• Please log in to reply
1164 replies to this topic

#81 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

FOr as good as a Pronger-Chara matchup would be, they still can't stop the onslaught of Hossa, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Leino, Franzen and Hudler.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#82 The Mule

The Mule

A Nightmare on Helm Street

• Silver Booster
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

I love that we can already include Leino as part of our "onslaught."

#83 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

Bob McKenzie: Ducks unlikely to trade Pronger until the summer. They want to wait and see what Niedermayer is going to do, first.

#84 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,586 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (MacK_Attack @ February 27, 2009 - 12:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bob McKenzie: Ducks unlikely to trade Pronger until the summer. They want to wait and see what Niedermayer is going to do, first.

they really want to wait a month into next season before doing anything with pronger? wink.gif
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#85 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ February 27, 2009 - 08:22AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they really want to wait a month into next season before doing anything with pronger? wink.gif

No kidding. The Ducks really ought to deal one or the other before the deadline. The current formula isn't working, and while both are on the downsides of their careers both would be really attractive to teams that think they have a shot this year. Maybe they can get an overexuberant Boston to mortgage their future at the deadline for two months of Niedermayer or a year+ of Pronger and make them next year's Penguins...

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#86 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

Fun year for Janik:

Janik signed as FA by Chicago
Janik put on waivers by Chicago
Janik claimed off of waivers by Dallas
Janik put on waivers by Dallas
Janik claimed off of waivers by Chicago
Janik traded to Dallas for future considerations
Janik traded to Montreal for Begin
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#87 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Third Man In @ February 27, 2009 - 05:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No kidding. The Ducks really ought to deal one or the other before the deadline. The current formula isn't working, and while both are on the downsides of their careers both would be really attractive to teams that think they have a shot this year. Maybe they can get an overexuberant Boston to mortgage their future at the deadline for two months of Niedermayer or a year+ of Pronger and make them next year's Penguins...

Talk around here is Kessel again, this happened last year, they threatened to trade him, can't fine a suitor, bench him, bring him back, he is hot for 2 weeks and then goes back to being inconsistent.

He is young and has a lot of upside, but he is also a RFA at seasons end along with Krecji and Hunwick. Then they have Fernandez, Thomas, Axelsson and Hnidy as UFAs. I think Kessel is going to need to be shopped.
Word around here is they badly want Pronger, the Ducks could easily make them throw in Axelson, Hunwick, Wheeler, or any other prospect (other than Rask) and the Bruins would almost have to take the deal! Hell I bet if they offered the Ducks Kessel and Ference the Ducks would take it!

The Bruins while their last two games make it look deceiving have been struggling on offense, sure they put 6 up on the Panthers and Ducks, but lets be honest neither of those teams are superb defensive talents (Spare me I said last season the Ducks D was overrated, and it is more so this year).

In my opinion the B's are dumb to go after another D-man, Chara and Wideman are having better years than Pronger already, they need a top tier forward, Lucic is slowing down, Kessel is inconsistent, Bergeroen I am not sure will ever be himself again, Savard is a beast, Ryder is streaky and right now is hot, but streaky.

I think they would be better off trying to get an Eric Cole, there is talk around here that they are after Cole or Tkachuk, which in my opinion is a better move for them, well at least the Cole part, Tkachuk will just be back in Stl next year with whatever you gave up to get him!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#88 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:35 PM

Vancouver claimed Ossi Vaananen off waivers from Philadelphia

Montreal claimed Glen Metropolit off waivers from Philly, as well.

Edited by MacK_Attack, 27 February 2009 - 03:32 PM.

#89 boomer

boomer

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Vladifan @ February 26, 2009 - 08:13PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody think he's still good enough to come back to the Wings? I haven't watched him enough since he moved on.

He's still has heart and bounced back from a bad injury this year, but we don't need him.

#90 boomer

boomer

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Opie @ February 27, 2009 - 12:55PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Talk around here is Kessel again, this happened last year, they threatened to trade him, can't fine a suitor, bench him, bring him back, he is hot for 2 weeks and then goes back to being inconsistent.

He is young and has a lot of upside, but he is also a RFA at seasons end along with Krecji and Hunwick. Then they have Fernandez, Thomas, Axelsson and Hnidy as UFAs. I think Kessel is going to need to be shopped.
Word around here is they badly want Pronger, the Ducks could easily make them throw in Axelson, Hunwick, Wheeler, or any other prospect (other than Rask) and the Bruins would almost have to take the deal! Hell I bet if they offered the Ducks Kessel and Ference the Ducks would take it!

The Bruins while their last two games make it look deceiving have been struggling on offense, sure they put 6 up on the Panthers and Ducks, but lets be honest neither of those teams are superb defensive talents (Spare me I said last season the Ducks D was overrated, and it is more so this year).

In my opinion the B's are dumb to go after another D-man, Chara and Wideman are having better years than Pronger already, they need a top tier forward, Lucic is slowing down, Kessel is inconsistent, Bergeroen I am not sure will ever be himself again, Savard is a beast, Ryder is streaky and right now is hot, but streaky.

I think they would be better off trying to get an Eric Cole, there is talk around here that they are after Cole or Tkachuk, which in my opinion is a better move for them, well at least the Cole part, Tkachuk will just be back in Stl next year with whatever you gave up to get him!

I do agree with you in part I would never get rid of Kessel he's a game breaker type player. I do believe they stiil could use another defenesman ; but not Pronger those young prospects you mentioned are to valuable. Boston giving up Wheeler would be like us giving up Leino in a deal for a top notch defenseman which I woudn't do.

#91 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

This is a rumor I first heard on NHL Live this afternoon, don't know how reliable the link is but I figured I'd just throw it out here.

To Toronto: Staal and Tangradi(Who they just aquired in the Whitney trade)

To Pittsburgh: Kaberle and Stajan

http://mapleleafshot...pens-and-leafs/

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#92 sagnam

sagnam

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (MacK_Attack @ February 27, 2009 - 01:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Montreal claimed Glen Metropolit off waivers from Montreal

huh.gif

#93 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (wingsdiehard13 @ February 27, 2009 - 03:01PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a rumor I first heard on NHL Live this afternoon, don't know how reliable the link is but I figured I'd just throw it out here.

To Toronto: Staal and Tangradi(Who they just aquired in the Whitney trade)

To Pittsburgh: Kaberle and Stajan

http://mapleleafshot...pens-and-leafs/

Not likely. That's far less than what Burke said he was seeking for Kaberle alone. (Young roster player, top prospect, 1st round pick)

#94 This Is Bida

This Is Bida

Welcome to God's team, Marian!

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (MacK_Attack @ February 27, 2009 - 03:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not likely. That's far less than what Burke said he was seeking for Kaberle alone. (Young roster player, top prospect, 1st round pick)

Yea, that doesn't sound right at all. Like you said, Burke is asking for much more for Kaberle.
Plus, why trade a player only to turn around and trade back for him?

Edited by This Is Bida, 28 February 2009 - 12:33 AM.

QUOTE (This Is Bida @ November 15, 2008 - 03:49AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mark my words... Hossa will retire a Red Wing.

http://pittsburghliv...s/s_610741.html
GREAT READ! Just shows that not all Pens fans are complete f'n idiots.
Oh, and it proves that Hossa never said he wanted to stay in Pittsburgh!

#95 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:06 AM

Fer goodness sakes, please someone out East take Pronger... please!!

#96 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (mindfly @ February 27, 2009 - 08:00AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If pronger goes to boston i think they will win the cup
Not if they give up Kessel in return.

Posted Image

#97 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (MacK_Attack @ February 27, 2009 - 08:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Montreal claimed Glen Metropolit off waivers from Philly, as well.

This was their backup plan for Lecavalier...? laugh.gif
Burke.gif

#98 RedWingedKitten

RedWingedKitten

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (The Mule @ February 27, 2009 - 10:59AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love that we can already include Leino as part of our "onslaught."

I know man, it's awesome!

I would like Pronger to go out east. That would make me happy, but Boston does look good with Pronger, Wideman, and Chara.

Edited by RedWingedKitten, 28 February 2009 - 10:16 AM.

#99 The Mule

The Mule

A Nightmare on Helm Street

• Silver Booster
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (RedWingedKitten @ February 28, 2009 - 10:15AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know man, it's awesome!

I would like Pronger to go out east. That would make me happy, but Boston does look good with Pronger, Wideman, and Chara.

I had a stinging feeling the second we signed Leino that he would develop into a very strong player. He was just too good in Finland last season to not make even a little bit of an impact over here.

#100 Hopper15

Hopper15

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

The Sharks could land Pronger at the trade deadline. Doug Wilson knows it's now or never to win the cup.

Edited by Hopper15, 28 February 2009 - 02:46 PM.