe

:lol: He's Swedish right? :shifty:

So is that Muppet Chef... :unsure:

Hell. The guy who fixed my laptop is Pakistani and his wife is Chinese. That makes their daughter "Pakinese".

So what would both of your children be?

Edited by Rivalred

I am so fed up with our fourth line. They are so awful, it's pathetic. They don't provide energy or any offense. They chase the puck around in their own zone almost every shift and get scored on or take a penalty very frequently. Draper and Maltby have some great memories here, but they aren't remotely productive anymore. Kopecky is one of the worst hockey players ever.

Real bad effort tonight from everyone not named Osgood, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Hossa or Holmstrom. I feel bad for Ozzie - that was the poorest defensive effort from a Red Wings team in a long time. The Red Wings have a real problem getting the puck out of their own zone. The defense stood around and watched the entire game.

Lucky to get a point. I thought this team had finally put the defensive lapses behind them. Hopefully we'll see some focus on Wednesday and the rest of the road trip.

One last thing ... Derek Meech is so much better than Brett Lebda.

Edited by GoWings1905

That said, I don't understand Zetterberg's line AT ALL. The guys don't have any chemistry. Hossa and Hank is a detriment more often than not and if you ask me, it brings BOTH players down. Not to mention, all Z does game in and game out is hustle. Hes CONSTANTLY moving. Hossa...I saw it a few times tonight alone...is a little prone to floating. But my opinion about Hossa hasn't really changed much in that regard. I simply don't think he fits the Wings system as much as some seem to think he does.

I totally agree. But I don't understand. Last year anytime a player was having problems, Babs would notoriously put him on a line with Hank. That was his go to plan. Maybe Hank's injured? Remember Ozzie was simply adequate when the year started? Then he rested up and now he's stellar. It's a theory.

Nights like tonite make me furious, good thing I don't have my finger on the button. Hate to see Ozzy play out of his mind tonite and have the team in front of him hang him out to dry. Only Datsyuk and Osgood showed up, pretty pathetic. Near 50 shots against, and many of Ozzy's saves were disgusting, really sad he didn't get any help.... Babcock better tear everyone a new ******* after this one and they better be at least half as pissed when they play the Ducks as I am right now.

Ewwww... anything with mindfly DNA would not be pretty, just due to the overall pessimism he displays (sorry HR40).

No it's cool. But listen...all that matters is looks. Why do you think I'm a Hank fan? Mindfly, if you're hot, I forgive all your idiocy.

Sorry, I couldn't resist since you go to osu and I go to Michigan... Laurinaitis sounds like an illness. Everytime I hear that name it makes me laugh :).... at least I guess, you have a respectable football team.

It does sound like a disease, which is why everyone he hits feel sick for a few days.

Seriously, it's cool and all, I'm a little worried about my grade now.

In other news Conks had the #1 play of the week on VS for his save on Peca

Good for Conks. I enjoy watching him play. I see it as the same situaon as last year, the back up who knows he is perfectly competent so tries to, and often does outshine the starter. I mean that in no way as a dig against Ozzy, because he was in that situation last year with Dom ahead of him and it obviously led to great things in the end.

No it's cool. But listen...all that matters is looks. Why do you think I'm a Hank fan? Mindfly, if you're hot, I forgive all your idiocy.

It's about time a woman is honest about that.

I've always believed that women are secretly more shallow than men.