• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Dallas Stars 5, Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

After reeling off six straight dominating wins, I think we can cut the guys some slack...

It's a shame though, because Ozzie deserved better. The Wings didn't, though, and were definitely out played for 40+ minutes tonight. I don't know why they collapsed back into a defensive shell and didn't try to go out and win it after Datsyuk scored an amazing goal, but they didn't. They sat back and that's a recipe for disaster every time.

Well said sir. Agree 100% :thumbup:

Ugh, seeing the replay of that Osgood made a huge blunder leaving the net, I'm not pinning it on him, but that was god awful. No excuse for 50 SOG though.

and once he left the net and he had it in between his torso and arm, he couldn't cover it? That's what I don't get.

Ozzie made some HUGE saves tonight and kept us in the game but at the same time gave up some HUGE rebounds and was pretty bad position wise, though the whole team was so I'm not sayin it's ozzie's fault by any means, I just don't think he deserves the praise he s getting. The third goal I believe it was? the puck was in the back of the net and he was still hugging his post, that's ridiculous. The whole team was pretty terrible tonight aside from pavs, though I saw one pretty bad turnover from him as well, but it didn't end up costing us.

Just because his glove touched it doesn't mean it's in his possession.

Well, I'm not gonna waste my time discussing the legality of an OT goal when the Wings allow 50 SOG anyhow. Part of me wanted to win it for Ozzie but the rest of me is happy they lost for being bums, so they can get their asses grilled before they face better teams like Anahiem and San Jose.

It's not his fault it went to OT, but it's his fault that goal went in. That goal wins the game. It's osgood's fault.

Osgood looked amazing this game but he does this over-commiting s*** ALL THE TIME. This time it hurt us, and it hurt us big.

No offense, and I say this with all due respect, but you....

Are a moron.

Hard fought game, fun one to watch. But they were out of for a lot of the night.

Should have had the game, but 1 point is horrible.

You must be a hockey purist, who enjoys watching no matter what. I guess I'm the opposite - I feel like I just wasted the entire evening, watching a bunch of millionaires who can't even give a good days work for a good days pay. A little too harsh - yeah, perhaps, considering their record. Still would have been more fun to watch if we had a Probert-type, who could take care of business and make watching a loss worthwhile. The biggest thing that pisses me off is that, with the game on the line, I'm seeing guys like Stuart, Filipula, out there fumbling the game away. SHouldn't Babcock shorten the bench in situations like this???

No, we just got outplayed. We didn't have the defensive breakdowns we had earlier this year, and our offense didn't feel like showing up (Dats excluded). Did you watch the first three months?

Duh, how does that contradict what I said?

:D

The guys got outplayed because they were standing around and having breakdowns defensively.

Can we also cut our entire 4th line?

There have to be some guys in GR that will try.

Man, Maltby and Draper are not what they used to be. Maltby looks lost and Draper has lost one of his main weapons, speed. Let Helm generate some energy on the 4th line.

Regardless, the whole team looked awful tonight (with the exception of Datsyuk and Osgood, maybe Hank too). They didn't deserve to win this game tonight. Wouldn't have felt good about it either way. Not how you want to start a road trip but Babcock can get them back up.

Datysuk was +3, 3 points. Pffft, Hossa and Zetterberg don't deserve a penny more then Pavel. He's better then both those 2 by miles.

Zetterberg was awesome. He said up Hossa AND Cleary twice for what should've been an easy tip in, and single-handedly killed off half of the 4 min PK with his awesome kill.

Its pretty easy to see why. Zetterberg isn't a playmaker, but hes stuck being the playmaker on that line. Hossa does his own thing, and Cleary is an overrated finisher.

Its also the reason why Datsyuk is scoring more goals this season than in seasons past. Z used to be the ones finishing off Datsyuks set ups, but Franzen and Homer - contrary to popular belief - arent the finishers that Zetterberg is.

Zetterberg was awesome. He said up Hossa AND Cleary twice for what should've been an easy tip in, and single-handedly killed off half of the 4 min PK with his awesome kill.

Its pretty easy to see why. Zetterberg isn't a playmaker, but hes stuck being the playmaker on that line. Hossa does his own thing, and Cleary is an overrated finisher.

Its also the reason why Datsyuk is scoring more goals this season than in seasons past. Z used to be the ones finishing off Datsyuks set ups, but Franzen and Homer - contrary to popular belief - arent the finishers that Zetterberg is.

See! I told you Datsyuk is a product of the system!

It's not his fault it went to OT, but it's his fault that goal went in. That goal wins the game. It's osgood's fault.

Osgood looked amazing this game but he does this over-commiting s*** ALL THE TIME. This time it hurt us, and it hurt us big.

at least he isnt toskala.