• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Dallas Stars 5, Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

36/39 (.923%) with a lot of great saves in the last two periods to even secure us a point. Did the last goal suck a little bit? Yes. Would we have gone down and scored for the win? Probably not. It was embarrassing how much they dominated us in the last 42 minutes of play.

Datsyuk and Osgood are the only reason this game wasn't a 7-2 blowout in regulation.

I feel this thread has run it's course, so goodnight LGW. :) GO WINGS, come back strong and play a full game in Anaheim!

Slow down. Who the f*** do you think you are to make assumptions about how I live my life? I go to school full time and work five days a week and pay my own ******* bills, I'm not a god damn child. Don't talk down to me when you know nothing. I missed half the game at work. You're blatant disrespect is amazing. I hate to play the internet tough guy s*** but say that trash to my face and see how I react.

Well then.....where to begin.....

Fair enough. If you missed half the Game, how can you comment on it? By the time you got home, the goaltender who was minding the nets for your Team was probably exhausted, after having been besieged for the better part of the Game, while most of the rest of the Team was busy getting their nails done. Or were you expecting him to be fresh and rosey into Overtime, as the Wings were giving up more shots in this Game than they had in any Game since 1989. For the record.

That's 20 years. Yes. Twenty Years.

Who are you to pass judgement on how any of these guys played? Like I said, lace 'em up and strap 'em on. Barring that, at the very least recognize that the guy you've chosen to roast, and his play tonight, on any of the goals scored against him, was the last thing that you, as a fan, should be criticizing.

His play, (along with that of Datsyuk), is the only reason the Wings got a point, at all.

Secondly. Few are a bigger wings fan than I am. I strive to watch every game I can, and I love few things more than going to the Joe to see a game. I'd figure someone so amazing and yourself would understand that sports teams belong to their fans. Where are the Detroit Red Wings without their loyal fans? No where. Don't begin to think otherwise, the red wings are MY. team. Now I'm not some slap happy "everything is always perfect" over positive fan, but nor am I an over-negative fan. I point out the facts. How much of a role I play in the Detroit Red Wings is completely irrelevant. I can sit on my ass all I want, just because I'm not playing on the ice doesn't mean I'm not entitled to my opinion.

Again....fair enough.

Recognize that you don't have any say in the matter of Wins and/or Losses, any more than you have any say over trades, or salary, or who stays and goes with this Team.

So recognize this also, if you will.....

As much as you "hate losing", to the Stars, or the Leafs, or the Preds, or the Sharks, or anyone else for that matter....

Your "hatred" pales in comparison to that of the guys who actually leave their blood, sweat, and guts out there. They lost the game. You lost nothing. Just phantom bragging rights to say that the guys you cheer for got beaten by the guys someone else cheers for.

Lastly, if you find yourself capable of understanding, I'm not bitching about osgood's play in general. For the most part tonight he was great. My gripe lies in the OT goal. Can you really say he played that as perfectly as possible? You can't even say he played that better than average. He DASHED out from the blue when the dallas player came down in the slot and he moved around osgood which resulted in a goal. This isn't an isolated incident. He does this all the time, and I cringe every time. All it takes is someone who has watched a video of Osgood's play and realize that when ever you put your head down for a slap shot osgood over commits. Most of the time it works out. What if this was overtime of game seven in the playoffs which someone suggested in this thread? What would you say then? Would it be no big? If this was Game 7 of the WCF, would you be perfectly fine with Osgood's over-commitment which resulted in the goal?

Did he play it "as perfectly as possible"? Undoubtedly no. The guy had, at that time, faced nearly 50 shots, and been on the wrong side of a shooting gallery out there from the drop of the puck to start the 2nd period. When he saw the opposing player busing through TWO of his Teammates, he probably wasn't thinking of the most "logical" way to play the puck. He wasn't thinking at all. He was just stopping the puck. Try to remember that the guy doesn't play in a vacuum, either. Could he have played it better?

I don't know. I'm not a goaltender. And I certainly wasn't the one who fought off 45-50 shots tonight, in a game where my defense left me hanging out to dry no matter how many great saves I made.

I'll tell you what though....

Had Lebda not turned the puck over right in front of Osgood, or had the TWO Wings, (Flip and Lebda....again), who got turned inside out on the original rush, when Osgood made the initial save, (a save which was called "miraculous" by the Versus announcers), only to have TWO Stars fall on top of him, had either of them played it at least decently, let alone "as perfectly as possible", or had Kronner been able to keep track of the one man he was responisible for, (Daley), not even "as perfectly as possible", just "decently"......

Then we wouldn't be discussing how Osgood was caught out of position on the GWG, after having made a "miraculous" save on the initial shot.

Fair enough?

Edited by Outsider

All it takes is someone who has watched a video of Osgood's play and realize that when ever you put your head down for a slap shot osgood over commits. Most of the time it works out. What if this was overtime of game seven in the playoffs which someone suggested in this thread? What would you say then? Would it be no big? If this was Game 7 of the WCF, would you be perfectly fine with Osgood's over-commitment which resulted in the goal?

If you don't get my connection, I'm not bothered so much by losing against dallas, I'm worried that something like this will happen in the playoffs when it matters dearly.

Wait a minute....

You mean something along the lines of a goaltender coming out to the blue line to take a player out at the knees in order to stop him on a breakaway?

Is that the type of "Most of the times it works" type of play you're talking about?

With all due respect, this was NOT Overtime in a Game 7 of the WCF. It was game 42(?) of the regular season, against Dallas. And all they lost.....

Was a point. A point they didn't deserve in the first place, and which was only garnered by the strong play of the guy you're slamming for playing the last shot, (in your mind), "less than perfectly".

Any questions you have about Osgood's ability to get the job done when the Games really matter should have been answered last Post Season.

And if they weren't?

I'd submit that you weren't paying attention while he was busy Winning YOU the Cup.

Edited by Outsider

Well like I said, I'm not criticizing or passing judgement on anyone or anything (in fact if you're interested enough, you'll find that I defended Stuart on one of dallas's goals) except osgood on the GWG. I completely agree with you when you say Ozzie and Datsyuk were the only reason we got at least one point. Again, I agree, I don't disagree. You are correct. Osgood got us into OT. I wasn't criticising Osgood or any player over the whole game. JUST osgood on the GWG. That's all. Nothing more. I've said this multiple times. Please don't misconstrue what I say further.

You also bring up a very good point in terms of our defensive play on the GWG. BUT the turnover didn't produce a 5 on 0 which would have been impossible to stop anyway, Osgood drove himself out of position in his over commitment, which is something I see from him a lot. And again you have a point, maybe ozzie was only at half mast after facing 48 shots or however many it was. It's a legitimate excuse.

And you're right, there is no way, short of finding where Osgood lives (any tips? :D) and informing him myself, that I can have any affect on anything with the red wings. I'm doomed to waddle in my own misery. And I'm also sure that the wings aren't less upset than myself. I'm not insinuating any of this, but frankly, it's irrelevant to what I'm saying anyway.

On an ending note, there is a difference between being witty and being a completely and utterly disrespectful jackass. Determine where that line is and decide where you want to reside. If it's the latter, then you're no better than the people who DO roast Osgood tonight.

You mean something along the lines of a goaltender coming out to the blue line to take a player out at the knees in order to stop him on a breakaway?

Is that the type of "Most of the times it works" type of play you're talking about?

If you're referring to what Dom did last year against Minnesota (a game I had the pleasure of seeing in person), there are a few things I'll make note of, not that it's relevant anyway. First, Dom was playing in a 5-0 shutout at that point in time. Second, it was a breakaway. It was Gaborick (sp?). He had an excellent chance of scoring anyway. It's a different situation. If Dom tries something like that in osgood's place I'll say the same things I'm saying about Osgood. If Conklin does the same thing as Osgood I'll ***** at conklin. If you're implying that this has anything to do with the name on the back of the jersey you're sorely mistaken.

And with that my participation in this discussion ends. There is nothing I can say that I haven't said. I'll give you the pleasure of the last word if you wish.

Edited by Z and D for the C

I'm not sure whats worse. THe fact that we gave up 49 (Fourty Nine) shots, or the childish bickering on these boards over the last one.

Oh, and Pavel Datsyuk is a hockey god.

Hankrules40, you're a female arent you?

Amazing how Kronwall can go from a 0+3 +4 night to pure s***... how is that even possible?

Dude- don't screw with Rabs. She'll eat you alive and I'll laugh while she does it.

Guest E_S_A_D

Tonight was a classic example. Our team was tentative due to their aggressive play on the opposing side. We didn't want to get hit, so we gave up a lot of pucks. When we did that we had to hold, trip, obstruct, etc. instead of legally check; hence penalties, key to the game.

Wings are clearly intimidated by scrappers like Ott. It's so evident. If we get near Turco, we're mugged, if they get near Osgood, they get a thumb and forefinger on their jersey removing them as if they are being reprimanded in church.

Guest nutz2u
LOL. As a female I respectfully disagree. I always see good looking woman with ugly men, never vice versa.

HA H, AND you never see smart Women with dumb guys, but smart guys with dumb women happends all the time... Just gotta look good

Tonight was a classic example. Our team was tentative due to their aggressive play on the opposing side. We didn't want to get hit, so we gave up a lot of pucks. When we did that we had to hold, trip, obstruct, etc. instead of legally check; hence penalties, key to the game.

Wings are clearly intimidated by scrappers like Ott. It's so evident. If we get near Turco, we're mugged, if they get near Osgood, they get a thumb and forefinger on their jersey removing them as if they are being reprimanded in church.

Where was this in the last Dallas game?

Perhaps they showed their intimidation against Detroit by letting in 6 goals...

Guest E_S_A_D
Where was this in the last Dallas game?

Perhaps they showed their intimidation against Detroit by letting in 6 goals...

It'll be okay Doc, take a deep breath.

This one hurt more than usual. I don't know why.

Maybe it was the 49 shots. Maybe because it was the first game of the road trip & I would have liked to start it off good. Maybe it's because we looked so good in the first. Maybe it's because we were up 3-1, & then 4-3 in the last minute. Maybe it's because we didn't finish it when we started OT with a powerplay. Maybe it's because I felt like our PK was finally being awesome. Maybe it's because I thought we were done with this nonredwinghockey s***. ARGH!

I am still upset over a stupid regular season game against the Stars & I don't know why.

Edited by steveyzerman

As soon as Datsyuk scored the go-ahead goal, it was nothing but laziness for the rest of the 3rd and OT.

After the first period it was nothing but laziness for the rest of the game. The Wings deserved to be blow out last night, but thanks to Datsyuk and Osgood the Wings got a point. Great to see Pav keep the roll going stronge and pisses me off to see Osgood come back the best he has been all season and have his whole team crap out on him.

The only line I saw get dominated physically was Draper's.

GARBANZO :siren:

the only cool thing that came from this game was 1 point and the VS announcer calling datsyuk a sorcerer

Datsyuk with his sorcery, Osgood with his mastadonic saves, Datsyuk being valedictorian of 'awesome school'.

VS announcers try to keep it interesting :P

Ozzie's back, I think.

50 shots against, save percentage of 0.920, and he was one of the reasons the Wings got anything out of this game.

They'll be back against Anaheim next game, and back to winning.