• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/12 GDT: Dallas Stars 5, Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

I am so fed up with our fourth line. They are so awful, it's pathetic. They don't provide energy or any offense. They chase the puck around in their own zone almost every shift and get scored on or take a penalty very frequently. Draper and Maltby have some great memories here, but they aren't remotely productive anymore. Kopecky is one of the worst hockey players ever.

Real bad effort tonight from everyone not named Osgood, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Hossa or Holmstrom. I feel bad for Ozzie - that was the poorest defensive effort from a Red Wings team in a long time. The Red Wings have a real problem getting the puck out of their own zone. The defense stood around and watched the entire game.

Lucky to get a point. I thought this team had finally put the defensive lapses behind them. Hopefully we'll see some focus on Wednesday and the rest of the road trip.

One last thing ... Derek Meech is so much better than Brett Lebda.

I honestly think - and I'm not being fatalistic here - but I think the 4th line is a make or break unit for us. They are SO bad that they cost us goals against, and when we're down, they don't provide us the energy to swing the momentum back our way if we're down a goal. We've had a LOT of goals scored against us this season by the opposition's 4th line, and thats a direct result of our own 4th lines inferiority.

I am so fed up with our fourth line. They are so awful, it's pathetic. They don't provide energy or any offense. They chase the puck around in their own zone almost every shift and get scored on or take a penalty very frequently. Draper and Maltby have some great memories here, but they aren't remotely productive anymore. Kopecky is one of the worst hockey players ever.

Real bad effort tonight from everyone not named Osgood, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Hossa or Holmstrom. I feel bad for Ozzie - that was the poorest defensive effort from a Red Wings team in a long time. The Red Wings have a real problem getting the puck out of their own zone. The defense stood around and watched the entire game.

Lucky to get a point. I thought this team had finally put the defensive lapses behind them. Hopefully we'll see some focus on Wednesday and the rest of the road trip.

One last thing ... Derek Meech is so much better than Brett Lebda.

Agree on all accounts. Except Kopecky...may be too early too tell. I think it's about confidence with him - let's see how he does with some different linemates before we write him off. He's a big body, if he's with people who can create some chances, he may do some good things. But right now, the 4th line is a huge liability.

Anyone think we'll see some significant changes in the lines Wednesday? I'm thinking a couple slight adjustments after the hot streak came to an end.

LOL. As a female I respectfully disagree. I always see good looking woman with ugly men, never vice versa.

See the post directly below you for an answer to your response.

God smoked and drank too much and died.

I know, but that was par for the day back then.

LOL. As a female I respectfully disagree. I always see good looking woman with ugly men, never vice versa.

See the post above

Edit: GMR beats me with his speedy fingers

Edited by Statts

I honestly think - and I'm not being fatalistic here - but I think the 4th line is a make or break unit for us. They are SO bad that they cost us goals against, and when we're down, they don't provide us the energy to swing the momentum back our way if we're down a goal. We've had a LOT of goals scored against us this season by the opposition's 4th line, and thats a direct result of our own 4th lines inferiority.

totally agree. it's to be expected that the fourth line is gonna let some goals in, but they are supposed to be able to make up for it with physical grinding play. this season, our fourth line doesn't do s***. we need to coax drake out of retirement. draper and maltby are obsolete anymore and kopecky will never reach the status from which he can become obsolete.

Agree on all accounts. Except Kopecky...may be too early too tell. I think it's about confidence with him - let's see how he does with some different linemates before we write him off. He's a big body, if he's with people who can create some chances, he may do some good things. But right now, the 4th line is a huge liability.

Anyone think we'll see some significant changes in the lines Wednesday? I'm thinking a couple slight adjustments after the hot streak came to an end.

Dude...he played with DATSYUK and HOSSA and looked so out of place it was hurting us. Not to mention, too early to tell? He'll be 27 years old in 3 years. Five years of the traditional development stage is enough.

I would argue that anyone who argues that osgood didn't f*** up there on a mastodonic scale there is a moron.

I'm over exaggerating ont he importance of this game, but I hate losing, and losing against the stars no less, who think they've got what it takes to beat the wings. I'd rather lose 5 times to toronto or nashville than once to dallas or the sharks.

Here's the capper, Sparky....

YOU didn't lose a damned thing! While YOU were at home, in your Red Wings footie pajamas, sipping on your Yoo-hoo! and waiting for mommy to bring you another plateful of the chicken nuggets shaped like little dinosaurs.....

The MEN, the RED WINGS, were out there playin' hockey. And with the exception of a very few of them, Chris Osgood chief amongst, they were doing so very poorly.

You wanna more active role in the "we" of the Detroit Red Wings? Lace 'em up and strap 'em on, Sonny Jim.

Until then, try to remember where YOU are sitting while THEY are Playing.

Capice?

Here's the capper, Sparky....

YOU didn't lose a damned thing! While YOU were at home, in your Red Wings footie pajamas, sipping on your Yoo-hoo! and waiting for mommy to bring you another plateful of the chicken nuggets shaped like little dinosaurs.....

The MEN, the RED WINGS, were out there playin' hockey. And with the exception of a very few of them, Chris Osgood chief amongst, they were doing so very poorly.

You wanna more active role in the "we" of the Detroit Red Wings? Lace 'em up and strap 'em on, Sonny Jim.

Until then, try to remember where YOU are sitting while THEY are Playing.

Capice?

Amen.

The only time when people here get more of a connection with Wings is when Holland comes here for trading advices.

I think I know a way to "fix" the 4th line. We switch Datsyuk and Draper, and rename the 4th line the 1st line.

Like so:

Maltby-Datsyuk-Kopecky

Hossa-Hank-Cleary

Hudler-Filppula-Sammy

Homer-Draper-Franzen

Put Downey on the 4th line.

That way, in games like this we wouldn't be the team getting knocked around on the boards.

Watch this and you'll feel better:

LOL, great video.

Mix it up though on that 4th line, get Downey in there for a game, he is probably foaming at the mouth to get into the lineup, he would provide great energy.

Kopecky is so useless in every area of the game. Draper can at least win face-offs and kill powerplays. They should send him to the minors, call up Leino with the extra cap space. At least we know he can score once and a while.