• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sureWhyNot

Kyle Quincey earlier tonight against Phoenix.

Rate this topic

I don't know if this has been posted, or talked about -- I didn't see anything but I could have missed it.

If not, then here is video of Kyle Quincey dropping the gloves against Phoenix's Daniel Winnik earlier this afternoon. The Coyotes won the game 6-3, but Quincey wins the scrap. Enjoy:

I love my team but i dont think we show enough patience in playing our young guys before we deem them unworthy. In hindsight quicey just needed some more oportunities and playing time to develop. We need a physical Dman that can drop the gloves from time to time, and we had him right here. Tsk Tsk

I don't know if this has been posted, or talked about -- I didn't see anything but I could have missed it.

If not, then here is video of Kyle Quincey dropping the gloves against Phoenix's Daniel Winnik earlier this afternoon. The Coyotes won the game 6-3, but Quincey wins the scrap. Enjoy:

I don't remember who it was, but Quince did drop the gloves one time with the wings.

Dropping the gloves was one of the things Holland told Quincey to work on before he could make the roster. I know Quincey is having a great season and I know we should have kept him instead of Chelios or maybe Meech, but I honestly don't think he would have gotten the playing time to ever reach the potential he is showing in L.A. Good for Kyle and I wish him the best.

Dropping the gloves was one of the things Holland told Quincey to work on before he could make the roster. I know Quincey is having a great season and I know we should have kept him instead of Chelios or maybe Meech, but I honestly don't think he would have gotten the playing time to ever reach the potential he is showing in L.A. Good for Kyle and I wish him the best.

Quoted for truth.

Depth. For Qunicey in Detroit, the depth factor didn't work out. But, for the overall team, having too much depth is a good problem.

We could all debate and argue and yell at each other whether Quincey or player ABC should be played in favor of Chelios or Lebda or player XYZ, and vice versa until our faces turn yellow.

Quincey still had his chances to outperform lower-lined defensemen in Detroit in pre-season, limited playing time with Detroit, and he didn't do enough to seal the deal. Whether it was fair or not that he got let go, he still had his chances if we wanted to stay in Detroit.

Would I have liked to see him work out with the Wings? Without question. But I'm glad he's doing well with the Kings.

Kyle used to drop the gloves periodically here in Grand Rapids. Not often enough to be considered a fighter, but enough to keep his opponents in line when he needed to.

He said that he got together with Aaron Downey several times over the summer to work on his fighting because he knew that Detroit need him to be more physical. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to overcome his puck handling skills and skating speed (or lack of) compared to Meech and Lebda.

He's a good guy, but with Detroit's puck possession style of play, he never would have fit in. We knew it; he knew it. If he had cleared waiver, he would have continued to only get sporadic chances to play in the NHL to cover for injuries. Getting picked up by L.A. gave him the opportunity to make his NHL career dreams come true.

Guest Crymson

And here's where we see the hilarious "I have incredible hindsight!" or "I knew better!" posts.

Yeesh. Get over yourselves.

I don't remember who it was, but Quince did drop the gloves one time with the wings.

Yes you are correct, Quincey had a go with Greg Stewart of Montreal during a pre season game this year.

Quoted for truth.

Depth. For Qunicey in Detroit, the depth factor didn't work out. But, for the overall team, having too much depth is a good problem.

We could all debate and argue and yell at each other whether Quincey or player ABC should be played in favor of Chelios or Lebda or player XYZ, and vice versa until our faces turn yellow.

Quincey still had his chances to outperform lower-lined defensemen in Detroit in pre-season, limited playing time with Detroit, and he didn't do enough to seal the deal. Whether it was fair or not that he got let go, he still had his chances if we wanted to stay in Detroit.

Would I have liked to see him work out with the Wings? Without question. But I'm glad he's doing well with the Kings.

I agree with you a 100%, it just wasn't going to happen here in Detroit for Quincey. However his success in LA reflects pretty darn good on the Wings developmental program. But you are definitely correct about Quincey and the situation here in Detroit.

I too am glad he is doing well, he needed to go to a team that allowed him to play his style of game, and quite frankly - learn on the go. Unfortunately for him (and fortunately for us Detroit fans) the Red Wings have a higher bar one has to hit in order to make the everyday lineup.

And here's where we see the hilarious "I have incredible hindsight!" or "I knew better!" posts.

Yeesh. Get over yourselves.

FAIL!

Never mind whats done is done. We still got the Rig to come up next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54jmik941tk

Very true. I have gone ahead and thrown up a couple of videos showing what we have to look forward too in the near future (I also included the video you provided the link for):

I love Jonathan Ericsson more and more each day. The guy is going to be (fingers crossed) a very rare find, a big dman who can actually move the puck, and jump into the offensive rush. On top of that he scraps -- and when he fights, my man fights. There is nothing pretty or set up/staged about it -- he is looking to hurt.

I included below a little Jakub Kindl scrap. It was from last season, but he still is a prospect, and while the video doesn't really show it, Kindl ain't too shabby (look at the other guy skating to the penalty box, and check out his busted nose):

The same people who are saying this team should have kept Quincey are probably saying to trade Howard right now, too.

I said that before training camp ever started, and was flamed pretty bad...People telling me how Quincey sucked. He's better than 2 defenseman that we kept, but I won't say "told ya so" He would not have been getting Top 4 ice time originally, but would have with Stuart's injury. Sometimes allegiance outweighs common sense within the org....