• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Dallas Stars 5, Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Hankrules40

I didn't even have to check your user profile to know that you were a female.. the way you write and express yourself, really awkwardly naive and a proper homer tag on you.. haha :P not very realistic are you?

Edited by mindfly

Hankrules40

I didn't even have to check your user profile to know that you were a female.. the way you write and express yourself, really awkwardly naive and a proper homer tag on you.. haha :P not very realistic are you?

Sometimes personality just flows through the words right? In the same way everyone can tell you're a strange, lonely, negative, little emo kid that enjoys disappointment and writes poems about cutting himself but will never have the balls to do it.

emofatty.jpg

Hankrules40

And I didn't have to check your user profile to know that you were an ass hole.

Also, punkin, it's HenrikRules40.

Do you need a hug? It's my professional medical opinion that you need a psychiatric evaluation. I'd be happy to hold your hand through it all. Even though you're rude and condescending and childish, I think I see what you really mean. You have a crush on me. I get it. It's cool. But your defense mechanism is paper thin sweetheart. Friends? Come on...tell me who your favorite Red Wing is.

Sometimes personality just flows through the words right? In the same way everyone can tell you're a strange, lonely, negative, little emo kid that enjoys disappointment and writes poems about cutting himself but will never have the balls to do it.

emofatty.jpg

Dont you think you're taking it a little far? Posting pictures of his mom isn't helping anyone.

Guest mindfly
And I didn't have to check your user profile to know that you were an ass hole.

Also, punkin, it's HenrikRules40.

Do you need a hug? It's my professional medical opinion that you need a psychiatric evaluation. I'd be happy to hold your hand through it all. Even though you're rude and condescending and childish, I think I see what you really mean. You have a crush on me. I get it. It's cool. But your defense mechanism is paper thin sweetheart. Friends? Come on...tell me who your favorite Red Wing is.

I just want to watch some good and exciting hockey, therefore i usually like watching detroit play, when the decide to play, and get frustrated when they ain't even trying (for like 75% of the dallas game), i wonder who the normal person is..

My favourite red wing, easily nicklas lidström, but my other favourite players are ovechkin, kovalev etc... i guess i ain't a real fan... i just want to watch good hockey weather its detroit, washington, san jose or montreal who is playing.

I just want to watch some good and exciting hockey, therefore i usually like watching detroit play, when the decide to play, and get frustrated when they ain't even trying (for like 75% of the dallas game), i wonder who the normal person is..

My favourite red wing, easily nicklas lidström, but my other favourite players are ovechkin, kovalev etc... i guess i ain't a real fan... i just want to watch good hockey weather its detroit, washington, san jose or montreal who is playing.

Wait...seriously? Are you serious? Did you just imply that I'm abnormal because I'm a Wings fan? On a website devoted entirely to the Red Wings? What's your problem? Your masochistic tendencies are mind-boggling. Why are you even here?

WTF?? How does this relate to the quoted post?

Let's forget Detroit for just a second, and answer me this: Do you honestly believe its possible (or even realistic) for any team at any level to play hard every second of every game?

You make it seem like the Wings pick and choose different times to give a s***. That's not how it works and anyone that truly watches/plays the game enough understands that. Momentum swings are a massive part of sports.

Guest mindfly

It's not very likely no, but given their hot streak, 6 straight wins, tight defense,.. this game was a total let down in every aspect of the game.. i accept that wings are loosing if they play good or even average but this loss was just embarassing..it was hard to watch because nothing worked.

It's not very likely no, but given their hot streak, 6 straight wins, tight defense,.. this game was a total let down in every aspect of the game.. i accept that wings are loosing if they play good or even average but this loss was just embarassing..it was hard to watch because nothing worked.

Then stop watching.

Being in complete control of the game throughout the first period (aside from one screened/deflected goal), controlling the first half of the third and putting up 4 goals on the road is far from "nothing working".

As for the defense, it was poor (especially the second period), but you're missing my point. The fact is, the Wings played 6 straight fully solid games coming into this one. Do you realistically expect any team to play at that level at all times during a season without a single letdown? Do you realize how unrealistic that is?

I know you're new to hockey and have a hard time reading situations, but why are you surprised by this performance? I'm pretty pleased we got a point. Dallas is after all, contrary to popular opinion, a good hockey team.

You just don't undersand NHL hockey. You need to learn more mindfly.

Guest mindfly
Being in complete control of the game throughout the first period (aside from one screened/deflected goal), controlling the first half of the third and putting up 4 goals on the road is far from "nothing working".

As for the defense, it was poor (especially the second period), but you're missing my point. The fact is, the Wings played 6 straight fully solid games coming into this one. Do you realistically expect any team to play at that level at all times during a season without a single letdown? Do you realize how unrealistic that is?

Hmm bruins haven't had a letdown like this, they have lost a few games but they still was pretty average in those losses, san jose had one let down in the 6-0 loss to detroit... wings have had atleast 5 major letdowns

Guest mindfly
I know you're new to hockey and have a hard time reading situations, but why are you surprised by this performance? I'm pretty pleased we got a point. Dallas is after all, contrary to popular opinion, a good hockey team.

You just don't undersand NHL hockey. You need to learn more mindfly.

Do you never sleep in "oz" ?

Hmm bruins haven't had a letdown like this, they have lost a few games but they still was pretty average in those losses, san jose had one let down in the 6-0 loss to detroit... wings have had atleast 5 major letdowns

What do you consider a "letdown", because I can guarantee you throughout both Boston and SJ's seasons they've had much more than just one "letdown". I've watched the Sharks plenty and they've had other poor games aside from the 6-0 loss to Detroit that they've not only lost, but some they were lucky to win. The same goes for the Bruins.

You're just more critical of the Wings because it seems as though you're one of those people that likes to think the worst so they aren't as disappointed if their favorite team doesn't win. That way of viewing the game also makes for a distorted view because you're only looking for one thing. I know you haven't watched the Bruins or the Sharks with this mindset because I've seen much more than just one example from both of them that would fall under what you would call a "letdown".

And yet here they are within spitting distance of the best record in the league... Seriously, what's the matter with you? You are so obviously spoiled by the Wings' success that you take a handful of regular season losses personally.

What's more, you make a ridiculous argument for the B's; their losses are "average" and Detroit's losses are "letdowns." Uhh, they're all worth zero points aren't they?

Why would you want the wings to lose only if the play good? That would mean our good wasn't good enough. The best part about the wings is that our bad is generally better than other teams really good. We played s***ty, and got a point out of a game from a team that gave us all they had. I'm okay with this.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Guest Shoreline

Horse. s***. You have not even SEEN the Sharks losses, never mind even did your homework and check their losses via Yahoo/TSN/ESPN/CBC. It's clear you only watch the Wings, and while I'm hard on the team you are just ridiculous. Here, let me help you:

Sharks: Choked against the Coyotes, played s***ty D against the Flames, got dominated in a 4-0 shutout loss to the Ducks, lost in clutch time to the Panthers, couldn't get a whole mess of shots past Dan Ellis and the Preds to lose in OT, lost to the BJ's the night before they lost to the Wings in a shutout and were lucky the score was only 2-1 (badly outplayed), scored a clutch goal against Minny only to lose in OT, couldn't hold a lead and lost in the SO against the Blues, lost their lead against the Oilers in clutch time late in the 3rd and lost in OT shortly after, recently dominated by the Flames who opened a 4-0 lead. You're telling me NONE of these were letdowns? No, this sounds just like the problems the Wings have had.

Bruins: Recently shut out 1-0 by the Wild, couldn't stop the Sabres from scoring early and often in THREE defensive lapses including one choke so they lost 3 games vs the Sabres, were dominated by Ovechkin and goalie Brent Johnson in a loss to the Caps, completely choked late in the game against the Rangers having a 2-0 lead, were dominated in a single period and couldn't come back to win against the Flames (looks like the Flames have had a piece of both the Sharks and Bruins alike), lost a close one in the shootout to the Penguins, played two lackadaisical periods against Minnesota and couldn't come back on one period alone (looks like Minny also got the best of both these teams you praise), were winning 2-0 against the Leafs in the 1st period and completely fell apart allowing 4 straight goals to lose 4-2, and couldn't overcome a first period lapse to lose in the SO.

Of the teams that beat both the Bruins and Sharks so far this season, Minnesota and Calgary, the Wings are 3-0 total against them both. I will reiterate that both these teams have the same problems as the Wings. While I have watched only a couple Bruins games, I have watched a lot of the Sharks (they are the local team), and the Sharks have had the same defensive problems the Wings have had, just at different times of the season.

Your complaints are ridiculous, and here is proof, just before Game 6 of the SCF (Wings weren't even in the situation of being eliminated, and were on the verge of winning a cup, for f***s sake):

My calculations say that wings have a 40% chance of winning the cup tonight...would've been about 30% if O'GOALIEINTERFERENCE'Halloran would have been the official for tonight.

Come on lads, be realistic, some folks here are really confident just saying something like "WINGS WILL WIN", well its not that simple, its a huge battle out there and either team could win, if wings have a good day with the officials we could win, however thats not gonna happen.

.. where have I seen the bold before? You're pulling for the Wings to lose almost every game. If the Wings lost every game you predicted them to lose, they'd have the #1 draft pick and never have won the SCF last season. Figure out that your excessive amount of pessimism is a ******* drag and obviously people are going to be irritated by it.

Edited by Shoreline

Mindfly, you just got raped by knowledge. This is why I keep saying little fella, learn about hockey first. You're too new to the game to make these judgments, which is why you're always so wrong.

Edited by Doggy