• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
T.Low

Datsyuk or Fedorov

Rate this topic

Fair enough. I tend to value consistency more because it shows that you can succeed no matter your linemates, the strength of your team, the changing nature of the game. If you can continue to produce year after year even when people are gunning to shut you down, I think that shows true talent and Hall worthiness when you reach the lofty totals of guys like Dino or Gartner.

Would I say either guy was a better or more skilled player than Feds? No. But it doesn't diminish their accomplishments.

I guess I don't value peak performances much because they are flukey alot of times. Look at a guy like Johathan Cheechoo. He's got a 50 goal season under his belt. I kind of shrug my shoulders at that though because he was on a great team, had Joe Thornton feeding him pucks and quite frankly, not much has changed for him yet he cannot maintain even close to that high level of play.

Different strokes I guess.

I hear you... but I just do not want my position simplified.

I do not rank Cheechoo very high, because I do think consistency is important - same goes for Naslund and Bertuzzi.

If someone dominates for only a few years, and then falls off the face of the earth (see Lidros and Mogilny) I don't think they should be getting into the HoF either. I do try and take it all into context.

I'm not going to simplify your position by saying, "Oh, well you must think Cujoe is better than Hasek, right???".

If Gartner or Ciccarelli happened to have played their long careers outside of the early 80s to the early 90s, I'm not so sure we would even be talking about them getting into the Hall of Fame.

Peak performance vs consistency:

I would think that a few guys on the same team having peak performance years would give you a better chance at winning the Cup those particular years, than a team of consistency.

At the 1 minute mark, watch Feds split the seam down the middle and just fly past the entire Canadiens team to get the feed and score.

5 goal game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKJ5oj7vKlI

What hasn't been said about Dats.

Datsyuk Ownage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9wBJ7o9Boc...feature=related

Datsyuk Dangles:

Edited by T.Low

Or the "Wind at his back" move in the WC or absolutely owning Sydor the last time they played to create the Homer tap in.

Edited by Opie

Sergei Federov- Had Sergei played anywhere but with the Wings he might have had a string of 5 or 6 150 point seasons early in his career. Also I think most dont realize he is one of the highest playoff scorers of all time. Throw in that he was as impressive on the defensive end of the ice (Bowman or Jimmy D., cant remember which said they were sure if Sergei had played defense full time he would be the best defensive player in the game). Give me Federov in a heartbeat.